Dyslexia

Vagabond

Have to say I am a pretty good speller myself. AND it does wind me up about others spelling, but that is it!! I would never (Again pull anyone about it!) But there is a spell checker available for my browser (Firefox) and I use it myself as I type too fast and make mistakes!

But GRAMMAR!! And PUNCTUATION?? I am CRAP at!

Hiya, DITTO Chris....:)

One of my fav subjects at school was English Grammer, and composition...., I loved it !! I won numerous prizes for it... strange, but true... :P :P Now, after blowing my own trumpet.....onto the gist of this thread....

I hate bad grammer, and punctuation in the written word.....BUT, would NEVER chastise anyone else for not dotting the I's, and crossing the T's!!!.....there are many, many reasons for errors in a persons postings, and who am I to correct them ??...in fact, as far as I'm concerned, well done to them for taking the time to post in the first place..... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But GRAMMAR!! And PUNCTUATION?? I am CRAP at!

Indeed you am. Absodamnlutely.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

my spelling is rubbish my grammar worse (at least theres a spellchecker)

i had extra lessons at primary school mainly because i answered a question wrong (i remember it well it was "naval" as in sailors ) worst though is my handwriting its all over the place so i tend to use capitols in notes to myself or print letters.

a handwriting investigator (whatever they call themselves) could read a lot into my hand writing ,from mass murderer to the pope :D

i can use capitals and i know i dont ,thats lazyness not ignorence far better to type with one finger than two i have enough excercise rolling my own fags thank you ,most of it though is speed related and fat fingers on small keyboards.

i did learn to type once but one version at night school (whatever it was called) and another at work ,one had the keyboard in veiw the other (willy shiedecker (sp?) method) hidden between the two i never got the second hand going ,no big deal most newspaper hacks only use one finger to write their rubbish so I'm not alone ;)

i do though generally get my "E" and "i" incorrect in words even when i use the rhyme :rolleyes:

it does annoy me though that if someone upsets someone else the only thing that's mentioned in the response is the letters and words themselves rather than their meaning or intended meaning ,pretty poor way of replying ! a sign of a losing argument or no argument that can counter it only the need to get one over on the "offender"!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm in much the same boat, although reasonably intelligent (at least I think) I've always struggled with handwriting and spelling. At school teachers always told me the bad handwriting was simply down to being left handed, but as my dad and brother both suffer from the same problem and are right handed I'm not sure I believe them :)

OTOH Theres no need for laziness, and spell checkers are quick and easy to use nowadays. The spelling plug-in for firefox is an absolute godsend for the spelling challenged who like posting on forums a lot. I'm not going to admit how many times it's corrected me just in this small post!!!!

to get it, select add-ons from the tools menu in firefox and browse all add-ons, there are packs there for most languages!

Mat

Mat

far better to type with one finger than two i have enough excercise rolling my own fags thank you

:lol::lol:

and part of the "five veg a day" the diet police prescribe.

eg Hamburger plus five veggies

1 Onion rings

2 Chips

3 Tomato ketchup

4 Cup of tea

5 Fag

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I'm in much the same boat, although reasonably intelligent (at least I think) I've always struggled with handwriting and spelling. At school teachers always told me the bad handwriting was simply down to being left handed, but as my dad and brother both suffer from the same problem and are right handed I'm not sure I believe them :)

A quick question Matt, does your, or indeed Dad's or Brother's handwriting improve a few minutes after taking a moderate amount of alcohol?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

my spelling is rubbish my grammar worse (at least theres a spellchecker)

i had extra lessons at primary school mainly because i answered a question wrong (i remember it well it was "naval" as in sailors ) worst though is my handwriting its all over the place so i tend to use capitols in notes to myself or print letters.

a handwriting investigator (whatever they call themselves) could read a lot into my hand writing ,from mass murderer to the pope :D

i can use capitals and i know i dont ,thats lazyness not ignorence far better to type with one finger than two i have enough excercise rolling my own fags thank you ,most of it though is speed related and fat fingers on small keyboards.

i did learn to type once but one version at night school (whatever it was called) and another at work ,one had the keyboard in veiw the other (willy shiedecker (sp?) method) hidden between the two i never got the second hand going ,no big deal most newspaper hacks only use one finger to write their rubbish so I'm not alone ;)

i do though generally get my "E" and "i" incorrect in words even when i use the rhyme :rolleyes:

it does annoy me though that if someone upsets someone else the only thing that's mentioned in the response is the letters and words themselves rather than their meaning or intended meaning ,pretty poor way of replying ! a sign of a losing argument or no argument that can counter it only the need to get one over on the "offender"!

Dave, I am intoxicated by the exhuberance of your verbocity !!!! :P :P :P :P

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Tut tut, you missed a 't ' out . :D

Didn't mean it, who cares as long as the messege gets across.

Oh yeah

That was more a slip of the finger i think. Even i can spell the.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

I never try to correct anyone as we can all make mistakes.

I use a spelling game with my grandson and I fear he will be correcting me shortly, bless his cotton socks:lol:

Since my op I have gone sadly down hill with my spelling, I some times write hear when it should be here and spell checks will not pick that kind of mistake up.

I now use winword a lot more with copy and paste.

This post is as it comes complete with any errors that i may have made :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist