Disabled slur

Bluey

And if there were to be a crash and fire in the upturned car???? "hang on , i need this leg here then i need my crutches , oooh don't forget my blue badge" were his last comments to the fireman (already endangering his life , if not excessively so ) before the car exploded , killing the fireman aswell!!!

As for him driving a car better than most????? Naaar , not having that one for a minute. Maybe slower , but , not better.

Douglas Bader drove a Spitfire with no legs Carl, single handedly won the war against the Hun :bigemo_harabe_net-191:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you actually driven lately? ,he's never had an accident (myself only one and not to blame) in his life ,theres either bad drivers everywhere or the blind have licences,with the ball on the steering wheel he can turn very easily :D
I drive EVERY single day and believe it not......i've never had an accident. Unless you count the time when some p1llock on a motorcycle kicked my wing mirror off earlier this year. Ball on the steering wheel dosen't beat 2 hands on the wheel (as stated on your driving test) at all times. But that is NOT a skit in anyway shape or form to your friend.
Douglas Bader drove a Spitfire with no legs Carl, single handedly won the war against the Hun :bigemo_harabe_net-191:
Fair comment , but there wasn't and aren't millions of other planes in your way up there. Comparing the skies to the roads isn't a very good example

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

trouble is i read a piece sometime back in the paper a young chap who got a false leg was then disallowed benefits because he was "fit" again so in essence using that criteria bader was not disabled :angry:

pretty good hun fighter though still

"I drive EVERY single day and believe it not......i've never had an accident. Unless you count the time when some p1llock on a motorcycle kicked my wing mirror off earlier this year. Ball on the steering wheel dosen't beat 2 hands on the wheel (as stated on your driving test) at all times. But that is NOT a skit in anyway shape or form to your friend."

trouble is 99%+ of accidents are by those who have passed their test so quoting it isnt reasuring :P

"Fair comment , but there wasn't and aren't millions of other planes in your way up there. Comparing the skies to the roads isn't a very good example"

no but the majority up there at the time were deliberately trying to make him crasH :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil
And if there were to be a crash and fire in the upturned car???? "hang on , i need this leg here then i need my crutches , oooh don't forget my blue badge" were his last comments to the fireman (already endangering his life , if not excessively so ) before the car exploded , killing the fireman aswell!!! My point being.....he / she wouldn't (in no way shape or form) be quicker at escaping from the vehicle than an abled bodied person , hence the endangered fireman / men.

As for him driving a car better than most????? Naaar , not having that one for a minute. Maybe slower , but , not better.

On that basis, anyone over 6' 4" shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a car.....or anyone pregnant, and as for strapping little kids into seats they can't get out of, well we can't allow that either.

Quite frankly, I'm not actually sure why i'm wasting my fingerprints typing this, as you rarely think anything through before you post it up. You clearly have some serious issues surrounding the less abled, and thats a pity.

a chap i worked with was a recovery driver an otherwise perfectly fit chap was trapped by his foot in his car so no different from your example ,i bet theres far far fewer accidents by disabled drivers than fit ones

Maybe fair enough , but how many accidents are caused BECAUSE of disabled drivers?

Unable to make the turn

Parking on double yellows

Poor road judgement

And speed , not fast but slow can also create problems as stated in many police documentaries.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil
I drive EVERY single day and believe it not......i've never had an accident.

........and this proves what exactly?

Fair comment , but there wasn't and aren't millions of other planes in your way up there. Comparing the skies to the roads isn't a very good example

Trouble is, you can be a lousy driver and never get killed but their ain't too many poor pilots still around.

On that basis, anyone over 6' 4" shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a car.....or anyone pregnant, and as for strapping little kids into seats they can't get out of, well we can't allow that either.

Quite frankly, I'm not actually sure why i'm wasting my fingerprints typing this, as you rarely think anything through before you post it up. You clearly have some serious issues surrounding the less abled, and thats a pity.

Issues? Naar , not at all Phil. I believe we should all get along and live under the trees in a big commune wearing nothing but fig leaves as clothing , but , that ain't gonna happen.

As for thinking things through.....i am one of the very rare few that sees this life for what it actually is. I see as much "behind closed doors" life as say , a policeman and think i have a 'better than most' opinion of people than most joe-public.

using the driving test rules (you started it) you should drive taking in surrounding conditions and hazards so in reality you have the accidents not the disabled nor do they cause them in the majority as they are legally allowed to park on yellows just as far more do illegally .i wouldnt personally park on yellows but perhaps drop my mrs off on them ,park and then walk back then do the reverse and pick her up again ,but disabled drivers have occasionally no option but to.

if you want the disabled to sit at home 24/7 then fair does but they have lives too and good on them for getting out and about

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil
Maybe fair enough , but how many accidents are caused BECAUSE of disabled drivers?

Unable to make the turn

Parking on double yellows

Poor road judgement

And speed , not fast but slow can also create problems as stated in many police documentaries.

LOL, you really won't let this drop will you? <_<

I watched a land rover fail to make a turn recently. Bloke was disabled due to alcohol. How many on our roads are unfit due to drugs or drink?

If parking on double yellows was a reason someone shouldnt drive then most the private hire cars would be off the road (actually that sounds like a decent idea!!!)

Why should a disabled person have poor road judgment?

If EVERYONE refused to break the speed limits, and obeyed road signs, the death rate in this country would plummet PERIOD! I do however take your point that its the DIFFERENCE in speed between two cars that may cause an accident, not the actual speed itself.

........and this proves what exactly?

Trouble is, you can be a lousy driver and never get killed but their ain't too many poor pilots still around.

As i have already said Phil , comparing the skies to the roads is a no-brainer.

Simply because there aren't many 'joy-fliers' around who fancy pinching a 747 for a quick buzz.