Ebola

Ken L

Fairly clever for about 400 spanish people ,the sword and disease tend to work on the unadvanced ,as do the gun and bomb on the slightly more advanced,trouble is nowadays with arms sellers the opposition can be as nearly well armed as you.

I still believe the end of mankind will be more disease than war and most probably a man made disease that has few symptons and fast acting and with this crazy open borders stuff can be world wide in hours ,luckily i live in the country but unlike america we dont have the weapons nor rights in law to hand to stop outsiders bringing it here ,what plaques could come here at the end of ramadam when the world congregates here ,i think i will not venture out much until they go away LOL

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of agree but i think a lethal chemical outbreak by some nutter . Now Isreal are flexing their muscles it might not be long !

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Nah won't be chemical, chemicals are good for clearing underground systems, buildings, small towns etc but end of world stuff (ignoring self reproducing nano tech) no, far more likely to be viral of nature and then could go either way of naturally evolving of something thats been tinkered with.

It could be chemical if you bioengineered something to produce it. A GM organism that excretes lots of Botulinum toxin, for example.

True but dissemination is the problem with chemicals no matter how they're produced you could have tons of the stuff but you've still got to spread it planet wide without being discovered and/or stopped (why would a rogue state try to exterminate the worlds population including itself ? doomsday cult perhaps but then the aum shinrikyo already tried that rather unsuccessfully using both botulinum toxin and sarin gas), biological weapons/infectious diseases spread themselves quite merrily but even then you going to have some people with a natural immunity I don't know of a single disease that has a 100% fatality rate.

Edited by snakey1

That would be the point of engineering something to secrete it - that would be the dispersal mechanism. Imagine some sort of pernicious and fast spreading weed, engineered to secrete large quantities of botulinum toxin in all parts, particularly the pollen. That would be the hayfever from hell!

Nobody with the resources to do that is mad enough, I hope.

Back of a fag packet maths, a lethal dose of botox by inhalation for a 70kg human is about four pollen grains worth. Or 400 if you could get the plant to secrete 1% botox by mass of grains.

Yes, it's a bit of a grey area! But what makes biological weapons so dangerous is the "genie out of the bottle" aspect, and I think the only way you could replicate that with a chemical weapon would be to use self-replicating biotech to create and disperse it. At which point, as you say, it's arguably a biological weapon.