Not the man the press would have you believe he is.

Ken L

Wow, now I realise why whenever I see you're online, the phrase, "The Ego Has Landed", springs to mind.

Unlike you, I consider my opinion to be just that, mine. It's of little interest to me whether you find it of value or not, some do, some don't, that's life. I don't have to prove myself to you or anyone else. I join a debate on here, and like most, offer an opinion, how others take is up to them. I don't have to be right all the time, I'm human with human frailties.

You often remind me of a child I was at school with Cory. Whenever the teacher asked a question, his hand would shoot up, and with a cry of, "me sir, me, I know sir, pick me sir", his arm would be pushed higher, and higher, while he struggled to keep his behind in contact with his chair. We often thought that he would dislocate his shoulder. He had to be right, he wasn't well liked.

John.

I'm not like that at all. When I was at school I was a little quiet kid. The only then i really excelled at was chemistry and to a lesser extent physics.

I try my hardest not to form opinions or beliefs that are not based on facts.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

No Steve, I can see a difference between pushing an agenda, and teaching to accept.

As I said in my earlier post, I believe that at 4/5/6 years old, a kid doesn't need to be burdened by the morality of intricate relationships. At that age things just are. They have enough on their plates just being a kid, learning how to hold a pencil, fine tuning their motor reflexes, and absorbing the wonder of life that's all around them. I don't know about anyone else but I prefer to see kids as kids, running, playing, laughing, and enjoying themselves, ie, being kids, rather than walking around like mini adults trying to make sense of all the crap that comes with adulthood.

John.

Section 28 was legislation produced because the right wing panicked about the idea that schools were telling children that being gay was OK.

This sounds like the same argument. Keep in mind that this is part of a package which includes teaching kids that some people are different races, some are different faiths, some are disabled, etc - is that also all too complicated?

I'd laugh my ass off if in five years I can look back and see that you've dismissed not one but two world leaders in the space of a couple of posts - Peterson has pondered a move into politics.

As to why you should care about what he says, well, hearing the articulated views of a large body of people that are excluded from the lefty mainstream media bubble is always a good idea. If Macron had done that, France might mot be tearing itself apart. If the EU had done that, we wouldn't have had Brexit and the EU wouldn't be looking down the barrel of it's own demise and if the police, media, social services and Westminster politicians had done that, the systematic industrial scale grooming and raping of thousands of underage girls in the north of England might have been addressed and stopped a decade earlier than it was.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Peterson, Shapiro. What is it with this semi obsession with sophistry? Are you a fan of Dinesh D’Souza too?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I'm not like that at all. When I was at school I was a little quiet kid. The only then i really excelled at was chemistry and to a lesser extent physics.

I try my hardest not to form opinions or beliefs that are not based on facts.

I've only got your word for that, but I'll be magnanimous and believe you, not that it matters. I however formed my opinions on how you appear to me now, I didn't know you 40 odd years ago, and as I said earlier it's hard to form an opinion on something you're not aware of.

I've said to you often before, what you regard as anecdotal evidence, is someone elses life experience, so you have to decide if you believe them, or if you think they are lying. By your own admission, you would tend to not believe them. I wonder if this would apply to a relative or close friend that told you something had happened to them, that was outside your experience, but they couldn't offer any proof.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Oh and by the way Macron is not a "lefty" They don't call him Emmanuel Thatcher for nothing. France is not tearing itself apart. To most French, the vestes jaunes are pretty much an irrelevance.

Section 28 was legislation produced because the right wing panicked about the idea that schools were telling children that being gay was OK.

This sounds like the same argument. Keep in mind that this is part of a package which includes teaching kids that some people are different races, some are different faiths, some are disabled, etc - is that also all too complicated?

As I've said Steve, I don't believe that kids as young as 4/5/6 recognise the differences we see, unless we introduce them. My Grandson has three 'best' friends at nursery, two of them come from immigrant/migrant families. One, Stankos I believe is Romanian, another (I'm sorry but I can't pronounce his name), comes from, I think E Africa, the third is a local lad Preston. None of them give a dam about the origins, colour, beliefs, parental status, parental sexual preferences, they are just mates playing. They even let some girls join in! Why burden them with any more than they need at that age? If they ask questions, fair enough do your best to answer, in a way that you think they will understand and without bias.

To enter this into the curriculum at such an early age, I believe has the potential to do more damage than good, especially if the kids go home and the parents are less than sympathetic to the idea. You are putting the burden on the child to choose between believing their parents, or their school.

I had enough of this in a much smaller way,with maths when going through homework with my two. The methods of teaching changed that often, that I was told on many occasions that, "teacher doesn't do it that way". I often had to bite my tongue to stop me saying what teacher should do with 'her way'.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Oh and by the way Macron is not a "lefty" They don't call him Emmanuel Thatcher for nothing. France is not tearing itself apart. To most French, the vestes jaunes are pretty much an irrelevance.

I didn't say he was.

He's a globalist Rothschild's banker and much more akin to Blair than Thatcher.

What I said was that he could have avoided the ongoing civil unrest in France (also largely unreported due to a media blackout) had he listened to the views of a large body of people that are excluded from the lefty mainstream media bubble.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

As I've said Steve, I don't believe that kids as young as 4/5/6 recognise the differences we see, unless we introduce them. My Grandson has three 'best' friends at nursery, two of them come from immigrant/migrant families. One, Stankos I believe is Romanian, another (I'm sorry but I can't pronounce his name), comes from, I think E Africa, the third is a local lad Preston. None of them give a dam about the origins, colour, beliefs, parental status, parental sexual preferences, they are just mates playing. They even let some girls join in! Why burden them with any more than they need at that age? If they ask questions, fair enough do your best to answer, in a way that you think they will understand and without bias.

To enter this into the curriculum at such an early age, I believe has the potential to do more damage than good, especially if the kids go home and the parents are less than sympathetic to the idea. You are putting the burden on the child to choose between believing their parents, or their school.

I had enough of this in a much smaller way,with maths when going through homework with my two. The methods of teaching changed that often, that I was told on many occasions that, "teacher doesn't do it that way". I often had to bite my tongue to stop me saying what teacher should do with 'her way'.

Yes, it may confuse them if their preacher and parents are telling them that gays and people who don't share their religion are wicked.

Probably at some point between them being born and them strapping on a suicide vest, we should challenge those ideas?

I've only got your word for that, but I'll be magnanimous and believe you, not that it matters. I however formed my opinions on how you appear to me now, I didn't know you 40 odd years ago, and as I said earlier it's hard to form an opinion on something you're not aware of.

I've said to you often before, what you regard as anecdotal evidence, is someone elses life experience, so you have to decide if you believe them, or if you think they are lying. By your own admission, you would tend to not believe them. I wonder if this would apply to a relative or close friend that told you something had happened to them, that was outside your experience, but they couldn't offer any proof.

John.

Forty years ago I was not a kid. I had been at sea for three years. The plural of anecdotes is not data. I would tell them "if you can't show it, you don't know it".

Someone can tell you something that is untrue without them telling lie at least they can in my book. To me, a lie is a deliberate attempt to deceive. Someone who tells me something that they believe to be true.I had a bit of a discussion with a friend last week. He thinks that because we always see the same "side" of the moon all the time that the moon does not rotate on its axis. I explained to him that the moon rotates on its axis every twenty-seven days, about the same time as it takes to complete a full orbit of the earth. We call this synchronous rotation. He could not grasp it at all. He also could not grasp that there is no "dark side of the moon" either. I just gave up in the end, sometimes it is not worth the fight.

I also have disagreements with some of the French side of the family who imagine that homoeopathy is a thing.