Election time again

Ken L

It's £50 in jersey and silly money in the states how long before it's mandatory here correct me if I am wrong don't those GPS actually work for the NHS

They work for the NHS in the same sense that Capita works for the DWP or G4S works for the prison service. GP surgeries are private enterprises with a contract to work for the NHS.

And if you are in that surgery unwell and can't afford the £145 how will those patients feel ..

The patients who are having to wait for an appointment are the ones who don't qualify for an urgent one. So the question for me is "does providing the private service reduce the number of appointments for NHS patients". If it does, that isn't acceptable. If it doesn't, those patients who can't afford a private appointment should be grateful that those who can are reducing the waiting list for NHS appointments.

(just to add, the patients getting the benefit of a shorter queue will be at other surgeries, the ones who are registered at that surgery can't use the paid for service)

Edited by Steve Walker

Steve correct me if I am wrong not all GPs are self employed some are salaried which I assume are on PAYE .

Teresa May has just announced she wants to bring back fox hunting another good vote winner for her .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Those GPs who are salaried work as employees of their practice which is a privately owned business working under contract for the NHS. They aren't employees of the NHS.

Mrs May herself our PM could face charges an announcement very soon tMrs May get the same treatment as Hillary Clinton did I very much doubt it but it's on the cards.

We shall soon see who is in who's pocket .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-2017-theresa-may-tory-fraud-investigation-expenses-scandal-cps-decide-press-charges-a7723501.html

No prosecutions oh dear BC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39865801

Talking of battle buses, I saw the Labour one this morning, outside the Leeds Hilton. Corbyn and crew were in Manchester yesterday, so I suppose they stayed in Leeds so that the bus could be said to be on 'national' duty, instead of local. (That's one of the reasons why both Labour and the Torys were questioned about election expenses).

I'm a little surprised that Jeremy and co spent the night at the Hilton though. I would have thought that they could have saved some money by staying with local labour councillors, or supporters. Failing that, the Premier Inn would have been more in touch with the 'common man' that they are purporting to represent.

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm a little surprised that Jeremy and co spent the night at the Hilton though. I would have thought that they could have saved some money by staying with local labour councillors, or supporters. Failing that, the Premier Inn would have been more in touch with the 'common man' that they are purporting to represent.

It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see..."

"You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?"

"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."

"I did," said Ford. "It is."

"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't people get rid of the lizards?"

"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."

"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"

"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."

"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"

"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?"

• Like 2

The tories are STILL under investigation it's not completely brushed aside yet .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/10/no-conservative-election-expenses-charges-from-14-police-force-inquiries

Untitled-1.jpg

Just reading the reactions from all on the CPS announcement of no offences committed on the 'fraud' investigated by Police, in my view a total waste of finite Police resources which, I suppose had to be done to shut up the speculation.

I have to say it rather reminded me of the "look what we caught, we caught a witch, may we burn her?" Sketch from Monty Python (Although I have to admit to seeing a resemblance to most things these days as a Monty Python sketch!)

Everybody is attempting to find obscure reason why an opponent is a lying, conning, thieving SOAB without realising that the answer is usually the simplest one.

I was rather pleased that Jeremy C quite simply said, words to the effect of "We have an answer, time to move on!" It's a pity Dim Tim is going to carry on but the flogging a dead horse is his favourite hobby.

Rather cynical again on the amount of Money Corbyn is going to protect from his tax increases, £85,000 and under and you don't have to worry, how much does an MP earn again? Oh yes that's right just under that sum, not including expenses which are tax free of course!

Me, I am fully supportive of the working man, I call him 'brother' and only drink pints from a jug, but you have to excuse me, got a guy in to clean the duck pond and the bloody drawbridge is speaking again.

• Like 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Talking of battle buses, I saw the Labour one this morning, outside the Leeds Hilton. Corbyn and crew were in Manchester yesterday, so I suppose they stayed in Leeds so that the bus could be said to be on 'national' duty, instead of local. (That's one of the reasons why both Labour and the Torys were questioned about election expenses).

John.

Corbyn must have been meeting normal voters where teresa may struggles to meet voters outside her staged speeches every single person in the room are hand picked loyalist she is chicken to meet ordinary voters in the street she gets every question by the press given to her prior to any questions she is a fake strong leader what a load of trash she is even more plastic than Cameron ever was and she will be found out sooner or later . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg