Dear believer

robtherake

Yes, I think scaring kids into believing in their parents imaginary friend is child abuse. And, as Chesters pointed out, cutting off a bit of a childs' winky just because the parents are Jewish is definately abuse.

No religion should be taught to kids full stop. Imagine turning round to a young adult that had never heard of religion & telling them, right, you've now got to believe in an imaginary person, otherwise, when you die, the bit inside your head that somehow will defy death, will go to one of two places that we've made up.

They'd just laugh at you, and rightly so.

Oh, very good video btw :clap2:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think scaring kids into believing in their parents imaginary friend is child abuse. And, as Chesters pointed out, cutting off a bit of a childs' winky just because the parents are Jewish is definately abuse.

No religion should be taught to kids full stop. Imagine turning round to a young adult that had never heard of religion & telling them, right, you've now got to believe in an imaginary person, otherwise, when you die, the bit inside your head that somehow will defy death, will go to one of two places that we've made up.

They'd just laugh at you, and rightly so.

Oh, very good video btw :clap2:

not just jews but moslems as well ,strange two religions at each others throats have so much in common :rolleyes:

perhaps its no more than my god is bigger than your god :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Reminds me of when the comic Dave allen used to say, may your god go with you.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

not just jews but moslems as well ,strange two religions at each others throats have so much in common :rolleyes:

Nah, 'tis the same god - if such a beastie exists.

Maybe it's because they're such different people - Maybe not.

Perhaps they find one another's diets abominable - Erm, no.

Maybe they just watch

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A good example... Genital mutilation done to those who are unable to consent has to be abuse.

But perhaps in this instance it's a case of 'my knob is NOT bigger than yours! :)

I have had thesists trying to repremand me over the issue of 'body modifications' claiming it's sinful to 'cut away' or alter body tissue/organs that are working perfectly well as it is :rolleyes:

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

All,

Strange turn on a cool video (although the posters are quite predictable). Just so we are all talking from the same page - abuse is - improper treatment for a bad purpose. Is that "abuse"?

Is that an agreeable generalization for purposes of this thread?

Emma two,

You are certainly quick to pass over questions for which you have no answer and continue abided your often repeated dialogue (no matter the subject of the thread). What's the difference between your position and that of a religious zealot? You have a great deal of zeal. In fact, I'd say your position is even a radical form of a religion or belief. That's OK, but doesn't make you "right". 90+% of the earths human population believe in something. (see video) You are in a huge minority.

Phone

Emma. child abuse, really? whats so wrong about teaching a child about their families religious beliefs. how can that in anyway be called child abuse. im sure your family tried to teach, i mean force, their beliefs(religious or otherwise) on you as you were growing up how is that any different. just because you may or may not believe in such utter crap doesnt make you right and them wrong, isnt that the problem with religion and non believers ? everyone needs a "who the feck cares" attitude and just let people get on with it.

I have had thesists trying to repremand me over the issue of 'body modifications' claiming it's sinful to 'cut away' or alter body tissue/organs that are working perfectly well as it is

so regarding your own 'body modifications' the thesists thought it wrong to do such a thing yet here you are, criticising someone's beliefs. how did it make you feel when people were saying its wrong but in your mind its right.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

All,

Strange turn on a cool video (although the posters are quite predictable). Just so we are all talking from the same page - abuse is - improper treatment for a bad purpose. Is that "abuse"?

Is that an agreeable generalization for purposes of this thread?

Emma two,

You are certainly quick to pass over questions for which you have no answer and continue abided your often repeated dialogue (no matter the subject of the thread). What's the difference between your position and that of a religious zealot? You have a great deal of zeal. In fact, I'd say your position is even a radical form of a religion or belief. That's OK, but doesn't make you "right". 90+% of the earths human population believe in something. (see video) You are in a huge minority.

Phone

The responses from the posters do indicate that enforced religion and some its associated practices do indeed agree on ‘abuse’ as an agreeable generalisation. (For the purposes here)

I have read back through the thread and cannot find the questions you accuse me of being ‘quick to pass over. So far as I can see I have dodged no questions at any speed. Please list your questions (ant questions) and I shall answer them. Making things up isn’t really good debating form.

