Child poverty +

Dave H

I find it hard to take that in a 1st world country as rich as we are childrens poverty is over 2 million and soon will get worse , ten times more food banks since Cameron took over and will get worse. This week the disabled in their wheelchairs protesting of cuts were in the parliament building. I have never under any government seen so much cruelty where these people have to march on parliament.

The figures were put to Cameron and he totally dismissed it with his usual arrogance and non feeling. Who would believe he has a handicapped kid himself?

Whether rich or poor we should be ashamed of such actions to hit the needy no matter who you support on both sides of the house.

Dave you are posting on a forum where most of the participants just don't give a da,n about other people. Your p!ssing against the wind mate. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It's not that we don't give a damn...its that we are fed up the hind teeth with scroungers, scum, back stabbers, liars, cheats, thieves and general arseholes!

Oh...hmmmmm....ok you're right....that's most other people! Lol

• Like 1

It's not that we don't give a damn...its that we are fed up the hind teeth with scroungers, scum, back stabbers, liars, cheats, thieves and general arseholes!

Oh...hmmmmm....ok you're right....that's most other people! Lol

They would get more respect from me if they just told the truth.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Unlike some perhaps I do care about both child poverty and poverty in general.

I was just pointing out that the current definition of child poverty is nonsensical and not fit for purpose

I was just pointing out that the current definition of child poverty is nonsensical and not fit for purpose

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

We are living in the 21st century and people are still having to go to the church to get enough food to eat.

It's our society that is not fit for purpose.

• Like 2

Why do you think half the kids went to sunday school ,a free lunch ,and why some kids joined the scouts a free holiday .

Food banks are not new they came out into the open thats all

The cause isnt low wages its greedy landlords exploiting a housing shortage ,my sister who works in letting says 6 months is the standard term now so the old tenant leaves and the rent can be increased for the new one ,in long term tenancies its harder to raise rents without a reason

Round here a double room at a grand a month is pretty normal ,i pity kids trying to leave the nest no wonder some get in the club to escape ,so if you try to get a room on basic wage theres nothing left to exist on ,therefore the benefit system is the only escape ,you dont have to be on the dole to get benefits probably half the population (if not far more) get benefits of some kind without them a great number of people would be living in the gutter and eating out of it .the trouble is now the bill is so high its not sustainable ,no fault of anyone in particular thats what happens in civilised countries ,easy to fix if the gov dont give a crap in those dodgy regimes

The trouble is were using money we need propping those dodgy regimes up ,we are possibly giving foreigners a better lifestyle than our poor just to look like we have money to throw away and not lose face

On the other hand theres this nonsense we need foreign labour ,we obviously do not we still have unemployment but industry demands we need cheap labour to keep wages down ,our families should not live in one room like foreigners do in slums then go home with a wad of money they need decent standards but foreign labour keeps wages down so the gap between wages and rent grows larger .

Industry doesnt give a damn ,if johny foreigner demands more they simply get rid of them theres plenty more that will work for less when theres unlimited immigration

Y ex bro in law ran a dozen or so lorries ,he desperately tried to be loyal to his drivers but the competition used poles who worked for less so in the end just to compete he had to ,now they are long gone and half his crew are from nepal (ex army gurkas not sure what the others are but no poles ) so low pay has only a downward spiral once it starts ,even if you try to be good to your employees to stay in business you have to exploit the exploitable

As a country we have always used cheap labour at the moment its china but once their cost of living rises and the workers demand a decent wage we will drop them like a stone and employ indians or african to make stuff we cannot make cheaply enough here

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I did not say that food banks were new. I was implying that it is a shame on all of us that they exist in the 21st century.

I agree with you on the greedy landlord point. In France the minimum let is three years.

I'm dismayed by the hard hearted attitudes of many of you. If I were religious I'd be praying that the lot of you fell on hard times.

Edited by corydoras

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Been there and survived so i can be hard ,been homeless and had to fight the council to get my rights ,lived in some real dives before getting married .

I must say though theres no shame any more ,i certainly wouldnt lie in full view in the high street like many do excepting handouts some simply consider it a job

Had the nagging pain of hunger many times as a kid my old man was in the navy some stranger use to appear and the food got better every few months but as i said theres poverty and just being poor .

If you drive to the food place and chuck it in the boot and take it home as i often see passing farnhams food bank your not in poverty by a long shot and having seen a few programs showing what goes in the "parcels" its certainly better stuff than the basics we buy so i can see the attraction

HA HA reminds me of my tryst with the local doo gooders ,one day i came home and some woman askked if i were mr granger ,i said yes and she handed me an envelope ,i presumed it was the local vicar and his advertising for christmas and gave it to the mrs (who opens unsoicited mail because she is sad) anyway it was a cheque for £87 ?!?! From some parochial trust .

I googled it and found it "gave" to the poor of the village ,now i am not poor i know poor and i am not that ,close sometimes i admit but i do have a bit of instilled shame so i found her house and popped it back through her door (very big house no doubt the owners are feeling guilty owning it so divert the guilt doing "good") with a letter telling them to give it to a really poor person ,not heard back from them since (titter) now if i had been poor i would have to had walked 3 miles to put it in the bank then walk home havnt the buggers heard of paypal!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Which part of "They Should Not Exist in 21st Century Britain" is hard to grasp Ken?