Britian has nowt to offer

yoxer

Everywhere has good and bad, positive and negative.

The place where you live is created in your own head.

I once lived in the same house as a miserable old bastard, who was always moaning and who became increasingly bitter and isolated as he got older.

In the same house was a geezer who was much more optimistic, got on well with many, helped out where he could.

Two different people, living in the same house but in completely different worlds.

(In fact the same world seen through different eyes).

I know which one had the better life.

It's not so much what goes on outside, so much as what goes on inside, that determines the world/country/house/life that you live in.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most of you know, I spent most of my life in South Africa, Having emigrated there in 1950.

I returned to England in 1986, knowing that the country wasn't perfect. I have been told time and time again "you must be mad!" but EVERY country has its pluses and minuses.

I could not live with the segregation out there and nothings changed axcept the whites and blacks have changed places. I know that if I got p*ssed off with the UK I can move.

So maybe Yoxer, Instead of getting your rocks off denigrating England, move to another country because I know it won't be long before you start denigrating them.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

interesting to get a point of view from someone who's seen a bit of the world, rather than someone who's just sat in front his pc moaning about how crap everthing is

we found 4 dogturds on our path this morning and we dont even own one thats crap for you :mad:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

quote:

the old git wasn't chesters was it leon? [big Grin]

it would be interesting to know who dies first ,the kind chap may be pretending to be kind to escape depression and symptoms of guilt and bordering on suicide whilst the moany old git gets pleasure from moaning and gitting and relaxes of a night at peace with the world :)

my bets on the git to last longer than mr niceguy

[ 28. August 2004, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Jeepster. Do they ? Where ?

There are lots of multi-ethnic societies where everyone considers themselves Latvian, Greek Australian or whatever and whilst they retain elements of their own individual backgrounds but see themselves as a united whole.

I can't think of one successfull multicultural society where people really live in harmony whilst each adhearing to the rules and traditions of differing cultures.

How would you feel about having a Somali neigbour having his 5 year old daughter circumcised ?

How about the Pakistani bloke over the road torching his misses because she smiled at you when she collected the milk ?

If we lived in a multicultural scociety, you'd just shug it off because they would be acting in accordance with their own cultual norms and that would make it ok - but I rather doubt that you'd actually be very happy.

The worst example of multiculturalism at the moment is that section of the Pakistani/Bangladeshi community that has raken over enclaves of some of our cities and separating themselves off from the rest of society by language (many of them, particularly the imported wives and husbands don't even speak functional English), dress, food, the shops that they frequent, religion in addition to the self imposed physical isolation resulting from never leaving those areas of the cities.

This is not a healthy way for a society to operate and it didn't exactly work out for the Jews during the 20th century.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

chesters1:

quote:

the old git wasn't chesters was it leon? [big Grin]

it would be interesting to know who dies first ,the kind chap may be pretending to be kind to escape depression and symptoms of guilt and bordering on suicide whilst the moany old git gets pleasure from moaning and gitting and relaxes of a night at peace with the world :)

my bets on the git to last longer than mr niceguy

The old git died 20 years ago, last I heard the other one was still going!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon Roskilly:

The place where you live is created in your own head.

Leon, my friend, you are wise beyond your years.

And that's some serious wisdom, let me tell you.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.