Anglers net waters?

Dave H

Not sure there would be enough people on here but its still part of the community spirit and can be accessed by all.

What about organising "group buys". Bait, rods, reels, terminal tackle, line etc etc .....

On other forums we get together and purchase 10,20,30+ of certain items from a seller usually giving a decent discount for all.

For example, the recent mini spomb thread. Get together contact the seller I reckon you could get them down on price :)

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish ins i'd like to try.

Fly fishing anywhere. I've done sea fishing and coarse fishing for years but i've never even cast a fly rod let alone fished that style.

Catfish ( having addequate equipment might be a problem)

Something i guess we could organise although this might be classed as swearing is an Anglers Net match on a commercial somewhere in the midlands i guess would be pretty central.

A lot depends on things people would like to try. Some of us may know a great venue for something but might think others wont be interested. I guess if we dont say no-one knows.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Fish ins i'd like to try.

Something i guess we could organise although this might be classed as swearing is an Anglers Net match on a commercial (Wash your mouth out Terry :P ) somewhere in the midlands i guess would be pretty central.

A lot depends on things people would like to try. Some of us may know a great venue for something but might think others wont be interested. I guess if we dont say no-one knows.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with your last sentence Terry. We all know of waters that suit us personally, but it can be a bit daunting to offer up that water to 'the masses' unless there is something 'special/different' about the place. Who wants to travel a distance when they have similar (or better) places close at hand? I've organised many matches and general 'get togethers' over the years, but they were all for people I worked with, and knew well. We had no expectations of the places, (which were always 'local'), and just one session affairs. To organise something that people have to travel many miles to attend, at the price it costs today, Well, I'd feel pretty crap if the day turned out to be a big let down.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've been to a few fish-ins where the fishing has been really terrible (the fact they have to be planned ahead means you are stuck with the conditions on the day) but I've still really enjoyed them. If the fishing is bad, the company has always been good.

I think Terry is right though, the more popular/successful ones tend to be the ones that offer something new or different to what most people are used to, especially if there are others there who can lend a hand and a bit of advice.

A catfish one must be an option, I bet there a plenty of day ticket waters with cats now. Fly fishing ought to be possible too, most day ticket waters also offer tuition and/or tackle hire...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As long as the organisation has been done right the only real cause of a let down on the day are the conditions! But as anglers we all know there's no controlling those when you have to set a date in advance.

Ive been to some rough days weather wise but I still wouldn't class any as a total loss! Even the day on the Itchin when it burst its banks resulted in a good chub and laugh back in the car park with the lads.We had a day on Fritton Lake where we could hardly row the boat let alone fish in the strong winds but it introduced us to a nice venue and a quick tour around the big Norfolk tackle shops once we had all decided enough was enough saved a wasted trip.

The days can allways be salvaged though simply by the fact its a chance to meet up with friends both old and new.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Myself and Anderoo seem to have cross posted!

As well as offering to arrange a day its also handy if people say want they fancy like Terry did as there is normally someone who can "make it happen".Even if there is no one else who wants to attend.

Stick yours back up though as well Andrew as it had other points/sugestions on it as well.If youve "lost it" I can cut and paste your original post from the email notification if you want?

I posted this on the fly fishing forum the other day

It seems that I have some world class shad fishing just up the road (well, about 200 miles up the road anyway)

http://www.fishandfunbrittany.com/shad.html

http://www.sexyloops.com/articles/allisshad.shtml

I was wondering if anyone was up for a few days rather different fly fishing.

How about this for something a bit different.

Come and stay at my place for a day or so and try fly fishing for carp from a float tube in the lake.

Then drive together up through Brittany for the Shad fishing near Brest for a day or two.

Follow this with a day or so after bass and mullet on the fly in some of the fantastic estuaries up there.

Could be a hell of a fly fishing road trip.

Best time would be around May

For those not into fly fishing the above species can all be caught on lures.

Alternative travel could be a ferry to Roscoff about 30 miles from the fishing.

Accommodation could be camping or B&B

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/