Otter

JV44

ospreys ? :D

i once attended the pond after a phone call about foreigners "setting lines" to catch fish and met the angler at the pond ,the set lines were the tapes we used to stretch across the pond to deter cormorants ,fine i thought but couldn't be bothered to ask him where the hooks were dangling to catch the fish.

a "cormorant" in more than one case now was a bloody heron, a mink more than once an otter and even a fox was pointed out as one ,never believe anglers with hands stretched as well as the understanding of actually one animal or bird from another :wallbash:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone please remind me how many thousands of these killing machines where released, following years of man made decimation interventions against the specis. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Can someone please remind me how many thousands of these killing machines where released, following years of man made decimation interventions against the specis. :thumbs:

Records for 117 licensed releases over 16 years Barry not including the quite legitimate release of recovered injured and orphanned animals (no figures for those but probably quite low).

...that's 117 animals....not 117 thousand :P

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

how many became roadkill ,a 100 or so nationwide has a lot to answer to for all this destruction and mass murder of fish!

whilst on the subject i have only seen one cormorant on the pond in the last 3 years where has this excuse gone? shot or back to the coasts?

whilst its easy to point fingers at furry animals i suggest people turn their gaze at water companies who not only sell the stuff but pump untold amounts of pollutants into waterways and make fine profits doing so

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest redfin2
how many became roadkill ,a 100 or so nationwide has a lot to answer to for all this destruction and mass murder of fish!

whilst on the subject i have only seen one cormorant on the pond in the last 3 years where has this excuse gone? shot or back to the coasts?

whilst its easy to point fingers at furry animals i suggest people turn their gaze at water companies who not only sell the stuff but pump untold amounts of pollutants into waterways and make fine profits doing so

Well you might have a point there somewhere, however I will take issue about the 'untold amounts of pollutants pumped into our Waterways''

Couldn't be that you are a tad glass half full sort of chap are you? :huh:

Oh! and one other thing my 'carnage' comment about the Otter was supposed to be 'tongue in cheek' I don't really think they would destroy a fishery overnight :rolleyes:

A week maybe :D

Oh! and one other thing my 'carnage' comment about the Otter was supposed to be 'tongue in cheek' I don't really think they would destroy a fishery overnight :rolleyes:

A week maybe :D

Rubbish, they'd take years to wipe out a commercial fishery....they restock them every week don't they B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I'm all right Jack then <_<

Exactly why I asked the question redfin,to conceed that some off us (myself included) may be basing our opinions on different experiences and circumstances to others. Rather than adopting a "Im all right Jack" attitude I would much rather check that those who state the otter is causing a problem in their area are in fact right and that I dont understand/cant empathise simply because my situation isn't the same.

If they could convince me that this was the case then I would support them 100% regardless of if it was a personal issue to me or not.

So far though I havent been convinced and the way they have put their case only confirms my initial doubts about their credibility. As I mentioined before I come across anglers screaming about the evil of otters in my area where (to my knowledge) there arent any................and more importantly I see these same anglers (who tell me how informed and knowledgable on the subject of otters they are) pointing out mink as otters.............

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

My comment is awaiting moderation. Will be interesting to see if it makes it...

And mine is, so i thought i would copy it here just in case it gets lost. :lol:

barry luxton says:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

February 1, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Hello guys, my first post so i won’t try to be controversial. My very good freind Nick Staples (scientist) has emailed me and spoke with regards to the otter debate, so if you have no objection and to enjoy openess and transparency within our sport, i have reprinted his last comments to you below. Personally i think there are some anglers who are paranoid and use the decade old otter release of aproximatly 120 as the be all and end all disaster to befall angling, following years of man made decimation of this animal, it ain’t.

Quote Nick Staples:

Bob, although your blog stops a little short of demanding that otters are done to death, you support others that do (John Wilson and his Predation Action Group). You also have a regular contributor (Lee Swords) to your blog that pairs up with you in attacking those that disagree with your posts who, only a couple of posts ago gave his support to otter culling. When many others were calling for otters to be shot etc. on your Facebook page you made no effort to censor this or criticise that attitude. So, it seems to most that by accepting these calls for culls you are supporting them….Either way, your comments that otters are alien is plainly ridiculous and the whole taste of your site is one of hypocrisy and a hatred for any fish predator other than fish eating fish….non-native predators such as zander you actually support!

As an angler I am disgusted with your attitude to native wildlife and I hope that your narrow minded posts don’t cause damage to our angling pastime.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..