Shilpa Shetty should not have taken it so seriously

Guest long-trotter

This isn't racism at all. This isn't a case of people motivated by a belief that their race and colour is better than another's.

It's just ignorant freaks lashing out at somebody due to envy, and commenting on anything they can to support their feeble position. As others have said, it's straight from the playground, and I'm sure that if Shilpa wore glasses, someone would have called her "four eyes" by now.

The problem is that others are labelling this behaviour as racism. Tony Blair jumping up and down saying "we should oppose racism in all its forms" is correct, but has absolutely nothing to do with a bunch of mentally disadvantaged people groping for words to attack someone with. It leads directly to the idea that it's ok to insult others in some ways but not others. As Shilpa herself said, her attackers need to learn some manners. This isn't racism, it's simply a lack of respect.

Good posts from Sportsman.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a very sensitive subject, if someone from the outside seen these posts it would probably been seen as racism, im not fully aware of the situation in the nut house but i did hear of the comment one girl made, along the lines of "i wish she would go the hell back home" some people ( the bitter twisted argument crap stiring arogant people ) will see that as "i wish she would go the hell back to pakistan"

i believe she actualy meant home as in where she is living, her very expensive house not country of origin.

this is all the ammo people need and is enough to start another racism debate, esspecialy with iraq being in the media so much.

another example of jumping on the band wagon is the little asian boy who aledge he had his hair cut off by bullies in a racist motivated attack, a few days earlier it was all over the news, marching on the street, people argueing. it turned out the boy had lied.

people are too quik to jump down peoples throat when they might think they are being racist and it always sizzles away till the next stupid thing comes along.

and why is it always the most pety thing, they nit pick over nothing. once the nut house is off the air it will all be done and dusted and nobody will remember

i rest my case

yes rabbit im serious

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Guest long-trotter

It's interesting no one has commented on the real purpose of my post, a judge telling one of our surgeons he should not have taken it so seriously when he was abused, I find it worrying a judge should hold such a view.

I have only seen glimpses of Big Bigot oops!! Big Brother :rolleyes: and caught what has been on the news.

LT

It's interesting no one has commented on the real purpose of my post, a judge telling one of our surgeons he should not have taken it so seriously when he was abused, I find it worrying a judge should hold such a view.

I have only seen glimpses of Big Bigot oops!! Big Brother :rolleyes: and caught what has been on the news.

LT

i agree and as someone who works in the health service we get enough equality and diversity training so that racial abusing a work mate should not happen

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

It seems to me, that racism is in the eye and mind of the beholder in most cases. It's the 'buzz' word that seems to be everywhere or not, depending on your perception and mind set at the time. No body has answered my post # 6. These are words that are used by media and public alike, with no come back.

It seems that, (as we've said on here before), it is how a word is perceived as much as it is intended, that causes the problem. If I was arguing with someone who was black, Asian, bald, Scots, spotty, one armed or whatever, and I used that word to describe them, to some, it would be classed as an 'ism. Inferring that I am attacking everyone with the same background, disability etc. Where as, to me, I am arguing with, and insulting that individual, not any other. Then someone jumps up and down, and cries "racism" or any other term that they deem suitable, without knowing, or even thinking about the intent.

This undermines anyone who tries to stamp out 'true' racism.

I nearly lost a job through this. After nearly 12 months out of work through, (another), redundancy. I started at a firm, and in the first week a black guy came looking for work. The boss wasn't about, so I gave the guy a time to call back, and the name of the person he should ask for. Later I was called to the office and told in no uncertain terms, that if a black or Asian came to the door, I was to say "no vacancies". I argued, but, due to my time off work, and the scarcity of jobs at the time, I'm ashamed to say that I backed down.

This is true racism at work, and to pick on every little word uttered by, childish, ignorant people with the IQ of a maggot, only trivialises the real issues.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Saying she shoulf f*** off back home.

Calling her "the Indian".

Asking her if she lives in a house or a shack.

Mocking her accent.

Suggesting she wants to be white (when bleaching facial hair).

Saying Indians are all thin because they don't know how to cook properly.

When is that not racist?!

The press have swirled it into a hurricaine of hysteria and blown it out of proportion, however I believe this behavious is racist. But taking these idiots off the show will mean they are sneaked out and protected.

I for one would much rather see them do thier time in there and then get ripped to shreads when they come out to the baying masses, then they'll realise that such bigotry is revolting and un called for.

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I agree to a point Gozzer, but it's a bit like the zero tolerance idea in Policing. If you let people get away with a little they will soon be trying for a lot. Calling someone a Paki on a garbage TV show may not be too important in itself. What about calling someone a N******, would that be as acceptable ? Where do you draw the line ?

Paki is not a descriptive term, it is a derogatory term used, by a certain section of the community, to describe anyone from the sub continent. Most using it probably don't know that there is more than one country anyway and it is used in an unthinking sort of way most of the time. I find it's use offensive and would not have anything to do with an individual who used it.

I agree that this is a fuss about very little and the politicians getting involved, well that's what Politicians do, it is why they are Politicians

The only winner in all of this is Channel 4 and the cynical advertisers who will see the increase in viewing figures and use them to promote their shoddy little products.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Ferret1959
No it is a compliment. They are white trash, chavs, trailer trash call them what you like. I said to myself that they were nowt but white trash long before Jermain did.

I'll second that. A real classy girl. The other three harridans are not fit to lick her boots.

What you REFUSE to understand because you don't want to is that it is considered DEROGATORY.

Ah but what you refuse to accept is the content it's used.

'The Paki lad down our street is a nice helpfull lad unlike the Paki bastrd who stole my wallet.'

See what I mean.

That sentance was a example.

We ain't got any Pakis down our street. :rolleyes::thumbs: