When are we going to get some rain!

Chris Plumb

I don't mind so long as it doesn't come in torrential down pours.

If we have flooding between now and mid June, especially as we seem to have early spawning, then it's goodbye to most of this years fry.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never mind when are WE going to get some rain?? When are WE GOING TO GET ANYTHING BUT SUNSHINE!!! It's getting pretty desperate here in France right now! A friend who farms a small dairy herd is seriously thinking of getting rid as he not only cannot get the water he has also nearly run out of feed as well! Just nothing to eat?? So it's not just the fishing which suffers eh?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

never mind when are WE going to get some rain?? When are WE GOING TO GET ANYTHING BUT SUNSHINE!!! It's getting pretty desperate here in France right now! A friend who farms a small dairy herd is seriously thinking of getting rid as he not only cannot get the water he has also nearly run out of feed as well! Just nothing to eat?? So it's not just the fishing which suffers eh?

does he have a hump?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No he has "La Bosse" Chesters! get it right man!

But we had rain last night!! It even woke ME up it was that strong!! Not nearly enough though I reckon!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

It poured down the day before yesterday here. Heavy during the night.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Still no rain here, nor any sign of rain any time soon.

Late last year I decided to give up growing my own vegetables.

Getting older it was becoming too much work, too much bother and interfering with fishing far too much.

I dread to think about the problems now if I hadn't.

Watering seedlings and plants, praying for a good soaking, worrying about the amount left in the rain-barrels and the price of tapwater.

Now I just have fishing to think about (at least until the lakes start drying out, I can start worrying about the rivers nearer June 16th).

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The Texas governor may have gotten more of a result than he wanted.

I wonder if the folks north of him in Missouri plan to sue over his bad aim.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The Texas governor may have gotten more of a result than he wanted.

I wonder if the folks north of him in Missouri plan to sue over his bad aim.

Think ye may buy the joys o'er dear.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

a few spits and spots here first thing

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

In my area River levels are down 2 feet on average. We have had no rain to speak of since mid January.

Farmers are struggling with germination and are already at the sprinklers. Watch grocery prices shoot up even more.

2 local areas of population for the great crested Newt have completely dried up. However, friends managed to rescue many of this years brood and transfer them to other ponds with the adults. Not supposed to touch them but no point letting them die.

I am hoping myself to see a substantial ran fall soon as I too have lost 6 inches on my pond level.

This is one of the driest Spring times I have witnessed for at least 10 years.

Maybe we should all do a Rain Dance?