Diesel prices

ayjay

Either the way that we live is sustainable or not.

If it's not, then we have the choice of dealing with it or being dealt with.

It's the nature of our society that we will wait until we are being dealt with.

Some will survive.

In general I would agree, however your last sentence would have applied twenty years ago or more but with todays bountiful communication systems Joe Bloggs should in theory end up slightly better informed and should be able to make a better judgment of his situation and try at least to change course.

Hell I'm off fishing again to waste some more petrol :laugh:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touch naive Elton, as much as I am not a fan of politicians, that said we need to raise taxes, so just what is the alternative?With car emissions choking the environment and choking our roads in Towns and Cities. can you imagine how pleasant life would be with just a quarter of cars on the road? To be able to walk along a High Street without being forced of the pavement, I reckon giving back our communities to the PEOPLE would be a step in the right direction. if high fuel prices concentrate peoples minds before buying a second or third car, or perhaps leaving the car at home and actually WALK or CYCLE, yes even in ESSEX this is possible :thumbs: so if the spin off to this fuel hike is less cars on our roads great bring it on I say.

er why though do we need to? ,local level yes but to employ 3 layers of greedy buggers above that :D 4 if you include village councils.

most people employ people that hopefully will save them tax or put money in their pockets not to take it out :rolleyes:

what does the tax on fuel actually do? ,it not for the roads that what vehicle tax is for so its wasted on things nothing to dop with cars just as "green" taxes do nothing green :rolleyes:

i cant see my mrs walking 3 miles to the nearest bus stop just as you will never see me cycling its why the internal engine was invented to make long distance (and 3 miles is long distance up several hills) easier.

ban cars in towns and cities they at least have alternate travel options.

and explain why i should subsidise others in cheap swimming pools (we never use them) street lighting (we havnt got them) etc etc ,those that want them should pay extra as its a privilage ,then reduce it for those that dont.

i use the car i choose to so except grudgingly car tax (not fuel tax) but tax is demanded its non negotiable on everything else whether i have it or not ,those that dont have it subsidise those that do.

why dont the gov charge 70% fuel tax on aviation fuel and drop it on the essential cars fuel tax? its quite easy the gov fooking well dont pay it!!! its one of their perks amoungst many many other ,i dont fly so penalise hard those that do.

the big companies dont pay much tax nor the rich amoungst us ,the poor subsidise them instead ,the poor always lose out they cant choose to buy a economical fuel efficient car they use what they can afford so the poxy fuel tax hits them hardest especially if they live in the sticks ,its a 8 mile round trip to put fuel in the car never mind use it for anything else.

if you use a motorway more than 4 times a month then charge them for it and drop fuel tax by the same amount as the extra revenue brings in etc.

this shower is deliberately trying to bring england to its knees ,why though i havnt a clue not so long ago it was called treason and you died! now you get knighthoods,cushy jobs in directorships and golden handshakes more than the masses could ever dream of :angry:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

why dont the gov charge 70% fuel tax on aviation fuel and drop it on the essential cars fuel tax?.....,i dont fly so penalise hard those that do.

Gee, thanks Chesters, I've just booked air tickets for our winter holiday. What about a swingeing tax on bicycle oil ?(can't remember when I last used any) :lol:

As we are talking about oil reserves it is not too far off topic to mention gold reserves. Brown sold ours when gold prices were at rock bottom - the price of gold has increased four-fold since then. Lucky Gnomes of Zurich who now have most of the gold we used to own. So the government is short of gold/cash reserves, which explains all these rapacious taxes. Pleeeeeeease let them tax salt!

this shower is deliberately trying to bring england to its knees ,why though i havnt a clue not so long ago it was called treason and you died!

I had assumed it was incompetence, but you may well be right, with the caveat that it is Rural England they wish to destroy. ...look at what they are doing, closing the rural post offices, making life difficult for rural motorists, cutting funding to rural councils, etc etc. Before long the countyside will be abandoned, which is what the government want - all of us crammed into cities under intensive CCTV scrutiny, fingerprinted, eye-scanned and DNA'd. In other words, CONTROLLED....and you thought "1984" was just a far-fetched story.......

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

,it not for the roads that what vehicle tax is for

Just trying to think of how much the government spend out of the road tax fund on the .................... roads.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just trying to think of how much the government spend out of the road tax fund on the .................... roads.

Not much.... :angry:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Road Fund Duty is only spent on 'Trunk Roads', therefore people who live in rural areas subsidise those who use the main roads only benefitting as second users.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I hope that when the chinese / Indians or whatever go out and buy their westernised lifestyles that they also need to fund them with wage rise demands.

We were always being told jobs were going abroad to the far east because the populace there works for beans, well bring it on maybe things will revert a little in our favour.

No-one has yet answered the question of why we appear to be spearheading the fight to save the planet (?) a tiny little island of 60 million people, already having some of the highest and most widespread taxation in the western world, we can't afford to be a world player anymore, we are becoming what used to be called a third world country.

Alternative fuels... as oil availability declines more development will be put into other means of making our cars go, at the moment there is still a huge vested interest in keeping the status quo, but I have no doubt that we will still be driving around moaning about congestion in 25 years time.

The reason for my conviction being the total inability of our nation to invest in and develop any proper public transport infrastructure. There are several minor successes in this area for instance, manchesters tram system, but it was only a couple of years ago that our government was refusing to fund an extended system whilst simultaneously proclaiming its success, there's a mixed message for you.

Now of course we are to get UP TO 3 billion quid investment in exchange for agreeing to a cash cow.

Incidentally why don't all the pollsters asking what we think of the idea try polling folk who have to drive 20 or 30 miles to get to the city for 7am.

We should be looking at ways of keeping traffic flowing and therefore more fuel efficient, instead our local authorities increase the congestion with bus lanes, traffic calming (???) chicanes, speed humps and by closing alternative routes to traffic at peak times, and whatever happened to phased traffic lights? now its more like stop...go...stop...go... every few hundred yards, very fuel efficient I'm sure.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

dont worry inflation is rising in china ,history dictates that mass industry and the population moving to cities to work in it raises infllation sharply and soon its effect makes the country no longer a cheap source of labour or goods.

look at just tackle ,Taiwan,japan,east germany (or was it west) korea etc etc all were cheap suppliers of tackle in the past all now due to the inflation cannot anymore compete ,soon britain will be a third world country and our goods will become competitive once more :D

once masses move to cities they can no longer grow enough to feed themselves and what is needs transprting to the cities in far higher quantities to feed the now larger population in them so food is imported hastening the inflation! history shows it ,africa will probably be the next to be the sweat shop of the world once the importers cannot import cheap goods ,in manufacture you need desperately poor people to compete!! pay them too much and you price yourself out of the market!!

china could hang on for a few years by treating its people with contempt as they do now but people have a way of making things hard for even the worst rulers if they set their minds to it ,getting their way though just destroys their commerce faster as we have seen in the ex soviet states.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Road Fund Duty is only spent on 'Trunk Roads', therefore people who live in rural areas subsidise those who use the main roads only benefitting as second users.
Road Fund Duty goes into the Exchequer and is not ring fenced. UK governments of any colour by and large do not hypotheticate taxes.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

... a tiny little island of 60 million people, already having some of the highest and most widespread taxation in the western world, we can't afford to be a world player anymore, we are becoming what used to be called a third world country.
I'd thank you not to talk the country down This poxy little island of only 60 million inhabitants is the 5th richest nation in the world, and I for one is proud of that.

Environmentally I don't think that just cost of sitting on ones hands is going to be a no cost option.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote