Will Teresa may resign

big_cod

In my mind, the only positive to come out of this election is, the state of the SNP. The vote should show them that an independent Scotland is now pretty much dead in the water.

As for the rest, well, those that voted Labour will have themselves to blame when the fantasy makes way for reality. It continued this morning with McDonnell saying that Labour could form a minority Government, without any deals, because no MP would dare vote against their policies, because they are so popular!

Brexit is screwed, (which should bring a broad smile to some faces on here as well as on mainland Europe), we might as well just ask the EU to write down their list of demands so we will know exactly what we are going to get. The so called 'soft option' will, I believe, be the 'hardest' option in the long run.

I can see a possible light at the end of the tunnel, in that there could be a second general election within 12 months. This will be after the Brexit negotiations have started, if they go as I think they will, then the result of that election could well be very different.

On a happier note, I will be nice to see how Nick Clegg gets on when he enters Strictly Come Dancing.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Bitter disappointment for me this morning, woke up to the headline "Hung Parliment" and desperately searched the net in vain for video or pictures of 650 twitching bodies suspended by rope in the Tower of London.

There are winners and losers they are all saying, damn right there, 650 people plus huge entourage with a guaranteed income over the next few years, back handers, expences and gigantic pension are the winners.

The rest of us paying for it are always the losers.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

The good news for me was that May and the Tories are not going to get a blank cheque for the next five years. Checks and balances. :clap3:

With regard to brexit, I think the UK was in for a screwing whatever happened. I don't think that this result will have much to so with that.

It is not UK V EU it is UK V 27 other countries, all of whom have their own agendas and requirements and all of whom will demand their own way.

I genuinely wish the UK a successful Brexit, I would be stupid not to as the majority of my income derives from my UK business. I do fear, however, that some of the predictions made prior to the referendum, that were written off as scaremongering, may yet prove to have been good advice.

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Bitter disappointment for me this morning, woke up to the headline "Hung Parliment" and desperately searched the net in vain for video or pictures of 650 twitching bodies suspended by rope in the Tower of London.

There are winners and losers they are all saying, damn right there, 650 people plus huge entourage with a guaranteed income over the next few years, back handers, expences and gigantic pension are the winners.

The rest of us paying for it are always the losers.

That's what the sill moo gets for calling an unsectarian election, innit. If she had any integrity she would have done a Cameron instead she goes off and does a shady deal with the DUP.

Methinks you can kiss bye-bye to any kind of "Hard Brexit" now. At the first suggestion of a customs or immigration checkpoint in the port of Stranraer or on any of the border crossings they will drop her like a hot potato.

I stayed up all night watching the results come in, I'm paying for it now but it was worth it to see Maggie Mae's face at the Maidenhead count. Talk about a face like fizz, she looked like a bulldog licking urine off a nettle.

Do you reckon she'll last until Christmas?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

That's what the sill moo gets for calling an unsectarian election, innit. If she had any integrity she would have done a Cameron instead she goes off and does a shady deal with the UDP.

Methinks you can kiss bye-bye to any kind of "Hard Brexit" now. At the first suggestion of a customs or immigration checkpoint in the port of Stranraer or on any of the border crossings they will drop her like a hot potato.

I stayed up all night watching the results come in, I'm paying for it now but it was worth it to see Maggie Mae's face at the Maidenhead count. Talk about a face like fizz, she looked like a bulldog licking urine off a nettle.

Do you reckon she'll last until Christmas?

I was going to watch, usually do, watched all the US debates because the media rarely reports on them without bias. But it was obvious when the results were in from up norf and the queues were reported in University Towns.

The difficulty will be over the border, we don't want it neither do Eire but the EU might impose it to **** everybody off! Problem is the UK is by far Ireland's biggest customer and won't want tariffs either way.

Same old, same old, this loaf or this loaf.

As for 'over by Christmas' the only thing I will guarantee to be over by Christmas is 2017.

On a side note had to smile at those poor working class youth at Cambridge University singing the Red Flag.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Maggie Mae triggered Article 50 on the 29th of March. She has squandered two months of the 48 months time until we leave on political infighting and then out of hubris calls an unnecessary General Election,. Despite this some still think she is fit to run the country.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

All,

My take. The EU - like it or not is like Los Angeles. "How ya gonna keep em' down on the farm after they've seen LA". Words to a popular song after WWII. Ms. May has recognized in the British population a backslide for the popularity of BREXIT. I have no doubt she fully well knew the likely outcome. She can't get or keep her own political house in order much less laboUr. In order to come out of BREXIT in the best possible condition for the UK she (or whoever) must have a sense of togetherness. You currently look like jerks on the world stage.

Remember, BREXIT is just the beginning. Without the EU the UK now has to negotiate something in the neighborhood of 200 individual treaties with the nations of the world. Ben Franklin on our deal with England said, "We better hang together for surly we will hang separately." Does that ring a bell? Your bickering a wonderful trait in most circumstances, now gives the illusion Brits don't have a clue.

Phone

All,

My take. The EU - like it or not is like Los Angeles. "How ya gonna keep em' down on the farm after they've seen LA". Words to a popular song after WWII. Ms. May has recognized in the British population a backslide for the popularity of BREXIT. I have no doubt she fully well knew the likely outcome. She can't get or keep her own political house in order much less laboUr. In order to come out of BREXIT in the best possible condition for the UK she (or whoever) must have a sense of togetherness. You currently look like jerks on the world stage.

Remember, BREXIT is just the beginning. Without the EU the UK now has to negotiate something in the neighborhood of 200 individual treaties with the nations of the world. Ben Franklin on our deal with England said, "We better hang together for surly we will hang separately." Does that ring a bell? Your bickering a wonderful trait in most circumstances, now gives the illusion Brits don't have a clue.

Phone

It's not an illusion.

Its pretty hard digging out of a grave with 27 dead bodies on top of you

Wheres Cod i thought he would be on a high today ? Not in the bog with the swingometer porking by chance ,he may catch something lol

Or perhaps 13 miles out unscrewing the sea cocks with a tear in his eye? Nearer my god than thee as the gunnels broach and lots of other salty sailer words etc

Swim cod swim ,corbyn didnt win but nor did may theres time yet come back you know it makes sense coooood OH there he is shaking his fist at scallopers! phew whitby is still true blue your fine

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson