£70 million..........

ayjay

You say that every time. :rolleyes::D

Damn it ,its true!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

................of your money is what it cost.

But what was it spent on? :o

Something that is meant to fly ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

ayjay,

We take our football very seriously. Drew Breez makes 51 million all by himself.

I guess soccer is a second tier sport.

Phone

I've never heard of Drew Breez.

Many footballers wage deals have reached ridiculous proportions in my view.

There is just one thing though, football and soccer are the same thing. If you are referring to the American bastardised version of Rugby: that is American football, it's the only way to avoid any confusion.

ayjay,

Ohh - !! You mean your national institute of grapheme.

Phone

Do we have one? .............or do you mean graphene?

Whichever, to my mind, the real answer is still way more stupid.

special education needs are getting a 70 mill boost!

another wad load of cash to help lazy kids with lazy parents get a dead end job in McDonalds flipping burgers when there are genuine cases of children needing support and help who don't get the chances they need!

if your kid comes to school in this day and age and isn't labelled with adhd, hyperactivity or some other form of disruptive label that a damn good kick in the pants wouldn't resolve then its a freak!!!

took a SEN child fishing with me last week on our CEW week outing....he struggles in class with reading and writing and general learning...supposedly has ADHD....

sat quiet as a mouse next to me for 3 days!! learned how to tie hooks on, how to cast, how to rig wagglers....even had him writing down what he caught and measuring them before releasing again!

nothing wrong with that boy that a little time and patience and treating him like a human being wouldn't resolve!!!

instead hes stuck in classes where they spend their days colouring in word searches, playing maths computer games and generally being allowed to act like a sentient lump of porridge!!

Edited by kirisute

3 days boy schools changed since my day.

Yes plain old bad kids dont exist ,bad parenting and bad kids are now excused with a medical "problem"

My kids got cjd (or whatever ) no lady its probably spoilt or ignored

Read some ebay descriptions how on earth can you get away with no schooling at all! Trouble is bad kids drag the whole class down to their level, at least grammar schools creamed of the more able to avoid this

And yes i think theres genetically bad kids teaching wont help just as theres genetically evil ones and genetically clever and able ones ,in the case of schooling the better kids rarely pull the class up to their standard but vice versa ,if a teacher is going round in circles trying to instil knowledge in the less able or bad kid theres little chance to teach at a higher level for the able ones

Are there still grades of kids in different levels in each year? ,please dont tell me the systems changed so everyone is "equal "

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the system is that now you have weaker and more able students mixed throughout a class..unless your registered SEN (special needs) then, depending on your requirements, you might be in the "normal" class with the help of a reader or a scribe..or you might be allocated out of those classes into special SEN classes to help with reading/writing/math etc

so a standard class has a mix of high ability students, "normal" ability and SEN with support fro learning support assistants if required.

Its then down to the teacher to "differentiate" their lesson throughout the class to involve all levels of learning.

this, in practice, leads to the teacher letting the high ability pupils finish the set work and basically work on their own; whilst having to keep standard pupils on task whilst juggling low ability pupils and their constant needs for support and extra explanations.

why? because its considered victimisation to not allow low ability/sen pupils into a mixed ability classroom....so you end up with an entire eco system of SEN pupils requiring LSA (learning support assistant) throughout lessons and then special provision for those pupils with extra lessons in the basics.

Schools of course get extra benefits (financially) for SEN pupils...so its in a schools interest to have systems in place and possibly even have SEN pupils on register just from a financial point of view.

Does that promote issues where pupils are labelled SEN when they really shouldn't be? im pretty sure it does!

as you say: parents, genetics etc all play a part as well...

parents accepting what they are told; behaviour issues being listed as full special needs diagnosis etc

Im all for helping pupils with genuine issues and needs..but the system is now being overrun and the rest of the teaching/learning of pupils is being effected because political correctness is forcing issues.

it might not be politically correct to accept the fact that certain pupils will never, ever, no matter how much they have private tuition, special help or support be able to pass exams or reach certain "educational "levels...sadly though that is a cold hard fact! for whatever reasons.

our beloved government doesn't see it that way though and sets standards for which every pupil needs to attain...meaning schools have to provide that support and that level of nurturing no matter what!

most teachers I know are pulling their hair out at the situations they are in...having to juggle highly dependant pupils with highly skilled pupils and somehow get them all through to a set level of achievement.

Back to the lad who was fishing with me: in all honesty he will never get grades or exams he needs! its not going to happen for him! that's not being cruel, its being honest! However if we saw fit to educate him correctly he could certainly be capable of building work, plumping, or all manner of other such jobs where his mental focus could be turned from academia to more manual skilled bases! and that's not meaning to insult him or demean him! that's how he learns! even in 3 days I saw him learn by doing, rather than by reading...so he is capable. sadly our education system will let him down!

................of your money is what it cost.

But what was it spent on? :o

Is it how much the Angling Trust has claimed, through Government, to fund Mr Fairbrass and his "saving angling", carp lake project?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Genetically evil ?? Not sure an evil gene exists, sure some people may have a predisposition to become evil but I doubt its soley genetic they would have to be a number of other factors involved imo, certainly according to some the number of people with psychopathic traits is on the increase but not all psychopaths are demented killers (a lot of very successful business people could be classed as having psychopathic personality traits) and some people even think psychopaths are the next step on the evolutionary ladder.

Back on topic I'm not sure if it would be considered as actually spent on but this piece http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21355200 reckons the government wastes upto £70 million trying to decipher unnecessarily complicated financial spreadsheets.

Edited by snakey1

I think its probably genetics ,loners...pulling wings off flies...killing schoolkids the sequence is there from an early age ,if you can be genetically more able to do anything then evil (bad stuff) must have to be included..

Cory recons it doesnt exist (genetic influence to excel at something) its down to hard work but if you inherit anything it must be genetic so there must be genetic traits to do things .

Not saying the parents are evil ,child geniuses ,brilliant piano players etc but perhaps theres a genetic flaw that works somehow ,in some it makes them become more able to excel in some they find they excel at less welcome things

We may have unravelled all the genes but we only can guess what they do under the surface ,some people are genetically more likely to catch types of cancer perhaps some are pre programmed to do things we consider evil?

If we could find the gene can we change the person ? More probably make them control whatever if does but that only works when they have control ,a burst of anger and the trait takes over

Hate lies just under the surface of everyone ,it may never show up if its not triggered ,my brother is a model citizen well until someone upsets him in his car then he is hitting the steering wheel like a loony

Just heard the gov will give 2 million to restore that pier ,why its private property ,it was uninsured and two fires previously didnt give the idiots to install sprinklers yet surrounded by an inexhaustible source of water .

Its nothing like the original pier let the owners pay and insist they do like any council would if your house is listed

Edited by chesters1