What scares you when night fishing?

twochay

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason Speck

Some good posts and a good thread.I used to Carp fish at night (even though it was not allowed)on the Ornamental lakes in Wansted East London.Their is the ruin of I beleive an old Monastary.It was the most unnerving place I have ever fished and not for the easily scared.

After that most things now are a breeze.But I did **** myself this season when I was disturbed by a Badger on the Mole.

Jason

My god, what was it doing to the poor thing?

(The Badger on the mole)

Sleep paralysis. I went through a phase of becoming only half asleep at first light. I think was still dreaming, but it was so realistic that I couldn't be sure. I felt that something had jumped onto my chest and I was trying to will my arms and legs to move, but couldn't. I also felt as if I could see, but couldn't make the world look the right way up. It was absolutely terrifying, and after it had happened several nights in succession I was almost afraid to go again.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Rats do it for me aswell.I absoloutly hate them, Its not the noises they make its when you see one and it stops and looks you straight in the eye, It makes me shiver just thinking about it.

When night fishing on my own on the severn a couple of years ago i decided to walk downstream to try a new swim, i ended up walking about 2 miles downstream before starting fishing. After i had caught couple it got to about 4am so i decided to have a snooze only to be awoken by a large noise from the woods behind me. This wasnt like the normal noises you hear (twigs snapping and shuffling around in the undergrowth)this was branches snapping and things getting dragged around. Ihave never been so scared in my life and to this day i still dont know what it was. ghost :D:)

It was probably just a 2 badger's humping but you know how the mind can play tricks

Regards Paul Mc

putting my hand behind me to get some meat to bait up the swim with, instead of meat i feel something warm and hairy thats growling, turn round and its a bloody great brock having himself some easy supper!! :o

Only thing i can think of that would really scare me......Neil Wayte coming crashing through the trees growling at 2am

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

When I was a Scout Leader, I never used to sleep solidly - usually no more than 30 mins at a time. However, I have never found it hard to get to sleep.

Although it wasn't whilst fishing, I was terrified at a camp when we had a thunderstorm at 3.00am. It circled around the site in Brentwood for about 45 mins. flash and bang were simultaneous. There wasn't much rain, but there were 27 rather scared 9 - 15 year olds and 6 just as worried adults.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine