Child poverty +

Dave H

I have no problems with people being sanctioned. I do have an issue to people being forced into going to a faith based charity or any other charity to make ends meet.Food banks. Your the one who mentioned sanctions, not me.

I mentioned sanctions because they are a large part of the reason we have people using food banks.

So you want rid of sanctions, if not, and no food banks, then what?

I cant see your lips ,i have never been good at answering silly questions ,whats the opposite to orange?

Thats not a silly question. The opposite of black is white. The opposite of red is green. The opposite of orange is blue. All colours have opposites. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I mentioned sanctions because they are a large part of the reason we have people using food banks.

So you want rid of sanctions, if not, and no food banks, then what?

Your the one twaddling about sanctions. I never mentioned them once, apart from replying to you.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory,

do-gooder = idealist

pragmatist = realist

They are opposites in my book. Often your "problem" is you have no soul. I cannot think of a single contribution to the world or mankind by a "realist". They are, however superb critics.

Phone

Of course you could just be playing the game "pimp the world".

Cory,

do-gooder = idealist

pragmatist = realist

They are opposites in my book. Often your "problem" is you have no soul. I cannot think of a single contribution to the world or mankind by a "realist". They are, however superb critics.

Phone

Of course you could just be playing the game "pimp the world".

I don't beleive in "souls", but I think I have more "soul" than a lot of the heartless posters in this thread. I have ideals and I am pragmatic.

what is poverty is it based on victorian standards when 40% of kids died before 5 ,most went without meals in the day and shared shoes (one foot a plimsole the other a high heel then vice versa the other day?

i can remember going without meals and certainly nothing at dinnertime and my shoes holes had holes and that was the fifties

my kids got the christmas list toys but two years later and usually second hand ,they at times didnt starve but food was short

is poverty today only owning an playstation 3 ,just a 32" tv and only one pizza at dinnertime each?

we often note wandering around sainsburies how cheaps kids clothes are and there was no primark when we raiswd ours ,some people dont know what hard living is ,probably the tyical mother is blaming everyone else whilst smoking her fags and supping on her white lightning and crying she cant buy the brat the xbox it deserves so it doesnt get some "ism" or brain tumor because all the other kids have one and hers may get bullied

The daft thing chesters you can't compair Victorian times to the present day how many millionaires were ther in Victorian times we are talking about 2015 not 1915 and the gap between the have and the have nots is getting wider Cameron got very lucky in his term oil saved the day for him because belive me if oil prices had stated high everything petrol .food .energy priced would have kept rising .

Low income families are now being targeted by osborn and Cameron what the people are quite getting it's the Tory way showing it's ugly head if you are unfortunate to be at the bottom end of the scale hard hooking luck lets kick them down a bit more .

How the hell can you give millions tax cuts when percecuting the weakest in our society its the Tory way social unrest will come In a big way sooner or later in this country interest rates jumping oil priced jumping it's a ticking time bomb then we will see just how well off people really are .

Paul .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

How the hell can you give millions tax cuts when percecuting the weakest in our society its the Tory way social unrest will come In a big way sooner or later in this country interest rates jumping oil priced jumping it's a ticking time bomb then we will see just how well off people really are .

Paul .

Errm the millions you talk about are the ones at the lower end of the scale that have been taken out of paying income tax altogether by raising the tax threshold for them, did you miss that one?

Tell me what the opposition party would have done, any different? Your always slating the blues, what about the reds, have they any ideas or can they offer a solution to the overburdening social needs of 100 billion that the rest have to support. The gap is getting wider according to you, yet 1% of them pay 30% of the tax, should a bit praise be heaped for a change as apposed to the threat of disquiet in the ranks?

Say thank you also to the power house of the London capital that produced a mind boggling 30 billion surplus last year. Normally it's 5-10 billion and has been for years, in the age of austerity they have done rather well for u k ltd.

