Scum

Leon Roskilly

Haven't been tracking this thread, but just noticed an address on here now. Will try to send some bits today/tomorrow.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELTON HELP!!!!!! I have posted up four pics on "Wills day out" but something is preventing me posting the others - I keep getting "this page has expired" and the "edit" menu won't let me copy.

I'm going to another system for now

Later - completed the pics via t'other system, but am wondering what happened, as I have had no trouble putting up the allowed quota of eight in the past.

[ 17. August 2005, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Gerry, some terminal tackle and a carp book will be on its way to you today.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve, I know you've already had a recent 'clear out' so thanks for the extra effort. If you run short of tackle in the next few weeks let me know...I'll organise a 'whip round' :D

This message went to Will yesterday.

Hi Will, hear you had a good day yesterday with vagabond. What a nice roach.

I've asked those that are sending stuff to me to do so by this saturday and then I'd like to arrange to drop it all down to you on tuesday or wednesday of next week if thats convenient. I'll only stop for a few minutes, I'm ferrying my dad off somewhere else immediately after.

So far I have a rod (not sure what type until I collect it on thursday) a pair of optonics and a sound box, stainless rod pod, a whole pile of carp end tackle, hooks etc and cash. There will probably be more stuff arriving in the next few days. If any of this stuff is duplicated, then just stick it on ebay and use the money to buy whatever else you need. I suggest a bunch of flowers for your mother might tactically be a good idea too. I'm sure she deserves it.

Try joining Anglersnet, they'll all make you most welcome. We get to fish some of the best beats of the Test and the Itchen for grayling, plus there are a number of other fish-ins and teach-ins around the country for carp and pike during the year. If you need any fishing advice or help, there's always someone on the forum that knows the answer. There are a number of 14-16 year olds who are regular contributors and probably even a few people fairly local to you too.

My passion is lure fishing and I also have friends in Rye. So later in the year, if you fancy trying your hand at a day's lure fishing for pike, perch or chub, I'd be happy to give you and a friend a day fishing somewhere close by.

cheers

Gerry

Try to get the rest of your promised donations together by saturday chaps. If you promised something then send it, otherwise I'll have to send Budgie and Andrew around to wrest it from your cold dead hands :D

Address again is

Gerry Castles

19 Tulsemere Road

London SE27 9EH

If you wish to send a few quid instead via Paypal, the address is argylle@btclick.com

[ 18. August 2005, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Is there anything he is still short of? Post here, I'm sure we (me included) will help out....

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Don't know John, other than perhaps some general float tackle. Judging by the stuff in the photographs already donated, he seems to have most of the essential items. Best to let him buy exactly what stuff he needs to complete his kit, other than carp end tackle which always gets used.

argyll:

If you promised something then send it, otherwise I'll have to send Budgie and Andrew around to wrest it from your cold dead hands

LOL Coupled with Budgie's offer for him and bruv to act as minders earlier this thread, I am reminded of Whizzy the Wicked Wizard in the comic strip "Stonehenge Kit - the Ancient Brit"

Whizzy had a couple of minders, clad in animal skins, carrying big cudgels, and labelled "Brit Basher 1" and "Brit Basher 2"

Seriously, cash or book tokens at this stage would probably be the most useful. I think Will would appreciate some reading on carp.

As for tackle - I put a picture up of his carp outfit on t'other thread. He certainly has the basics. Will uses the "Dynamite Stick" pva system, so any consumables in that system would be useful.

Will has the makings of an all-round angler, but is concentrating on carp (and specimen roach :P ) at the moment. However, I'm sure he will make use of whatever turns up.

Thanks - you are a generous bunch.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Fair enough Argyll :) Hope he gets himself on here though....

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Vagabond:

Vagabond:

If you promised something then send it, otherwise I'll have to send Budgie and Andrew around to wrest it from your cold dead hands

LOL Coupled with Budgie's offer for him and bruv to act as minders earlier this thread, I am reminded of Whizzy the Wicked Wizard in the comic strip "Stonehenge Kit - the Ancient Brit"

Whizzy had a couple of minders, clad in animal skins, carrying big cudgels, and labelled "Brit Basher 1" and "Brit Basher 2"

Seriously, cash or book tokens at this stage would probably be the most useful. I think Will would appreciate some reading on carp.

As for tackle - I put a picture up of his carp outfit on t'other thread. He certainly has the basics. Will uses the "Dynamite Stick" pva system, so any consumables in that system would be useful.

Will has the makings of an all-round angler, but is concentrating on carp (and specimen roach :P ) at the moment. However, I'm sure he will make use of whatever turns up.

Thanks - you are a generous bunch.

Me as a "Brit Basher 2"!! :D:D:D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

A note from Will this morning. Anyone have any suggestions about his problem with the register hyperlink?

HI,

THANKS SO MUCH THATS GREAT, I HAD A LOVELY DAY OUT AND ENDED UP WITH A PB ROACH. THAT LURE FISHING SOUNDS GREAT IVE NEVER DONE MUCH OF IT MYSELF, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ON TO ANGLERS NET BUT THE REGISTER HYPERLINK IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD POST A LITTLE NOTE FROM ME ON THE WEBSITE THANKING EVERYBODY FOR THEIR HELP AND SUPPORT.

CHEERS WILL.

[ 19. August 2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]