well now i know!

chesters1

Not worth the bother ,nature will eventually make it disapear if the planet lasts long enough

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I doubt ground up wheat will have growth potential lol even the whole stuff from the bird feeder above it is no match for the lawnmower if it dares sprout

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 11/20/2020 at 7:58 AM, ayjay said:

OK, so enlighten me. What's the difference between *not ground* and *left over after milling*?

The confusion is with what you think pasta is made from and what you think couscous is made from. You seem to think that pasta and couscous are made from different things. They are not.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

3 hours ago, corydoras said:

The confusion is with what you think pasta is made from and what you think couscous is made from. You seem to think that pasta and couscous are made from different things. They are not.

You don't know what I think or what I know. It should be obvious from my initial question that I do know.

Also note what you told me in your previous post:- " Couscous is made with durum. Durum is the part of the wheat grain that is not ground by the millwheel." 

Whether I already knew or not is irrelevant, (I did), having read that, I obviously would then know.

Perhaps you'd like to answer my original question now.

What's the difference between *not ground* and *left over after milling*?

You posted

"It's not quite that simple. Pasta is made from Durum Wheat flour: Couscous is made from the bits that are left over after the wheat has been milled into flour.".

Both pasta and couscous are made from durum wheat flour. 

Tell you what. I won't tell you how to knock nails in, you don't lecture me about the kitchen.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

23 minutes ago, corydoras said:

Both pasta and couscous are made from durum wheat flour.

This much I already knew, hence the question that you've now swerved for a second time.

Still there ,i even put seed on top and that was eaten ,couscous  by definition is crap if even birds and animals of the forest and vale refuse to eat it ,perhaps i put in or left out 1 ml of water ,its a damn complicated recipe!

AJAY,

OK best I can do. Taken from the two different package labels and reworked  in word processor so at least I have a clear understanding and answer to your valad question.

Both semolina and durum flour are products rendered from milled durum wheat. 

The endosperm is separated from the grain through the milling process, resulting in coarsely-ground flour known as semolina. MILLING ENDS THE PROCESS FOR MAKING SEMOLINA.

Durum flour is the fine ground powder left over after the semolina is MILLED

Durum wheat is first milled for the endosperm (semolina) and NOT GROUND.

Durum flour is, using BRITISH seaman terms, the “jetsam and flotsam” during the process of making semolina. After milling this jetsam and flotsam is further GROUND for a Sundry of reasons

THE difference between the terms in your post simply point out which end product you are referring to – 1. semolina or 2. durum flour. Ground = flour and milled = semolina only milled (which is also flour but is more coarse and contains the endosperm of the seed.)

Phone

sry about the two typefaces  - should have used WORD and  made it all one

Edited by Phone
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Phone: I guess Cory is too busy peeling spuds or washing pots.

Now I just need to ascertain the difference between milling and grinding.?

• Haha 1