Well done to you folk on the morth east coast, nearly catching up with the amount and class of cod captures seen on the south coast already this year. BTW all the larger ones have been removed. ha ha ha. We were discarding ten pounders a couple of weeks ago, sniggs.

Edited by barry luxton
  • Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Dave you are posting on a forum where most of the participants just don't give a da,n about other people. Your p!ssing against the wind mate.

Yes i know mate and always have had in here but some are worth trying to educate although many are a lost cause.

And i put this to those that get **** off so much they feel they should mention it that they feel they are hounded by charities and that is......... 'really'?: :doh: .

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

The daft thing chesters you can't compair Victorian times to the present day how many millionaires were ther in Victorian times we are talking about 2015 not 1915 and the gap between the have and the have nots is getting wider Cameron got very lucky in his term oil saved the day for him because belive me if oil prices had stated high everything petrol .food .energy priced would have kept rising .

Low income families are now being targeted by osborn and Cameron what the people are quite getting it's the Tory way showing it's ugly head if you are unfortunate to be at the bottom end of the scale hard hooking luck lets kick them down a bit more .

Paul .

There were plenty of millionaires in victorian times ,they were the ones that put money into industries ,mining ,railways ,waterways etc etc that employed the poor (exploited if you like) you can be one today if your lottery ticket comes up but you bet theres far more people throwing money on the lottery instead of food hoping their number comes up.

Yes when you talk about poverty you have to compare it to something there must be a comparison to start from ,i gave a few choices

As i said some people today would consider themselves in poverty because they cant afford this years car ,theres being less well of ,poor ,very poor ,poverty stricken ,in abject poverty ,destitute just which poverty are we on about

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the issue isn't people are **** off with charity;

its, as Cory states, the issue of our society utterly failing!

we have a society where "i want it so I shall take it no matter what" is considered acceptable

where criminals are virtually protected with rights equal to the people they have harmed and destroyed

where taking money from the government without earning/ really needing it is considered a skill set and something to boast about.

our society is failing because nobody is willing to say "NO" and make that point stick.

the argument becomes circular:

can the country, as it stands, carry on? If we don't decrease national debt then there will be no financial stability to even being to recover.

but the rich are becoming richer so there must be something that be cut there?

but people are scamming the system so what can done there?

but the "do gooders" think we should welcome immigrant with open arms. (in answer to Cory; in my books a "do gooder" is someone who will blindly "do good" without considering the possible/probable harm it will result in. ie: picking up a baby bird; thereby ruining its bond with its mother, and forcing it to be come hand reared and cared for by humans. is there an opposite to such a person? dunno...to me that's a mute point)

but some immigrants do the jobs our own "lazy scum" cannot be bothered to do and pay tax by doing so!

but our own "lazy scum" cant get a job because they wont earn as much money as they do being lazy scum by actually doing an honest days work

but we need to send considerable sums of cash abroad for every bloody natural disaster that mother natures decides to spew forth

but maybe if we bail Greece out with huge wads of cash that in turn helps the EU which will in turn help our imports/exports

but "the poor" have a right to have as many children as they want!

but having 9 children and being poor essentially means you are taking more from the government that cant afford to feed the family you think you have a right to have?

but doesn't intelligence suggest that you work out financially if you can actually afford to have a child?

but an entire generation isn't educated enough to work because the education system is failing

but little jonny at school has a condition; but the school has to be seen to getting little jonny "the grades"

but surely...some people will never be able to "getting the grades" that's simple biology.

so little jonny gets supported to "get the grades" which end up being faked because the school has to hit achievement goals! he gets his exam paper read for him; he gets his answers typed for him; he never learns to spell, to act according to a given situation, to respect people, to earn something instead of being handed it with safety net after safety net ready to catch him! then he gets released on a world where there are no safety nets other than benefits! he cant read, he can barely write.

as harsh and as horrible and as nasty as it might sound: the UK is a diseased corpse ridden with more plagues than its possible to mention. The answer is whether it dies, or whether you perform harsh surgery to remove the diseased bits!

nobody here has the answer to that!

• Like 1