Boris will be OK!!

Martin56

7 hours ago, big_cod said:

Just announced today a call for a 40p increase in a dozen eggs , now you tell me Ken  the percentage rise on a dozen eggs .you can have the pleasure.

Consumers could see egg shortages within “a matter of weeks” unless retailers raise prices to cover rapidly increasing production costs, poultry industry leaders have warned.

The British Egg Industry Council (BEIC) said customers were likely to see shortages without urgent action, while the British Free Range Egg Producers Association (BFREPA) said shoppers needed to be paying 40p extra per dozen eggs to avert a catastrophe in the sector

Taxes Ken just pretend they have been cut if that helps .😂
So what did the article say  4 % ??????

And this is across the board some items have rocked in price , buts it’s still  over double to what your article said .

As of February 2022, the consumer price index score for food and non-alcoholic beverages in the United Kingdom was 108.9, indicating that food and drink prices have risen by 8.9 percentwhen compared with 2015.
Characteristic Consumer price index

I'm not sure what's funnier...

The arse about face economics of that opening paragraph, or you clucking like a headless chicken at the statement that food and "drink prices have risen by 8.9 percent when compared with 2015".

8.9% in 7 years is nothing.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

5 hours ago, big_cod said:

Sounds more like the golf courses were to hard for him 🏌️♀️🏌️♀️🏌️♀️

No it was the ignorant brits i promise you

How are they going to stop chickens laying causing these shortages? Sticking corks up their cloacas? .I read some 'fact' (or rather my mrs read it on her pad a couple of weeks ago) all the egg boxes will have mandatory stickers blocking out the term 'free range' because they have to be locked up due to avian flue .No sign of these mandatory stickers and i eat four poached eggs for breakfast every day and i buy 45 a week so i wouldnt believe anything you read in the press ,more like its a rumour put about to give the excuse to raise prices as most farmers do every year without fail whether its late / early frost ,to much /little rain or some other crap to frighten the gullible to panic buy last years crops at a higher price before they are past their best and fit only for landfill 🤣

What would commerce be like if the gullibles like clod stopped believing the press and looked at reality instead😂

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

What would commerce be like if the gullibles like clod stopped believing the press and looked at reality instead😂

I’ve just worked it out, been puzzling me since his claims on pasta, my grandchildren eat it like they are centurions on a route march, certainly hasn’t gone up since stupid people were stockpiling it.

He goes into a shop to buy a few things, shopkeeper recognising him quickly adds money onto each item, when clod questions paying £5 for a £1 pack of spaghetti, shopkeeper says “Brexit mate, everything is going up daily” Clod rants and dribbles on a bit, shopkeeper just nods.

Clod comes out of shop with a smile on his face eager to post on here.

Shopkeeper also smiles as he puts the extra cash in his pocket shouts “come back in again mate, always a pleasure to see you”. Clod has a good day because he has another friend! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

9 hours ago, Ken L said:

I'm not sure what's funnier...

The arse about face economics of that opening paragraph, or you clucking like a headless chicken at the statement that food and "drink prices have risen by 8.9 percent when compared with 2015".

8.9% in 7 years is nothing.

You mean like highest taxes in 70 years 😂 even though they have been imposed in the last coupe of years !!! 

So Ken while a member of the Eu we had stable food prices what so we have now ,!!!!! ask a fishermen whet he thinks he thinks of brexit he will have throw  you in the harbour instantly , why is that I wonder .!!!!!!! Is the bulkshit the Brexiteers promised of course it is

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Round and round and round

Its a world wide phenomenen nothing to do with brexit ,heres the hell hole your in at the moment

https://www.thelocal.es/20220114/the-food-and-drink-that-are-more-expensive-than-ever-in-spain/

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 hours ago, chesters1 said:

No it was the ignorant brits i promise you

How are they going to stop chickens laying causing these shortages? Sticking corks up their cloacas? .I read some 'fact' (or rather my mrs read it on her pad a couple of weeks ago) all the egg boxes will have mandatory stickers blocking out the term 'free range' because they have to be locked up due to avian flue .No sign of these mandatory stickers and i eat four poached eggs for breakfast every day and i buy 45 a week so i wouldnt believe anything you read in the press ,more like its a rumour put about to give the excuse to raise prices as most farmers do every year without fail whether its late / early frost ,to much /little rain or some other crap to frighten the gullible to panic buy last years crops at a higher price before they are past their best and fit only for landfill 🤣

I tell what chestnut you are in some strange world you buy45 eggs a week !!!!!! I make sure 100 mining lads get fed daily .!!!!! We buy eggs by the box not the hooking dozen !!!! Eggs chicken everything is rocking daily the price fluctuates but all going one way up up up and up .

Egg prices skyrocket 52% in TWO MONTHS

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Stop believing headlines fool! How is brexit effecting america?

https://foodinstitute.com/focus/zeroing-in-on-rising-egg-prices/

Edited by chesters1

4 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Stop believing headlines fool!

Headlines are you stupid we buy eggs by the boxes  of dozens !!!!!!!!  ?????? We go through 150-200 eggs a day .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/j9dm/mm23

Wheres this up up up ,compared to the past prices are low low low

Change supplier stop getting yourself ripped off with stupidity

You never answered how brexit effected american prices

https://foodinstitute.com/focus/zeroing-in-on-rising-egg-prices/

Edited by chesters1

12 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Thats ****s 100% incorrect 

You may have noticed things are more expensive lately. And by “you may have noticed,” I mean you’ve definitely noticed, because they are, thanks to inflation. Plus, everyone’s talking about it, thanks to stress. From groceries to gas, prices are up on a multitude of items — including one particular consumer staple: eggs.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg