And some of you said Fishing was safe from attack!

Excalibur

In todays's Sun newspaper, PETA is trying to get Fish & Chips banned, as Cod and Haddock are intelligent, and feel pain, as they are dragged gasping for breath from the salty depths!

How many of you said let's distance ourselves from the Hunters, for we are safe and fireproof? I think not. The thin end of the wedge, it is

and nothing at all is safe.

In the words of Fraser ( John Laurie ) from Dad's Army " We're all doomed " :(:(

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think only a few of the ostriches, who's heads are deep in the sand, continue to believe that Angling is safe from attack, now that hunting with dogs has been banned.

This is one of the many directions it will come from.

http://www.fishinghurts.com/

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

If you put your head in the sand, you might not see 'em comming but you're still gomma take it in the a***.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I think I am heartily sick of prophesying how our beloved sport is in danger from the forces of evil/ignorance, and even more sick of how many people subscribe to the theory that " **** you Jack, I'm fireproof" applies to Angling. Yes, I did put Fishing on the title, as opposed to Angling, but this is merely wordplay. As a shooter, and Angler I fear that both pastimes will both shortly be denied to me. When will you wake up to the fact that every one who Angles, Shoots, or Hunts is as one. United we stand, Divided we fall.

P.S. I regard Hunting as " The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible", but I would do anything in my power to allow Hunting to continue.

When Angling is finally banned, remember who told you it would happen!

P.P.S. Being right wil give me no satisfaction, only sorrow!

Absolutely right Excalibur. I too am rather p*ssed off by the attitude of some anglers to the attacks on other field sports.

I warned against this "we're all right Jack" attitude when I first came on AN , and got abuse from some quarters as a result.

Angling may not be banned in Britain during my lifetime, but if it is, I shall be long gone overseas (relatives in US and OZ) I've done my share of representing angling in the past, and intend to spend the rest of my active life fishing.

Those of you with much of your lives still before you, and who want to stay in Britain (and fish) should get your act together NOW.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

OK then, lets say they ban coarse fishing in the UK. By rights the government would then have to accept game fishing being banned and also salt water angling. If they made all these illegal then they would also moraly have to ban commercial fishing. So, effectively making the eating of any fish a crime, which would then mean having to ban all rearing of animals and the sale of meat in the UK a criminal offense.

Now apart from upsetting a few million anglers, british tackle manufacturers and staff, the closing of hundreds of tackle outlets, moth-balling the commercial fishing fleet and all related industries, closing down the (non-smoking) fish resturants, giving the farmers something else to moan about and turning the nation into imposed vegetarianism.........

[ 21. November 2004, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

By rights the government would then have to accept game fishing being banned and also salt water angling. If they made all these illegal then they would also morally have to ban commercial fishing

You really used "government" and "morally" in the same paragraph!! Did you forget the smiley to show you knew you were joking?

[ 21. November 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President