My position is wholly different from that of a religious zealot in lots of ways. You might say that my position is a radical form of religion or belief, but of course I see that it is wholly wrong to level that charge in whatever way you interpret the words used to make it up. Religious zealots typically do and say lots of things towards those who they see as having views to themselves, they lobby to have laws changed or maintained on issues like abortion, sexuality, the subjugation of women, trading laws etc. I only express my opinions when the subject arises as it did in here (I didn’t start the thread, and it looks very like you are implying that I should be silent over the subject). I don’t go around ‘preaching’ nor so I knock on the doors of others to try and hawk my beliefs, please believe I love it when both religious and political enthusiasts come to the door to try and change me into something which suits them. However I rarely raise the subject, but rather engage with it once it has come up, a bit like a counter puncher in the ring.

Please, don’t tell me my beliefs don’t ‘make me right’, that implies conceit upon my part, and that you belive I have no business holding them, for other then in general terms what I hold to be (my) truth is as valid or as flawed as anyone else’s in the absence of contrary evidence. You may comment that no ones pure belief makes then right nor wrong, but to say that only one side (mine) of the argument doesn’t make right is somewhere between patronising and prejudicial.

I think that I can understand what you are trying to say, and your comments are worth keeping as a case in point. You appear to be berating me, it that for actually holding an opinion, or for articulating it here? Do you imagine that just because your 90+% of the population believe in what you describe as ‘something’ that I should too, to fall into line with the pack? Because if that is the case that severely weakens the case for religion, leaving it as little else but a persuasive social construct. I should ignore what my head/heart tells me and go with the flow of popular opinion instead?

That I am in a minority doesn’t frighten me into compliance, people have often rejected the opinions of the ‘majority’ in order to be true to themselves, you belong to a country founded upon that principle.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Emma. child abuse, really? whats so wrong about teaching a child about their families religious beliefs. how can that in anyway be called child abuse. im sure your family tried to teach, i mean force, their beliefs(religious or otherwise) on you as you were growing up how is that any different. just because you may or may not believe in such utter crap doesnt make you right and them wrong, isnt that the problem with religion and non believers ? everyone needs a "who the feck cares" attitude and just let people get on with it.

so regarding your own 'body modifications' the thesists thought it wrong to do such a thing yet here you are, criticising someone's beliefs. how did it make you feel when people were saying its wrong but in your mind its right.

Yes 'abuse' really. Have a look back through the thread there are some excellent examples and arguments to support that notion.

You can have no idea of what ‘my family’ exposed me to, or not as I grew up which would influence my attitude to wards religion, yet you state that you are ‘sure’ you do. That would be like me saying that I am ‘sure’ that you knock all your pike firmly on the head before setting out to unhook them. For I have no idea what you do to your fish once they are caught and can only rely upon what you tell us, I have no reason to believe anything other than that you handle them as you say you do, but I can’t say that I know for ‘sure’ .

I have not criticised anyone’s beliefs as you put it, but rather have expressed concern over the impacts that the actions borne out of those beliefs have upon others, there is a distinct difference.

Have a look at the links which Ken L posted (post 12)... of course this is abuse however one wraps it up.

Yes 'abuse' really. Have a look back through the thread there are some excellent examples and arguments to support that notion.

You can have no idea of what ‘my family’ exposed me to, or not as I grew up which would influence my attitude to wards religion, yet you state that you are ‘sure’ you do. That would be like me saying that I am ‘sure’ that you knock all your pike firmly on the head before setting out to unhook them. For I have no idea what you do to your fish once they are caught and can only rely upon what you tell us, I have no reason to believe anything other than that you handle them as you say you do, but I can’t say that I know for ‘sure’ .

I have not criticised anyone’s beliefs as you put it, but rather have expressed concern over the impacts that the actions borne out of those beliefs have upon others, there is a distinct difference.

Have a look at the links which Ken L posted (post 12)... of course this is abuse however one wraps it up.

i said: im sure your family tried to teach, i mean force, their beliefs(religious or otherwise).

that statement was made as wide as possible. obviously there are a lot of cases of actual child abuse when it comes to teaching religious beliefs but what of those hard working law abiding followers of faith who raise their children in a happy and loving environment. how would that be child abuse ?

here is a definition of criticise: the expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes.

you said: I have not criticised anyone’s beliefs as you put it, but rather have expressed concern over the impacts that the actions borne out of those beliefs have upon others, there is a distinct difference.

sounds a lot like criticism to me ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk