proposed UK smoking ban

Alan Taylor

"Just to stir things up a bit one thing that does get 'up my nose' as it were are the non smokers or ex-smokers who are also car drivers. They complain about the fumes from my cigarettes, but have no problem at with the tonnes of toxic gases spewed out by their filthy exhaust pipes."

Bingo!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Ban bingo!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Ferret1959
corydoras:

Just to stir things up a bit one thing that does get 'up my nose' as it were are the non smokers or ex-smokers who are also car drivers. They complain about the fumes from my cigarettes, but have no problem at with the tonnes of toxic gases spewed out by their filthy exhaust pipes.

But there are measures to help prevent cars causing a problem.

Catalytic filters, maybe a smoker could be fitted with one in his exhaust. :D

"I agree. Ban bingo!"

heartless Elton - that would be my grandmas life would be empty!.....and my grandads too for that matter :D

Andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

They could always take up smoking :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

All I ask is the freedom to enjoy fresh air, the ability to enjoy a visit to a restaurant or pub, and to be able to go home without reeking of a smell far worse than dog poop, the smell of cigarettes!

However I do agree that there should be 'smoke' rooms in pubs and work places.

The Government have to be the most cynical bunch of tw@ts there is!

Ban smoking in public? yes we'll win the vote on that! And if more people stop (which is unlikely!) we will just have to put the tax up.

Ban smoking altogether? Don't be daft! WE NEED THE TAXES! (wheatsmum smokes and saves the NHS thousands in expensive pain killers! So neither they nor me will stop her!)

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest Ferret1959

Keep smoking in the privicy of the home.

Fags kill more folk than guns, lets all carry gunsin public. :D

If somebody really needs a dose of nicotine to keep them going while in non-smoking areas there's always SNUFF. :D:D

i think a total ban of smoking anywhere outside your own home should be enforced ,i would take great pleasure breaking it :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Smoking is banned in the workplace over here but if the MD smokes then the rule is ignored (mostly)

Some firms add 1 hour a week to a workers work week as they nip out several times a day. Those that have to go onto the public foot path for a fag risk a €40 fine if the police catch them dumping the fag end on the street.

(I hate those moorons that empty the cars ashtray in car parks etc)

The hospital that I use has a dedicated smoke room, the outside door to the balcany is locked as the smoke gets into adjoining wards.

Nurses from the intensive care unit use the room and go back to there seriously ill patients stinking of smoke, believe me it starts you coughing and when you have just had part of a lung taken out that is not funny

I STILL SMOKE and know it is stupid but when my sister came over I smoked on the balcony out of respect for her being a non smoker, yes in my own home.

I hate people smoking when I am eating and if there is a suitably ventilated area I will eat there then move to the bar at the end of a meal for a smoke.

Fags in the UK cost more than dope over here

:D

We will see what we will see, excuse the moan :cool:

Alan

ps ban smoking in bingo halls and all hell would let loose :D

[ 16. November 2004, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/