Apart from Equus ferus - what's everyone eating?

ayjay

Marmite! The Devils vomit e020.gif

Nonsense: during the early stages of fermentation when beer is brewed, much froth is produced - this froth is skimmed off and sent away to be turned into Marmite - it's beer in another form - nothing to do with the Devil.

The ordinary Marmite is now only a pale imitation of what it used to be - hence the XO (extra old) it's worth the extra. :icecream:

Sausages tonight - just off to start cooking them.

I had some cauliflower and a cheese sandwich

Why marmite is so expensive i will never know ,as the amount of yeast is larger at the end of fermentation breweries in reality would have to pay to dump it so the cost must be very small to the marmite fairies who make it ,i have a hundred or so of tubes of army yeast extract vacuumed packed away its distinctly not marmite like but fine if there was a marmite famine ,at least doesnt taste like that nancy girl OZ version (yuk)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nonsense: during the early stages of fermentation when beer is brewed, much froth is produced - this froth is skimmed off and sent away to be turned into Marmite - it's beer in another form - nothing to do with the Devil.

The ordinary Marmite is now only a pale imitation of what it used to be - hence the XO (extra old) it's worth the extra. :icecream:

Sausages tonight - just off to start cooking them.

It's still Devil puke :yucky:

Crab paste sarnie for lunch, egg and bacon sarnie for dinner :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

yummy yummy yummy I have horse in my tummy

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

Ken,

PLlleeeeze! True, I was born at night, it just wasn't last night. Your post should be in a fiction topic.

Phone

Fiction or not, I've dropped one trouser size in a month and the ones I've got on are now so loose that I'm not far off having to go out and buy some new ones.

I can live with dropping four inches off my waist in a couple of months and expect to build on that when I get home and start ramping up the excersise routine.

Oh, and yesterday was a two egg omlette for breakfast, fruit salad for lunch and chicken tikka for dinner.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Tonight =Chicken sweetheart cabbage, sprouts, swede, carrots,broccoli, garden peas,for dinner

Bran flakes and fruit for breakfast

Lunch, fish {haddock } with mushy pea's

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Ken,

I'm thin - but I do remember the Atkins Diet that was a real fad some years ago.

Phone

Yes, old man Atkins has some insights into appetite supression and mixed it up with a very large helping of quackery.

His ideas about a high protein diet and avoidance of high carb foods that cause sugar levels you yo-yo work in terms of appetite supression but the whole eat as much fat as you like and ignorring basic nutrition were nonesense as was most of what he had to say about changing metabolic pathways.

I find that avoiding the empty carbs and having lots of salads and fruit with my fish, chicken or steaks very easy to do when I'm out in the tropics like now but the rejection of a nice cold beer in favour of soda water takes a bit more willpower - especially when I'm out with friends.

Hopefully, having got used to much smaller portion sizes here, it will be easy enough to carry that on when I get home.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.