Athiest bus campaign

Ken L

Jemma2 - There you go AGAIN!!!!!!

Do you not realise that this is a FORUM where people can exerceise their views WITHOUT VICTIMISATION!!! I know your views as an atheist and respect them, I don't go hammering after you to dot your i's and cross your t's. If I had to do it to explain something to a six year old, my post would be three times as long as they are! Please do not come back and argue about something I did not say (but assumed that intelligent people would know what I am talking about!)

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory, That wasn't ME!!!! check the name, I am kleinboet - not snotty!!!

Jemma, What is it with you??? I make any comment and you jump on it!! You asked me a question and I answered it!! Lowly? - YES, together with the indigenous africans that live in a kraal, shunning the western way of life or any of the others that prefer a natural way of life in place of "western civilisation"

But would you be able to talk to them at YOUR technological level!!!

:doh: I'm sorry KB I feel like a real klutz :2: Sure you can be a Christian and still accept evolution. I don't know how I managed to screw that up so badly. Had I been on the bottle or the weed I would understand, but I managed that unaided. Sorry KB, sorry everyone.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm not 'Jemma'

I'm not an 'atheist'

Yes the forum is a place where views are expressed, but expect others to use the space too, and challenge yours, it works both ways, responsibility for your actions an all that. If you don't like it, and consider yourelf a 'victim' when others don't agree with you then perhaps you might consider sticking to less controversial areas.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Can I suggest a bit of a cool off before people start getting hurt

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Cory, it happens to all of us - I wouldn't worry, I'll probably be the next!!!!!!!! :D:D:D)
I know KB we all make mistakes, but I feel such a clot. Thanks for being a good sport. Where is that Snotty? ;) Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm not 'Jemma'

I'm not an 'atheist'

Yes the forum is a place where views are expressed, but expect others to use the space too, and challenge yours, it works both ways, responsibility for your actions an all that. If you don't like it, and consider yourelf a 'victim' when others don't agree with you then perhaps you might consider sticking to less controversial areas.

And there was I searching high and low for a Jemma :D

However something far more important...I am viewing all posts as one liners, that happens sometimes and I have forgotten the fix...help please. :help:

My take on it is this:

I was bought up in the Church of England, went to Sunday school and church all though my childhood. In my teens started to question the whole thing, after all science seemed to be at odds with there being a God. I became an atheist but as I have got older I realise that there is still mystery in life and while Science can offer us may answers it cannot answer all questions. So now I would, at a push class myself an agnostic. I don’t know and don’t often think about it.

My problem with Religious groups is the way they say their way is the right way and try to push their ideas down the throats of others, something they have been doing for hundreds of years even killing people who don’t agree with their point of view.

To get back on topic it is perfectly alright for Religions to put up posters saying you should believe in God and it is alright for others to say actually you don’t have to if you don’t want to an put up posters saying that.

Tolerance is about accepting that others have views we don’t, it does not mean we have to accept them ourselves. It is not the same as Acceptance where we accept the views of others as right when previously we didn’t.. I don’t mind someone trying to get me to conform to their way of thinking in a mild way but there is a line where it becomes too aggressive and I don’t like it. So posters are ok but I would not like adverts on TV promoting any or no religion as I think that would cross the line.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

posters are ok but I would not like adverts on TV promoting any or no religion as I think that would cross the line.

I don't have any argument with that position but reading a web article from the Telegraph shows that the posters are having an effect. A humanist is about to provide Radio 4's "Thought for the day" for the first time ever as a direct result of the poster publicity and the whole issue of religious "public service" programming also appears to be being questioned for the first time.

Rabbit. /go to the top of the page. Just pelow the "New Topic" button, you will see "Options". Click "Options", "Display Modes", "Standard".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Rabbit. /go to the top of the page. Just pelow the "New Topic" button, you will see "Options". Click "Options", "Display Modes", "Standard".

Cheers Ken, I knew some good would come out of this thread :D