Your Favourite reel of all time?

Dave H

We have all had plenty of reels over the years. what is/was your favourite for the reel itself or for other personal reasons?

These are according to some souce are the best baitrunners on the market...

http://carp-fishing-reels.com/baitrunner-reels/

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spro Redarc

http://www.spro.nl/redarc/UK/redarc-uk.html

Simply the best reel with the best drag that I have used.

My other favourite is the Dam CTE closed face reel. I use one all the time.

Landed a 19lb carp on 4lb line and a 14' Shakespeare President match rod on one a couple of weeks ago. The drag actually works.

Lastly Okuma Interceptor Bait runner. Have had 3 of these since they first came out. They have been abused and neglected and still work perfectly.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Mine favourites have to be the two reels I've had the longest. My Match Aerial, bought new in 1968 and still going strong. The other my ABU 501, bought in 1974/5 (I can remember which), and again still going strong. Other reels have come and gone, but these two have been my main 'work horse' reels, and never let me down.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Abu 506 ,simple design ,simple to service and still parts available for it

Worst (among many ) abu 507mk2 no spare parts after 5 years twice as heavy as the original 4 times more fragile

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1st The Witcher Aerial because it just goes about its job without you really knowing that it’s there.

2nd The Allcocks Match Aerial because it was a brilliant mass produced centrepin of its time and is still one of the best you can buy.

3rd The Mitchell 300 because it did everything and lasted forever (until some scrote nicked mine).

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Intrepid Continental. It was my first fixed spool reel and allowed me to reach the parts that the centrepin couldn't reach. It also had collets that reduced the capacilty of the reel, saving on line

Mitchell 300s, which I still use and my 3 have never let me down

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Spro Redarc

http://www.spro.nl/redarc/UK/redarc-uk.html

Simply the best reel with the best drag that I have used.

My other favourite is the Dam CTE closed face reel. I use one all the time.

Landed a 19lb carp on 4lb line and a 14' Shakespeare President match rod on one a couple of weeks ago. The drag actually works.

Lastly Okuma Interceptor Bait runner. Have had 3 of these since they first came out. They have been abused and neglected and still work perfectly.

All ive known are interceptors, used others but I always prefer my interceptors. Feel like they should cost more than £25-£30

got the ibf30, 40 and 50.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

1st The Witcher Aerial because it just goes about its job without you really knowing that it’s there.

2nd The Allcocks Match Aerial because it was a brilliant mass produced centrepin of its time and is still one of the best you can buy.

3rd The Mitchell 300 because it did everything and lasted forever (until some scrote nicked mine).

Can't comment on the first but the Match Aeriel can't be faulted and Mitchell 300s and the spin-offs are just brilliant especially when updated with modern carbon drag discs.

Plus of course (but I am biased) the Worms series of 'pins and multiplier are just some of the best reels I've ever used... :bleh:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

best open faced reel the mitchell 410 (faster than a 300 ,no clunky dab bailarm of the match 440) never found a better modern alternative that felt as natural

best closed faced reel abu 507 mk1 never found a better modern alternative ,thats felt as natural

Best centrepin the browning revolver ,although i'll admit to coverting other equally nice reels

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve