Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

I'm imagining us all in the bunker (clubhouse) smartly dressed in military uniform (Budgie should be able to help us out there) with neatly trimmed taches and eyes narrow with determination, standing over a big table with a map of the lake on it, moving little model bream about with long sticks, out of our minds on muddy coffee and bully beef pot noodles, while an army radio crackles in the background, bringing in results from the field and orders from Field Marshall Burke, safely tucked away in his bream-shelter :D

I'll cry when I'm done catchin'.

More like Dad's Army.

Steve Mannering in charge, Budgie Wilson the sarge', Rich Jones the corp', you could play Pike (more chance of catching one :rolleyes: ), and if you get Andy to come down, he could sit in the corner saying, "Yer aaall doooomed". :D

John.

PS. On second thoughts it would have to be Budgie Mannering, then he could say the immortal line,

"Don't tell him ESOX". :rolleyes:

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing really wrong with the lake other than its got carp (and small ones at that!) in it Si!

No sorry Si after all these years it just doesnt apeal, give me some eeling instead!!!

go for the eels mate :D 2 years ago had one out at 5lb 08oz but on a fishmeal round thing .

as for bunking up in the club house ill say no more ;)

ps dont need dr capper just find out what comes out of terrys rear end knocked me out for 4 hours last time :lol::lol::lol:

catch ya later glyn

Assuming I'm oversubscribed again this year I'll be letting some lucky Coarse Lake/Forum members loose on the Carp Lake to join Elton and Si. They get an automatic place for hosting and running the Wingham web site. We've been very unlucky on the Carp Lake on Fish-Ins as 3 out of every 8 carp that came out last year were 30lbs+.

The only worry I've got is what on earth that Capper bloke will pull out of the Carp Lake?

Anyone care to run a book?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Assuming I'm oversubscribed again this year I'll be letting some lucky Coarse Lake/Forum members loose on the Carp Lake to join Elton and Si. They get an automatic place for hosting and running the Wingham web site. We've been very unlucky on the Carp Lake on Fish-Ins as 3 out of every 8 carp that came out last year were 30lbs+.

The only worry I've got is what on earth that Capper bloke will pull out of the Carp Lake?

Anyone care to run a book?

Well, I happen to know that he now has rods able to handle anything that swims, so there's no way I'd bet against him!

I'll make sure my camera batteries are fully charged :D He's not a bad angler is Dr Capper!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Steve - I know what I said earlier as I give up my place but if there only a slight chance of a place going if it not over subscribe - then I wouldn't mind having a fair crack of the carp lake! :D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

3 night syndicate members wiil probably get the chance to fish the Carp Lake. Priority will go to those who didn't fish it last year, so you've got a good chance of getting on the Carp Lake.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

4 night syndicate members wiil probably get the chance to fish the Carp Lake. Priority will go to those who didn't fish it last year, so you've got a good chance of getting on the Carp Lake.

*severs Richard's brake cable*

:D

I had a crack last year so if I can't fish I'll come along anyway to help out and enjoy the social side (beer and burgers!). And spend another 3 days photographing fish for Richard again :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 3 weeks later...