Travian

corydoras

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say there's a lot to be gained from joining a server right at the beginning, it's rekindled my interest in what is a very good game, On the last server I seemed to be putting in an awful lot of time for not much return.

One thing just happened to me that never happened before, I've received a free soldier from a nearby player who obviously fancies me and wants to get on my good side, as he's obviously a soft touch he'll be the first to go come the revolution, I'll use his own soldier to lead the charge :)

I have to say there's a lot to be gained from joining a server right at the beginning, it's rekindled my interest in what is a very good game, On the last server I seemed to be putting in an awful lot of time for not much return.

One thing just happened to me that never happened before, I've received a free soldier from a nearby player who obviously fancies me and wants to get on my good side, as he's obviously a soft touch he'll be the first to go come the revolution, I'll use his own soldier to lead the charge :)

Whereabouts are you Jeepster (NE, SW, etc) ? I'll set another one up on that server too

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

He he he, class, i think ill be teutons this time and make war on everyone (yourself excluded of course)

Ian

I'm Gaul as before, name of jeepster, village called wharfedale, come on, dive in! I've decided to be a lot more aggressive this time, an aggressive gaul, whatever next :)

Got mine up and running now, village name of Saw. I keep getting attacked by some aholes near me, vengeance will be mine though :D

Ian

*************NEWS JUST IN********************

M-M-A alliance hope to break into the top 100 alliance rankings.

Thanks to all our members , you know who you are!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

How are things over your way cory??

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

How are things over your way cory??

Yes, how ARE things your way Cory ?

Haven't seen you comment for a while - is it that like me, you are getting a bit bored with Travian (the thinking man's megalomania)?

I have now passed Mr M's population with a combined total for my two villages of 474

Population alone is not the best indication of strength though. I control 506 troops (and more are being built as I type) The Teutonic style is to have more troops than population.

However, what lies ahead ? My alliance leaders are clamouring for help in building something called a WW. That doesn't excite me at all. I joined for a bit of fun in popping off someone else's troops, and winding them up when they sent abusive notes. Fostering other people's ambitions simply does not appeal.

I think I will concentrate on clearing an oasis for my village (have enough troops already, but the casualty rate might be high, so I'll build a few more Teutonic Knights and have a pop at the oasis tomorrow). I do expect to succeed.

Then I will gracefully bow out on a high - distribute largesse to those who helped me, turn the oasis into the village's Botanical Gardens (I wonder if the village will put up a statue of me?) and get back to fishing.

It has been an interesting exercise, but enough is enough. Other things to do.

Something Cory and I might debate some time is how both of us have succeeded, but using completely different approaches. I wonder, if we had been in the same team, would these different strategies have proved synergistic - or the opposite ?

Will let you know about the oasis - its full of wild boar, wolf, bear and tiger. Will make a change from mowing down Gauls!

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Well, I've done it. Won a two-resource oasis. Wood production soared, wheat production went through the roof !

Conquering the oasis was the most interesting part of the game so far. Trouble IS, that if I want to do it again, the hero's mansion will need jacking up a a further expensive five layers first, and I can't face all that repetitive button pushing......

So I am retiring, as I hoped, on a high.

Will distribute troops and resources and just leave the rat in charge of the main village :)

Will follow the adventures of the rest of you with interest

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...