Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

Just when and where did divulge my beliefs or non-beliefs? I did not, and yet you seek to belittle me as if I am a moron without any understanding of how we as humans originated. and that I am so gullible that I would accept 'beliefs' which contradict common sense.

Sorry to disappoint you Corydoras you will have to lock on to someone else :rolleyes:

Then don't insult me by describing me as being 'godless'.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then don't insult me by describing me as being 'godless'.

Now you are really confusing me, so are you saying that you do believe in God? :headhurt:

Now you are really confusing me, so are you saying that you do believe in God? :headhurt:
I don't, but I and many other atheists object to the label 'godless' It's an ad hominem attack at best and a form of political smear at its worse.

For what its worth I often find your posts baffling Rabbit, that is part of the reason we have clashes like this. I suspect that often they would be unnecessary if you were not so ambiguous with your beliefs. If your not a Christian, why the Christian apologetics?

Of course you should understand that this would provoke a complaint from believers just as you posting this on here would evoke a feeing that you Ken should be the chosen one to poke fun at the Christians.

How they all line up to support your words Ken, the same ones, always the same ones, and yet we seldom hear a anyone challenge these Godless souls.

Perhaps it is because the Christians have the true belief and are content that they should go about their lives without the need to post such?

After all they would be accused of preaching I suppose.

I'm not out to 'poke fun' at anyone's beliefs, but I sure would like them to provide some evidence to support their belief, especially when their belief flies in the face of what we know to be true.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory, With the greatest respect, have you got me mixed up with someone else??

Evolution is a core part of MY belief! I spent a large part of my life as an analytical chemist, which is why evolution is so important, as if I used the Bible literally (instead of interpreting it logically) it would have been incompatable with my line of work!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Emma 2 - I am saying TECHNOLOGICALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Perhaps that is what you meant, however you said nothing of the kind, you classified the Inuit,( and others) as 'lowly'. Now given that the context of the discussion was religion/spirituality it is reasonable to assume that you mean those people are 'lowly' so far as thier interpretation of spirit goes. What has technology got to do with it?

Pre-agrarian people often occupied complex societies, with their attendant, sophisticated spiritual beliefs and practices. Significantly lots of which as fully understood to be 'symbolic' and were ways of working with the human psyche for practical purposes. For example Shamanic 'other worlds, are recognisable as our different levels of conciousness. Freud's 'id, ego and superego' and resultant psychoanalysis theory reflect parallels which would have been readily recognisable to much earlier cultures.

Perhaps the christian bible would be more useful, and less harmful, if it contained a preface warning against a literal interpretion?

If christians conducted their practices privately, 'in-cult' , then for many of us their existance would be of no more concern than then any other harmless group, and would so be tolerated no matter how 'whacky' their dogma appears. However they have and continue to impact upon the lives of the rest of us with a negativity which outweighs any good. The latest monsters being the christian religious right who subscribe to 'end time/rapture' idiology and who alarmingly may gain political power.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Cory, With the greatest respect, have you got me mixed up with someone else??

Evolution is a core part of MY belief! I spent a large part of my life as an analytical chemist, which is why evolution is so important, as if I used the Bible literally (instead of interpreting it logically) it would have been incompatable with my line of work!

So what is all this about then?

Non, most definitely Non. I cannot disprove it neither can you prove it, so either position is just as valid as the other. Darwinism (evolution) appears to be a flawed ideology which falls into the category of the first line of your post above, and is attracting a growing band of doubters from within the scientific community, interesting therefore that you choose to use Darwin to bolster your atheistic argument.

Now you sound like you want tp have your cake and eat it.

Do you accept shared descent yes or no? You cannot say you accept evolution, but reject shared descent.

I don't, but I and many other atheists object to the label 'godless' It's an ad hominem attack at best and a form of political smear at its worse.

Now that's confusing, think you have taken the Godless remark way out of context.

For what its worth I often find your posts baffling Rabbit, that is part of the reason we have clashes like this. I suspect that often they would be unnecessary if you were not so ambiguous with your beliefs. If your not a Christian, why the Christian apologetics?

No apologies, just respect for others beliefs.

I'm not out to 'poke fun' at anyone's beliefs, but I sure would like them to provide some evidence to support their belief, especially when their belief flies in the face of what we know to be true.

Evidence? Think you might have a long wait there, or you could just look around you :huh:

Cory, That wasn't ME!!!! check the name, I am kleinboet - not snotty!!!

Jemma, What is it with you??? I make any comment and you jump on it!! You asked me a question and I answered it!! Lowly? - YES, together with the indigenous africans that live in a kraal, shunning the western way of life or any of the others that prefer a natural way of life in place of "western civilisation"

But would you be able to talk to them at YOUR technological level!!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Hmmm. Perhaps it would help if everybody calmed down a tad. It's one thing to challenge someones belief system and present an alternate world view, it's quite another to attack them as an individual - and I think we're getting rather close to that now.

Has anyone actually seen one of these busses yet ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Cory, That wasn't ME!!!! check the name, I am kleinboet - not snotty!!!

Jemma, What is it with you??? I make any comment and you jump on it!! You asked me a question and I answered it!! Lowly? - YES, together with the indigenous africans that live in a kraal, shunning the western way of life or any of the others that prefer a natural way of life in place of "western civilisation"

But would you be able to talk to them at YOUR technological level!!!

Consider why you provoke such responses. That you consider those who chose to live in a different way to you,as 'lowly', I find appaling. What an obnoxious attitude to hold towards those who choose not to live their lives to your ideas.

I have no idea what you mean in your last line..do you?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"