barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I thought he was toast?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Forgive me if this is a load of gobilldigook but I'm writing it on my phone for the first time, my laptop is being repaired.

First phone, we are a much smaller country than yours is, and if you look up the population density of England and not the uk then you will get a better view of the situation. Paul who lives in a pretty sparsely populated area of my home county, doesn't have to live with the situation some if us have. My own city of Leeds has more than doubled in population over the last 15yrs. The school places, hospitals, etc haven't. I live on the outskirts of Leeds, not too far from Dewsbury, and bradford, both places well known for their large immigrant populations. Several of the London bombers came from around here. If you don't look too closely it seems pretty a friendly area, but live here and know the area, and you get a very different picture. We had mainly Asian immigrants at first, and they set up their own areas, with few even attempting any kind of integration. We then had an influx of polish, many of whom dislike Asian, blacks etc, but decided to create there own areas, usually near the same areas as the asians. Then we had an influx of Romanians, who don't seem to like anyone. They are a bit more spread out, but very noticeable non the less. There is one area of Leeds where I spent a lot of my youth, and knew very well. Now its like a foreign country. I know locals in the areas that are wary of going down the main street, because of groups of mainly Romanians, hanging about corners, drinking, shouting, in what's seen as an aggressive manner. I can go into my local town centre, and hear almost as many foreign accents as I do English. My wife worked for a local firm that began to employ more polish workers. The job involves working with animal intestines, and takes a certain kind of person that can do it. Many of these were decent lads, a bit rough when they'd had a drink, but ok. They lived 7 or 8 to a flat, to save money, kept some for themselves, and sent the rest home. This is just another way we are subsidising the economies of eu countries.

The main problem apart from the shear numbers defending on certain area, is the speed at which it has been allows to happen. Its ok quoting statistics saying that x number of immigrants have entered the uk, you have to then look at where they have gone, mainly to areas with some of their own countrymen. So instead of say, instead of the statistics saying there is an overall increase of single figure percentage, many areas have an increase of 50, 60% or more. That's why there are so many different arguments here, some dont see a problem, others not only see one, have to live with it.

John

John you live in Leeds now Leeds Bradford and its surrounding areas have allways had a very large Asian community infact if you like curry bradistan as its some times called is place to go but lets get this right by leaving the EU or brexit will not make a shread of difference to the asian community numbers in the uk most originally arrived here in the 60ss and 70ss and were born here now believe it or not some think by brexit it will solve the problem a lot of dark coloured faces will somehow disappear how disappointed they are going to be a lot didnt really know exactly what they were really voting for they will very soon now you say all the poles and other EU nationals mostly doing low paid jobs here send money home what about the million or so brits working round Europe probably I would have thought doing high skilled jobs on much much bigger wages then bringing all that cash back to the uk from the other EU countries probably John more cash gets brought back here than all The poles etc send back home mind the main brexit comic the Mail its owners who are registered im the Cayman Islands milk out our cash and send it abroad to there offshore piggy bank practically TAX FREE .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-hungary-sanctions-eu-alliance-populism-right-wing-a8417846.html

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Cod says his link is only fit for toilet paper

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Paul, as usual you miss one of the main points of my post

The population of Leeds has more than doubled in the last 15 years. The facilities and utilities, have not. That is a large increase over a relatively short period. How many countries have seen an increase of that size in such a short time due to the brits working there? That is part from our trying to take over the world years ago, but that caused a few problems. I don't give a damn whether they are asians, Europeans, or bloody Martians, if you allow a large influx of people into already heavily populated areas, you are asking for trouble.

Whitby gets a few thousand goths for a weekend each year, and the place practically comes to a standstill. Now imagine that number of people, double it, and have them living there permanently. You might get some idea of what I'm talking about.

All you ever seem to be concerned with is how much money anything is worth, whether it be fuel, cheap flights, booze, fags, or what foreigners allegedly contribute. You and I differ in that I believe that there is much more to the quality of life, than just its monetary value.

I could go on and on but what's the point? The dead horse ain't going to move no matter how much I hit it.

John

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The population of Leeds has more than doubled in the last 15 years. The facilities and utilities, have not. That is a large increase over a relatively short period. How many countries have seen an increase of that size in such a short time due to the brits working there? That is part from our trying to take over the world years ago, but that caused a few problems. I don't give a damn whether they are asians, Europeans, or bloody Martians, if you allow a large influx of people into already heavily populated areas, you are asking for trouble.

Whitby gets a few thousand goths for a weekend each year, and the place practically comes to a standstill. Now imagine that number of people, double it, and have them living there permanently. You might get some idea of what I'm talking about.

All you ever seem to be concerned with is how much money anything is worth, whether it be fuel, cheap flights, booze, fags, or what foreigners allegedly contribute. You and I differ in that I believe that there is much more to the quality of life, than just its monetary value.

I could go on and on but what's the point? The dead horse ain't going to move no matter how much I hit it.

John

Birmingham has the same issues but bigger

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/british-white-people-set-become-14830628.amp

And

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-population-growing-23000-12025620.amp

And with a similar population density to Leeds of around 10,500 per sq mile

Edited by snakey1

The population of Leeds has more than doubled in the last 15 years

What is your best estimate of the population of Leeds today John?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All,

Leeds Population

474,632 – 2011

780,000 – 2014

1.8 million - 2018

Your estimate is a little low Gozzer. You must count people like you weigh fish.

Phone

Edit: I finished reading the article and I'm back. Interestingly The Leeds City Region, which is an economic area with Leeds as the core, has a population surpassing 3 million in 2014. I would only assume the "economic area" has grown equally as much as the core city, or more.

I didn't know this, "While Leeds is the second-most populous city in England, this can be a bit misleading, as it is going by the city proper, not the surrounding area. The City of LONDON, for example, is only one square mile with a population of less than 12,000"

Edited by Phone

All,

Leeds Population

474,632 2011

780,000 2014

1.8 million - 2018

Your estimate is a little low Gozzer. You must count people like you weigh fish.

Phone

Edit: I finished reading the article and I'm back. Interestingly The Leeds City Region, which is an economic area with Leeds as the core, has a population surpassing 3 million in 2014. I would only assume the "economic area" has grown equally as much as the core city, or more.

I didn't know this, "While Leeds is the second-most populous city in England, this can be a bit misleading, as it is going by the city proper, not the surrounding area. The City of LONDON, for example, is only one square mile with a population of less than 12,000"

Not sure where you get your figures phone, most estimates I've seen for the population of Leeds are around the 800,000 mark no where near 1.8 million

John

John you go about monetary values so if brexit goes tits up and your pension gets slashed would you scream like a pig of course you would people lose there homes if the economy goes tits up forget about everything else because in the real world thats what really counts.

Now yes I may like a flutter but let me tell this I never seen such a certainty in my life as to what brexit will give this country and its not good if I am wrong I will be the first to admit I was wrong it believe me I will not hold my breath to what awaits the shite that is about fall on this country its the fallout thats going to be the interesting and all rats running from

Sinking ship .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

My personal rough estimate, and so called official numbers differ, in fact as its been seen on here various 'official' numbers vary a great deal. I would put it at between one, and one and a half million.

As usual those it doesn't affect, don't see a problem. No surprise really. Those who don't see a problem are usually either in a place that isn't greatly affected, are making money from it, are blinded by humanitarian issues, or too reliant on the reports from bias media.

I've just been watching newsnight and immigration and its effect on the coming EU confidence was the subject. Racism and xenophobia were words used pretty often, as usual. Its just a smoke screen to try and discredit anyone who has a genuine concern about uncontrolled immigration. Ask those people about housing, utilities, hospital and school places etc, that will be needed. We don't have enough housing to accommodate the present population, never mind any unknown numbers that decide to move here under free movement. I think that those who are in favour of free uncontrolled movement of people, are like those who over stock waters with carp. They seem to believe that the food and space increases to accommodate the numbers stocked.

There are many things to think about, not just what immigration does for the economy. An apparent plus can soon be made into a deficit when you look at the whole picture.

John

PS, I'm struggling using my phone to post, if I'm slow in replying, don't be surprised.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John