Anglers Net Members Relay

John E Ashford

Anglers Net Members Relay

We are looking to build a relay system, where items held by one member can be passed to another member and another, until the item reaches it's destination.

Our first trial item is an Electric Smoker from Somerset to Leicestershire.

The item will be passed over to the next member situated on each stage of its journey.

The journey can be watched as each member posts his or her collection/delivery to the next member on Anglers Net.

Our Friend and Member ziggy searchfield with Mrs Becky, have agreed to part with the Electric Smoker and we need to get it from Somerset to Leicestershire.

If this trial is successful we may open doors for other members to send items, Rods etc. Cutting out the expense of courier and other carrier services.

The Anglers Net Relay does depend on many members taken part, but it will also aid many members wishing to move items to other members.

A simple voluntary pick up and pass on is what we are looking for, so who's up for it.

We need a start from ziggy searchfield's Somerset.

Who's going to start. ;)

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anglers Net Members Rely

We are looking to build a rely system, where items held by one member can be passed to another member and another, until the item reaches it’s destination.

Our first trial item is an Electric Smoker from Somerset to Leicestershire.

The item will be passed over to the next member situated on each stage of its journey.

The journey can be watched as each member posts his or her collection/delivery to the next member on Anglers Net.

Our Friend and Member ziggy searchfield with Mrs Becky, have agreed to part with the Electric Smoker and we need to get it from Somerset to Leicestershire.

If this trial is successful we may open doors for other members to send items, Rods etc. Cutting out the expense of courier and other carrier services.

The Anglers Net Rely does depend on many members taken part, but it will also aid many members wishing to move items to other members.

A simple voluntary pick up and pass on is what we are looking for, so who’s up for it.

We need a start from ziggy searchfield’s Somerset.

Who’s going to start. ;)

I would like to give it a go john , but on this particular trip i'm a little too far north to help you out.

But put me down as one , if needed in the future i'm here to help! :)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I'll move this over to the non-fishing forum (not everyone on AN is into sea fishing) but will keep a link open on this one.

Sorry I can't help on this one (I live too far north), but definitely willing to help out on future 'moves' :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I'll move this over to the non-fishing forum (not everyone on AN is into sea fishing) but will keep a link open on this one.

Sorry I can't help on this one (I live too far north), but definitely willing to help out on future 'moves' :)

I'm the same as John but will help if I can in the future.

John can you change the title to relay, I wondered what we were relying on at first. :unsure:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. I travel to and from Oxford from time to time too. So count me in.

Edited by Lid