Travian

corydoras

Well, I've done it. Won a two-resource oasis. Wood production soared, wheat production went through the roof !

Conquering the oasis was the most interesting part of the game so far. Trouble IS, that if I want to do it again, the hero's mansion will need jacking up a a further expensive five layers first, and I can't face all that repetitive button pushing......

Having read "Angling Vagabond", would I guess correctly that the influence of a certain Colonel contributes to the appeal of this kind of game? ;)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read "Angling Vagabond", would I guess correctly that the influence of a certain Colonel contributes to the appeal of this kind of game? ;)

Well, you could be right. I don't know if my Colonel saw much action - he never spoke of any that he had been in, but talking through the large-scale troop movements of a particular battle was something he did a lot.

I can envisage him as a Staff Officer, as organisation was certainly his forte. Judging from the number of trophies he had shot and the huge collection of primitive weaponry he had amassed, he must have had a lot of spare time - typical of Staff Officer duties one might think.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Update from Commander Cory

I had a bit of a setback proir to last weekend. One of my nice neighbours decided I needed a bit of a catapulting.

Wheat Field lowered from level 9 to level 4

Granary has been destroyed

Main Building lowered from level 10 to level 6

Main Building has been destroyed

It has taken a bit of time to recover from that lot, indeed I am still not shipping excess resources from my first village tyo my second because I don't really have any excess resources.

My 2nd Village has a Palace at L9 so hopefully if all goes well Cory should be on his way to his 3rd Village by the weekend.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

First new settler is on the way folks.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory, out of interest, how many troops does your population of 704 support?

RNLI Governor

Cory, out of interest, how many troops does your population of 704 support?
3 scouts and a settler. I also have about 26 legionnaires being held prisoner by an uncooperative Gaul.

Ah, there you have it.

I had over 500 troops when my population was still about 470.

It seems that both extremes work - you can either conserve resources by digging crannies and not having troops, or else put all your resources into troops and rely on what they plunder. Its amazing how much resource 500 constantly raiding troops can generate, but it IS time consuming.

If your resources are nearly all military, and thus mobile, in the event of an attack the troops can dodge.

I suspect anyone trying to operate both systems would come unstuck.

RNLI Governor

Ah, there you have it.

I had over 500 troops when my population was still about 470.

It seems that both extremes work - you can either conserve resources by digging crannies and not having troops, or else put all your resources into troops and rely on what they plunder. Its amazing how much resource 500 constantly raiding troops can generate, but it IS time consuming.

If your resources are nearly all military, and thus mobile, in the event of an attack the troops can dodge.

I suspect anyone trying to operate both systems would come unstuck.

I intend to have plenty of troops. When I can send out thousands of legionnaires backed up by scores of catapults I might recruit you as a military consultant. I started off in a bad position on the map,a sourrounded by big boys with hundreds of troops at their disposal.

Well , thanks to snotty nosed so and so that i had a run-in with a couple of weeks ago , she has gone crying to her leader (alliance A~H) and i've been systematically bombarded by the alliance.

Sent............ by A~H

500+ troops

15 battering rams

5 fireball catapults

Damage caused to me....

3 wheat fields brought down from level 8 to 0

city wall brought down level 14 to 0

3 crannys levelled out to zero

Oh , i forgot to say , Mr M aka Brust on the game hasn't let up with the snide comments and remarks to the said perpertrator.

I do like the game.

Winding them up very much , all good fun!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I might recruit you as a military consultant.

Basically the reason I gave up.

As soon as I shot up the alliance rankings to 9th, I was being asked to solve the leaders' problems rather than my own. They had dug themselves a hole - trying to build a WW before establishing a big enough power base.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor