Power of Prayer?

ColinW

hmmm prayer maybe useful ,not sure about cars though

http://www.greenmuze.com/climate/energy/11...er-energy-.html

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KenL - You CAN still be a Christian without being a pratt about it! Doctors study medicine and experiment to ease human life, not make it worse! Their Hippocratic oath says that!

I would far rather a doctor treat me for an ailment than a Shaman (witchdoctor).

Christians, well MOST of them, believe in medicine - even though in some cases we can't prove that it is the best treatment - but we are trusting that way! :sun:

Cory, Thank you for that!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

KenL - You CAN still be a Christian without being a pratt about it!

True enough.

I have a bunch of christian mates includeing one who is a church warder. They are all OK sensible guys with just that one compartmentalised area of lunacy in their lives.

It's just that on occasion, you can come acreoss as a bit of a borderline eye swiveler and I feel compelled to extract the micturation :D

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I just spotted this on the BBC Web site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8196807.stm

Funnily enough I thought that it was generally accepted these days that infectious diseases were caused by bacteria or viruses, so I can't see that chanting prayers and blowing ram's horn trumpets will do a lot of good. (I know, I know, I just made an argument from personal incredulity.)

Of course, one can always dismiss the findings of science by rolling your eyes and chanting the mantra "it's only a theory", right chaps?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Funnily enough I thought that it was generally accepted these days that infectious diseases were caused by bacteria or viruses, so I can't see that chanting prayers and blowing ram's horn trumpets will do a lot of good. (I know, I know, I just made an argument from personal incredulity.)

Of course, one can always dismiss the findings of science by rolling your eyes and chanting the mantra "it's only a theory", right chaps?

Well that was well badly written by some numpty 'journalist'.

"The flu is often referred to as H1N1 in Israel, where pigs are seen as unclean. "

H1N1 is the proper description of the swine flu virus, 'the flu' refers to seasonal influenza which is altogether a different beastie.

Rob.

P.S. You'd be bloody annoyed if you were booked on that flight ;)

Edited by RobStubbs

err H1N1 isnt swine flu its a mutation of one of the 4 variations of A type flu ,H1N1 bird flu was about a few years ago .

H1N1 is the version to fear its killed millions wherever its come from in 1918 the killed from 50 to 100 million and is very similar to the bacon version we have now as it "targets" the healthy younger person

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H1N1

as a population depleter its quite good

praying is irrelevant :D

reminds me of a prog i saw in black and white days when a group of mentally ill people prayed (on a remote hillside in this case) and aliens? filled their "prayer" box (remarkably like a wooden box on a tripod) with prayer energy ,how i would have liked to stroll up to that box and kicked it down the hill to see the faces of the sad people who believed the leaders crap!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I just got a ****ing from my boss.... a mate sneezed and I said 'I told you not to get on that flight to Mexico!'

The guy was on a written warning for his sickness record...he was feeling down and I was trying to do the 'morale engineer' thing. The trouble is, you need a sense of humour to understand that.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Having been reading about bat 'rabies' recently I was disturbed to see that headline. Rabbis can be spread by aerosol effect in densely populated (bat) caves. Just imagine the aerosol effect of all those Rabies puffing and blowing through their hooters!

The whole of the middle east could become infected by rabbis.................another cunning plan to dominate the world perhaps B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I just got a ****ing from my boss.... a mate sneezed and I said 'I told you not to get on that flight to Mexico!'

I was trying to do the 'morale engineer' thing. The trouble is, you need a sense of humour to understand that.

When I worked in the pharmaceutical industry, some empire builder of a sales manager appropriated a room, filled it with desks and put up a doorplate calling it "Representatives Training Room" (the representatives came in about once a year for briefing on new products.) Most of the time the room was empty, but securely locked.

I printed a little subheading for the doorplate - a quote from The Mikado "....and make each prisoner pent, unwillingly represent....."

It did not go down well with the manager, though fortunately for me, the MD saw the funny side.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...