GRAYLING BASH...TIMSBURY MANOR...NOV 12th

argyll

Dodging carp sounds good to me never had a carp out of a river before, what did you fail to dodge them with?

Look at my earlier post re the top pool on the slow carrier, I had nice big ghostie. Catching Roach was more difficult only ever had a couple between 4-8oz.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Budgie, my first fish last year was a 10oz roach fishing from the bridge at the end of the slow carrier, Fabulous looking swim: small wier with a nice trot down to the trees with lots of slack areas, Hooked what I thought was a large brownie which burnt my thumb as it steamed off only to have it break my 4lb hooklength as I tried to stop it make the tree roots but had a lovely common around 7lb a bit later on so suspect the earlier fish was a carp also.In all I fished that swim for around five hours on the day and was really surprised that there were no further roach as it looked really fishy. Really "sipped" off I cant make this year, Can anyone tell me if they restrict the coarse fishing in the week and what the procedure is to book / pay etc. To all going have a fabulous day and I look forward to the fish in reports. :)

Don't know the full SP on the coarse fishing , but I assume you can book as an individual on any day. Check on 01264 365165 (Mr Dear)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Guest Ferret1959

post-1326-1130620877_thumb.jpg

I'm not doing Timsbury this year - BUT there IS a good chance of the EA showing up. I was chatting to an EA bailiff at a club meeting a couple of years ago and he admitted that some of his colleagues lurk on boards like this! We had an EA baillif turn up on the 1st ever fish in I organised for AN on the Kennet- Notable for it's attrocius weather and for Dave (Ferret1959) vacating a swim just before a tree fell in it! :o

C.

Not something I wanna do again so if the winds picks up I'm off.:D :D

Ok Dunk. I'll pm you. We'll probably be one or two over the twenty but Timsbury are happy with that

Edited by argyll

Sorry chaps no barbeque. Timsbury have a barbeque rack but will not allow us to use it. They will however provide a barbeque lunch for £150. Neither will they allow me to bring a barbeque and use that instead. They seem to have learned a few new money making tricks since last year.

numbers are now 19 definite, plus three probables.

Edited by argyll