Fuel prices...

Whitty

Well,diesel £1.99 a litre,petrol £1.91,why,apparently the price has come down per barrel yet prices haven't gone down at the pump,yet the cheeky beggars put the price up daily and we all know that the tanks in the filling stations weren't empty,so they were making stacks,our government haven't reduced fuel duty to help leaving everybody paying twice as much for everything,it will soon come that thousands of people will have to give up their jobs as they can't afford to commute and pay their rents,mortgages,loans,gas,electric,council tax and food bills,when are people going to realise that not everyone can get employment that pays £50,000 plus per annum,I'm glad I'm out of it,I pity those that have to think in such a way....

Edited by Whitty

Haven't you figured out that they don't want you to own and run a private car, or fly abroad for your holidays?

How else are they going to achieve "Net zero by 2050"?

Everything, including the Russian invasion of Ukraine is planned to achieve the goals of the Davos set.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Putin - I've all these Army & Air force Lads sat on their arses playing table tennis & pool, I know - lets make them earn their money & invade Ukraine!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

My son says they were the normal prices in betty hills 🤭the !ocals were enraged at £1.50 odd ten years ago

The local garage here closed when prices went over 99p a litre and he had been charging that for a decade .His pumps only went up to 99p so when it reached that in reality he would have had to change the pumps ,the only time i said "fi!! her up" was on the honda 90 when i ran out, even the fiddling hogs back garage with the risk of card skimming was cheaper than that🤫

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...

And our energy prices are much higher due to the weak pound . And till we get growth in our economy which now looks years away with masses of Labour shortages in our economy , high energy bills will continue. Britain is now in a very dark place for a lot of people .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Reminds me of the 70's ,i really liked the 70's ,got married ,had kids ,made lots of money THEN we joined the EU🤔

Now i am retired even 3 day weeks wont bother me ,bring it on

PS the £  has nothing to do with high fuel prices, fuel duty is the problem .No government will stop using a tax that increases as the base price does . Fuel duty was introduced in 1903 if it wasnt cost efficiant or it stopped MPs / governments being elected then it would have been abolished decades ago . Blockade dover if you have a fishing boat  and block refineries if you have a car ,all the time you except it it will remain ,if i were the government i would tax aviation fuel at the same rate ,more money and you could use that tax to pay more foreigners hotel bills.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

7 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Reminds me of the 70's ,i really liked the 70's ,got married ,had kids ,made lots of money THEN we joined the EU🤔

Now i am retired even 3 day weeks wont bother me ,bring it on

PS the £  has nothing to do with high fuel prices, fuel duty is the problem .No government will stop using a tax that increases as the base price does . Fuel duty was introduced in 1903 if it wasnt cost efficiant or it stopped MPs / governments being elected then it would have been abolished decades ago . Blockade dover if you have a fishing boat  and block refineries if you have a car ,all the time you except it it will remain ,if i were the government i would tax aviation fuel at the same rate ,more money and you could use that tax to pay more foreigners hotel bills.

The pound has nothing to do with fuel prices really !!!!

Another problem is that the oil used to make petrol is paid for in US dollars. The pound has been weak against the dollar, making fuel even more expensive

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52188448

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The oil price per litre is irrevelent ,the fuel duty is c53p plus 20% vat ,remove that and thats the cost of production ,refining ,distribution and the sellers costs .Our prices are higher because of the taxes paid on it being higher than some countries .

Then theres location my son was paying these present prices 5 years ago at the top of scotland . several countries in europe charge more for petrol. Its all pre determined the governments of the world have been bribed to go green ,the best way to achieve this is pain! In 7 years time you will be worrying when your electric car is going to catch fire and cursing the government of the day when your smart meter tells your car charger to charge at the highest price it can and the utilities forced to hand over that income to the government,you can be assured no government will lose a penny losing the fuel taxation of petrol and diesel

Smart meters have two way communication as do chargers there will be penalties to pay i can assure you

Edited by chesters1

On 7/24/2022 at 8:49 PM, chesters1 said:

The oil price per litre is irrevelent ,the fuel duty is c53p plus 20% vat ,remove that and thats the cost of production ,refining ,distribution and the sellers costs .Our prices are higher because of the taxes paid on it being higher than some countries .

Then theres location my son was paying these present prices 5 years ago at the top of scotland . several countries in europe charge more for petrol. Its all pre determined the governments of the world have been bribed to go green ,the best way to achieve this is pain! In 7 years time you will be worrying when your electric car is going to catch fire and cursing the government of the day when your smart meter tells your car charger to charge at the highest price it can and the utilities forced to hand over that income to the government,you can be assured no government will lose a penny losing the fuel taxation of petrol and diesel

Smart meters have two way communication as do chargers there will be penalties to pay i can assure you

It’s very simple and harkens back to the days of economy 7 and the things they transitioned into, basically off peak electric.

Smart meters will make electric cars cheaper to charge overnight using off peak electric, it makes sense because otherwise a high proportion of energy is wasted, better to sell it cheap than lose it. But there is the problem, as soon as the number of electric cars increases and more people are charging them overnight at off peak rates the demand increases and before long there is no such thing as low demand, electric will no longer be cheap because there is no demand quite simply because there is demand. Renewable energy will not keep pace with the extra demand from battery charging at night (no solar) and so the problem escalates, we will probably see a new design of petrol or diesel powered power stations because the demand for those will fall.

Plenty of ways to remove carbon pollution from the atmosphere, problem is getting people to pay for it.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Diesel powered power stations really? Can't see it, the only way to satisfy demand is good old nuclear..in fact the SNRs, small nuclear reactors are now being rolled out, cheaper than the old big reactors. 

Economy 7 ..I was in the Electrical supply business and this tariff was mainly for heating storage heaters, God help us if anything defined the 70s and 80s it was those useless things, cold when you needed them and hot when you didn't . 7p per kw hour as opposed to 10p trouble is folk don't understand what a unit of electricity, or more so a thermal unit of gas. And as for water who does? 

Back to fuel there has to be a cut in duty, but I fear for those who genuinely are going to suffer.

Mind you as a kid I used to wake up on cold winter days with ice on the inside of my bedroom window, and we were as fit as butchers dogs!