This winter

Anderoo

Does anyone know what kind of winter we are expecting this year? I haven't heard anything. Are we in for another big freeze or are we back to mild and wet?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what kind of winter we are expecting this year? I haven't heard anything. Are we in for another big freeze or are we back to mild and wet?

I know its early days but it certainly seems much milder at the moment than it did last year. Im thinking mild and wet compared to last winter but i would like dry and frosty personally.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I know its early days but it certainly seems much milder at the moment than it did last year. Im thinking mild and wet compared to last winter but i would like dry and frosty personally.

It is definitely a lot milder so far! Although we are expecting colder weather at the weekend if the forecast is right...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

And were they early last year? :rolleyes:

C.

A bit later but in larger numbers, apparently:

"Last year the swans arrived almost two weeks later but in larger numbers, so we wondered if snow was on the cards and it did indeed turn out to be the coldest winter for 31 years."

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/new...il/article.html

Sorry I disagree I hope you are right but I do not have a good feeling about the winter so I am buying a 4 x 4.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I used to like cold frosty winters when I was a keen shooter/hunter but these days I'm a lover of warmer weather. Nowadays the cost of heating bills etc really makes the cold weather sting all the more, I for one am hoping for a mild winter, no line freezing in the guides stopping the fishing, much better chances of catching fish and no numb fingers and toes ....suites me sir !

Sportsman's got the right idea...south of France n'warmer climes, gotta be better for the health !

We are entering in to a La nina so might end up with a mild winter..but there has also been a solar minimun and the PDO has entered its negative phase jet stream has moved back south over the last few years,and there has been a tendency for northern blocking high pressure to the north/north east of the uk plus we had a cool/cold winter in 2008-09 and its said that the uk gets a cluster of cold winters so we could been in for a cold one again..but not as cold as last winter

i think it will be a mild start with cool/cold periods but the later winter will be very cold, as is often

the case in la nina's

Edited by smudger

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

Sorry I disagree I hope you are right but I do not have a good feeling about the winter so I am buying a 4 x 4.

Can never have too many cars, anyway :)

I just hope it's dry. I can handle cold, just about, but absolutely hate being soaked.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE