A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Ive got into the habit of turning the Stop/Start in my car (an Audi) off as soon as I switch the ignition on; I dislike it with a passion and have heard a few tales of starter motors packing up in the past on other cars through using the Stop/Start.

Nice Barbel Ian.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I often do that Keith, i usually leave it on if I have o waite for more than several minuites.

I was sitting it the car recently, waiting for my mrs in the shop and after about 20 min's the car just started up for no reason, this has happened twice now. I forgot to mention that to my mechanic friend. I know it made jump like an pole vaulter!!

Nice barbel and nice pic Ian. It went very quiet after we spoke and even the other anglers moaned so it wasnt necessarily my incompetence. It was a really lively tench though; made my day.

• Like 2

Tigger,

Pay no attention to the car. Do as my children do when the "check engine" light comes on - ignore it, it'll be OK

Today was perfect for fishing here. Went down to the Missouri River to watch for a couple hours. Turned out was a couple minutes. It is still above flood stage from March.

Phone

Good luck Ian. I hate stop start, keyless ignition and self locking on cars to such an extent I won't have a car so equipped.

I will visit my local on Saturday or might even go back to Chernobyl for the day. If you fancy it let me know. I will leave the carp gear at home or sell it.

Parental duties today so I may pass you on the M6. It was closed for hours on Wednesday because of the crash and the leaking of gin on the road. Drivers were all in the sloe lane and just had to gin and bear it. Mind you it's reopening was a tonic. I'll get my coat.

All,

I like this threat because, for the most part, it has remained dedicated to fish caught.

However, at the risk of spoiling the nature of the thread I am compelled to offer a suggestion. A lovely new venue is now available much closer than chernobyl. Has anyone fished the Iranian Semnan Launch Site yet?

EYE2cyPBu3G6P8i9Qidnmn-320-80.jpg

Phone

Thats just a few miles from president bush's iraqi nuke weapons fishing complex isnt it?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson