FTAO Snatcher....

Norrie

Looking forward tae meeting the new and old faces :thumbs: even Norries :bleh:

Ditto shortstuff !!! :):)

John, In reply to the question about "when did it take off ??"....I have a few Sea Angling books, and can find only TWO referances in them re Angling in the Sound,for Commons....there is one book, Sea Fishing in Scotland, that mentions them in the far north and south of the Sound, nearer Oban TBH, and there is one mention of Commons, in Paul Youngs book...about a trip out of Tobermory in 1995 (I think it was). But that is all I have...in a collection of maybe 800 books....:( Now, there are LOADS of articles about fishing for Commons, but they are all, from places like, Kinsale,Cornwall and the like....

so TBH, and I hate having to say it......but,it seems as tho our Davy is a groundbreaker !!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Right Davy...get the cheque in the post mate !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I hate having to say it......but,it seems as tho our Davy is a groundbreaker !!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Right Davy...get the cheque in the post mate !!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not quite a ground breaker when it comes to finding the area.. I was shown the area by another gentleman .. however the rest of it is history so to speak :)

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Not quite a ground breaker when it comes to finding the area.. I was shown the area by another gentleman .. however the rest of it is history so to speak :)

Aye.good enough matey,,,but whats that saying..." you can take a horse to water " ........ :D :D

Theocritis..

20 pages on this thread so far,not bad going.What is the record I wonder?? On my return plan to fill quite a bit of a page myself with reports and pictures . That clock is ticking :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

20 pages on this thread so far,not bad going.What is the record I wonder?? On my return plan to fill quite a bit of a page myself with reports and pictures . That clock is ticking :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Morning John...well, I dont know the record length thread on AN...BTW, we are talking real threads here, eh??, not those "word" ones....BUT, at the time, the thread I started about Skate Fishing,(which started me on the search for the "Holy Grail" of fish) in 2002, was the longest thread......he he he.. :yeah: .mibbes I'll beat my own record with this one Eh??? :rolleyes:

A new PB, and I aint been fishing yet...canny complain at that !!! :thumbs:

Hey, and its 20 pages...with not ONE argument !!!!! See, it can be done !!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Theocritis..

aye but the poor shmucks onboard have to put up with those stinking oily rags of yours :yucky:

Oily rags??????

That's my secret weapon. The tope love em. They stay on the hook well too

slapped with a wet kipper , has spike got them funny movies with him again then :clap2::headhurt::whistling::whistling::crazy::crazy:

You've seen that video too then :clap2: :clap2:

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Hey, and its 20 pages...with not ONE argument !!!!! See, it can be done !!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

20 pages and we aint been fishing yet .. hold on you could say it's more.. there was another thread started about the same trip was there not ???

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Off to the Lake District for the weekend,no arguing on this thread whilst I am away then :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy