Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

Non, most definitely Non. I cannot disprove it neither can you prove it, so either position is just as valid as the other. Darwinism (evolution) appears to be a flawed ideology which falls into the category of the first line of your post above, and is attracting a growing band of doubters from within the scientific community, interesting therefore that you choose to use Darwin to bolster your atheistic argument.

It is simply not true that there is any significant doubt about the fact of evolution amongst the scientific comunity. This is simply a repatition of baseless creationist propaganda from America. Who are these scientists ? Which academic institutions do they work in and can you quote papers that they have written expressing their doubts ?

Evolution is suported by tens of thousands of facts. there are fossils that show clear evolutionary change over timescales that can be independently verified using dating methods from sedement deposition and dendrochrinology to radio isotopic dating of rocks. The physical changes in aninals and plants over evolutionary time are exactly matched by observed differences in their genetic structure. All of the results are consistant and interlocking. It is possible to demonstrate that complex and apparently "designed" structures such as the eye can be achieved through incremental evolutionary change and almost all of the steps along the way can be found in still living creatures of varying levels of complexity.

There are museum basements and display hall thoughout the world that all tell the same story and the total number of exceptions is zero.

The creationist idea is not supported by any facts at all. Not one. Just a bunch of texts that have been through dozens of verval re-tellings, copyings and translations since their stone age origins and their subsequent interpretation in order to perpetuate a myth.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darwinism (evolution) appears to be a flawed ideology which falls into the category of the first line of your post above, and is attracting a growing band of doubters from within the scientific community, interesting therefore that you choose to use Darwin to bolster your atheistic argument.

I need a plastic surgeon, quickly, I've got my eyebrows stuck round the back of my head.

Really, what alternative scientific theory are they favouring? Or is it the Intelligent Design muppets?

Edited by Steve Walker

The bottom of the page tells me everything I need to know.

Discovery Institute — Center for Science and Culture

208 Columbia St. — Seattle, WA 98104

206-292-0401 phone — 206-682-5320 fax

email: cscinfo@discovery.org Also: www.intelligentdesign.org

This is not a credable source of scientific opinion.

There is a little information about the author here.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It is simply not true that there is any significant doubt about the fact of evolution amongst the scientific comunity. This is simply a repatition of baseless creationist propaganda from America. Who are these scientists ? Which academic institutions do they work in and can you quote papers that they have written expressing their doubts ?

Evolution is suported by tens of thousands of facts. there are fossils that show clear evolutionary change over timescales that can be independently verified using dating methods from sedement deposition and dendrochrinology to radio isotopic dating of rocks. The physical changes in aninals and plants over evolutionary time are exactly matched by observed differences in their genetic structure. All of the results are consistant and interlocking. It is possible to demonstrate that complex and apparently "designed" structures such as the eye can be achieved through incremental evolutionary change and almost all of the steps along the way can be found in still living creatures of varying levels of complexity.

There are museum basements and display hall thoughout the world that all tell the same story and the total number of exceptions is zero.

The creationist idea is not supported by any facts at all. Not one. Just a bunch of texts that have been through dozens of verval re-tellings, copyings and translations since their stone age origins and their subsequent interpretation in order to perpetuate a myth.

Simply supplying a name and details, if you search a little you will see that the so called ''fact of evolution'' is merely a theory and to requote corydoras... just because something is popular doesn't make it true.

There are none so blind as those who will not see... perhaps we are all blind from time to time.

To quote Dave Allen.... Goodnight and may your God go with you.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

merely a theory

Snotty, you seem to think that the word "theory" implies that evolution is some sort of tentative proposal rather than a solid hypothesis supported by strong evidence and interlocking sets of data. Nothing could be further from the truth. To dismiss evolution is to dismiss the entire scienific method along with modern medicine, electronics, materials science and energy production because they all link together into a tapestry that describes how the world and the rest of the cosmos works.

Evolution is a fact. If you want to say otherwise, show me some evidence. There are no T-Rex fossils in the same rocks as the bones of people or mamoths or rhino's. If there were, I might consider ditching evolution and listning to some of the more metaphysical explainations of how we got here, but there arn't.

Failing that, here's a quick guide to some of the approaches that you could take to persuade me of your position:

Youtube Video ->

I said was that from the lowly eskimo

Why do you consider Inuit (Eskimo) people as 'lowly'? and do you mean 'lowly'/ inferior generally or just that their spiritual beliefs are 'low' ones?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

KenL and I have had our differences, but he's arguing this point much more eloquently than I ever could, and he's done his homework.

GO KEN!

I read and think I understand most points of view regarding beliefs and existence of a God, but I would seriously question the oft repeated statement that Mankind spends a large part of their lives searching (or whatever) for a faith.

I firmly believe ( :) ) that if no one had ever mentioned God or Mohammed or any other so called diety then the ordinary men and women of this world would live their lives quite happily without the "need" for any sort of religion.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic