Dear believer

robtherake

It's just as well that your opinion on the rights of children isn't shared by most of the world. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child upholds 54 rights or articles for children and young people. For example...

Article 6

Every child and young person has the right to life

Governments must do all they can to make sure every child and young person has the best possible life.

Article 19

Governments must do everything to protect children and young people from all forms of violence, abuse, neglect and mistreatment.

Help must be available for children and young people who are hurt by violence, abuse, neglect and mistreatment.

Article 28

Every child has the right to free primary education.

Governments must encourage secondary education, making it available and accessible to every child and young person

Access to higher education must be based on the ability to benefit from it.

Governments must make sure children and young people get information about education.

Governments must encourage regular school attendance.

Governments must make sure that school discipline protects the dignity of children and young people, and is in line with their rights in this Convention – so no hitting or humiliation.

Article 32

Every young person has the right to be protected from harmful work and economic exploitation.

Article 33

Governments must do everything to protect children and young people from illegal drugs.

Article 34

Governments must do everything to protect children and young people from sexual exploitation (including prostitution) and sexual abuse.

The US and Somalia won't sign up to the convention.

Once again, I suspect that you have thrown back and answer without thinking about it, you surely don't believe that there should be no legislation to prevent children being beaten, denied an education, used for sex and still have to work in highly dangerous conditions...do you?

Upholding the rights of children should not be confused with pandering to little brats and letting them get away with everything, it's about sensible decency.

Just because the UN says all this doesn't make it right. I didn't need the UN to bring my kids up.

Wake up and look around you, kids are still sexually abused, they still get illegal drugs, they still play truant now more than ever. Where the hell is all this protection for kids that the UN says we must do. It's not working

It looks to me like the very rules you spout are not working cos they sure haven't solved the problems.

If you need the UN to tell you how to bring your kids up you shouldn't have any.

Do you believe everything the government tells you.

Do you believe everything the EU tell you. I bet the answer to both are no you don't.

You spout the UN convention because it suits you, so you can get on your soapbox and spout it along with G & L bullsh!t

It's time to join the real world.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Oops! Once again, I've engaged myself in a thread (same old thread really) where we all spout "beliefs". No one has changed their minds as any reasonable person might predict. Said I wouldn't - I did - I was wrong.

Phone

you need the UN to tell you how to bring your kids up you shouldn't have any.

get on your soapbox and spout it along with G & L bullsh!t

It's time to join the real world.

You werere the one who started 'spouting' with that incredible arrogent and uninformed statement that children have 'no rights'. I quoted (spouted you call it!) the UN because there was a readily availiable internationally agreed set of rights for young people and children in an easily transferable format to directly refute your revolting ascertation that children have no rights.

you have had kids because we live in a society which allows almost anyone to have them. Your not fit have a ]human being in your care so long as you deny them any rights.

Of course the UNs work has saved many children from misery, if it were left to the likes of you there would still be children dying down mines and in unsafe factories, being exploited openly as sex workers, being flogged in the street at the will of 'adults' for thats how people with (your) 'no rights'were treated, and yes in some instances still are, but at least some of us have worked trying to do something positive about it.

Your 'live in the 'real world' comment is especially conceited, just how do your defime 'real world' and thats not a rehetorical question, try and answer it. Why when you have no idea whatsoever about my life do you imagine your world (life experience) the be real and mine the one I have occupied for 56 years by definition as 'false'?

I worked long and hard supporting children and young people who had suffered at the hands of those who woud like you deny them any rights. Some of the stuff is protected by confidentiality. some I could tell about, how real and graphic would you like it to get?

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Surely your not saying that there are no kids being exploited by sex worker, it goes on and will forever go on.

There are still kids being exploited in sweat shops around the world.

I suppose i'm uninformed because i don't believe in the same old same old that governments and do gooders tell us what we have to believe.

As for not being to fit to have kids i have two, Both own their own homes,have kids, run two cars each and have good jobs.

Where the hell did i go wrong i wonder

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Surely your not saying that there are no kids being exploited by sex worker,

Correct I said nothing of the sort so why did you waste time typing it?

I'm off to do some gardening now, try and come up with some convincing answers to the questions I set you, likw why you think your world is a real on and mine isn't?

You could of course take a bit of reasonable middle ground and say that you didn't really mean that children have no rights!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

All,

Oops! Once again, I've engaged myself in a thread (same old thread really) where we all spout "beliefs". No one has changed their minds as any reasonable person might predict. Said I wouldn't - I did - I was wrong.

Phone

To quote a favourite film of mine "I just think it’s better to have ideas. I mean, you can change an idea, changing a belief is trickier. People die for it, people kill for it."

"I was beaten all the time as a child and it never did me any harm"

Usually quoted by individuals who seem to have an urge to hit children.

Hmmm, maybe it did more harm than you thought ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

"I was beaten all the time as a child and it never did me any harm"

Usually quoted by individuals who seem to have an urge to hit children.

Hmmm, maybe it did more harm than you thought ;)

i think everyone has an urge to hit children (there should be a law where in many circumstances strangers should be allowed to) the trick is to ignore the urge ;)

they should be non kid days in bloody supermarkets!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i think everyone has an urge to hit children (there should be a law where in many circumstances strangers should be allowed to) the trick is to ignore the urge ;)

they should be non kid days in bloody supermarkets!

It's true and sometimes even the calmest people are so affected...but keep ignoring the urge. :)

Correct I said nothing of the sort so why did you waste time typing it?

I'm off to do some gardening now, try and come up with some convincing answers to the questions I set you, likw why you think your world is a real on and mine isn't?

You could of course take a bit of reasonable middle ground and say that you didn't really mean that children have no rights!

Here we go yet again, up on your perch looking down squaking

flowchart.jpg

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..