Disabled slur

Bluey

Guest Brumagem Phil
What do they comment on and how would they know? Perhaps if you were up front with them about your disability it would stop them in their tracks.

I think you miss the point rabbit.........if you have a disability that isn't obvious like you have a limb missing etc, then people often assume you are blagging it. Tell me rabbit, why should I be 'up front' with a stranger about something as private as my health and personal finance. As far as i'm concerned they can naff off........its non of their business.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you miss the point rabbit.........if you have a disability that isn't obvious like you have a limb missing etc, then people often assume you are blagging it. Tell me rabbit, why should I be 'up front' with a stranger about something as private as my health and personal finance. As far as i'm concerned they can naff off........its non of their business.

Got to agree 100% with Phil, just because someone can't see your disabled it does not mean that your not and it is none of their business.

If someone knows a person is claiming disabled benefits and working ie bad back merchant lifting bags of compost etc. then there is a hot line for reporting that person.

But you obviously need to know the person is claiming the benefit and is not the carer who is entitled to have the sticker in the motor etc.

It is far to easy to misjudge a situation and from the original post on this topic the letter writer obviously knows very little, disabled people DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN ON, and if you are signing on YOU ARE DOING SO BECAUSE YOU ARE DEEMED TO BE FIT FOR WORK, and as such you would not be able to claim disability.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Not wishing to split hairs (there's a change :D) but you can claim DLA and still work and although I thought that the middle rate of the care component passported people into incapacity benefit (IB is not my area of expertise), I can find no reference to it on-line. I'm pretty sure that the mobility component wouldn't automaticaly passport someone into IB though.

Not sure if it's worth bothering with the dob in line myself unless you have good strong evidence and really wan't someone investigated. The last figures I saw quoted for this indicated that less than 3% of reported fraudsters ended up being prosecuted.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

OK I will try and put things into how I see without causing offence. i have to work to keep a roof over my families heads and provide food and pay all the ever increasing bills that are part of day to day survival. I cant afford holidays new cars or vans, I have to make good what I have. I have to earn at least £120 a day five days a week, if the weather allows it. If I cant work no one will help me. I have to work when I am ill, or when I would rather stay in bed or go fishing. but when I see obviously younger a perfectly able on the face of it men not wish to work I have to ask just who is the mug?

Is it any wonder then that the new influx of Eastern Europeans that are willing to work are making a success of it? In fact the Economy is so reliant on these people that we would all be worse off without them.

So yes it may be none of anybody's business and we can all naff off and sit back and enjoy the new Poland . <_<

Edited by Rabbit

It's in the leaflet that has gone out with every DLA award letter for the past 17 years.

Shame I am a WAR PENSIONER on a higher rate of mobility then eh Ken??? I don' suppose they send those to such cases as me??

And YES you CAN work whilst claiming IB! But anything over 16 hours and you start losing your benefit. And NO that is not made public!!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Shame I am a WAR PENSIONER on a higher rate of mobility then eh Ken??? I don' suppose they send those to such cases as me??

Strangely enough, I only wrote to the outreach guys for the Midlands area last week suggesting that they liase with the VA to try to encourage DLA claims from people who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have had the odd "Gulf war syndrome" claim but very few DLA claims relating to injuries from the current conflicts and this just struck me as strange.

War Pensions Mobility Supliment and Constant Attendance Allowance (Both supliments to war pension) pay at a higher rate than DLA and are concidered to be "overlapping benefits" so that there is usually no direct financial incentive to claim, but estabilshing an entitlement to DLA makes life much easier when trying to access services which are geared up for a predominently civilian population.

Just one example of what I mean is right here http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...399730/?lang=_e

No mention of war pensions there !

As you suggest, the motability finance scheme and vehicle excise duty exemptions are others.

Edit: Just realised that you wouldn't qualify for any rate of DLA Chris. You live in France and so would get knocked out at the first hurdle - although there was a court rulling in October that might change that.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not wishing to split hairs (there's a change :D ) but you can claim DLA and still work and although I thought that the middle rate of the care component passported people into incapacity benefit (IB is not my area of expertise), I can find no reference to it on-line. I'm pretty sure that the mobility component wouldn't automaticaly passport someone into IB though.

Not sure if it's worth bothering with the dob in line myself unless you have good strong evidence and really wan't someone investigated. The last figures I saw quoted for this indicated that less than 3% of reported fraudsters ended up being prosecuted.

you can only get IB if you'v worked in the two years previously when you make your claim otherwise its IS

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil
OK I will try and put things into how I see without causing offence. i have to work to keep a roof over my families heads and provide food and pay all the ever increasing bills that are part of day to day survival. I cant afford holidays new cars or vans, I have to make good what I have. I have to earn at least £120 a day five days a week, if the weather allows it. If I cant work no one will help me. I have to work when I am ill, or when I would rather stay in bed or go fishing. but when I see obviously younger a perfectly able on the face of it men not wish to work I have to ask just who is the mug?

Is it any wonder then that the new influx of Eastern Europeans that are willing to work are making a success of it? In fact the Economy is so reliant on these people that we would all be worse off without them.

So yes it may be none of anybody's business and we can all naff off and sit back and enjoy the new Poland . <_<

Sigh, as usual rabbit you've gone off on a wild tangent. :(

The point here is, you are not a doctor (or more important, taking this back on topic, the fellah in the magazine article isn't a doctor) and therefore he can't comment on anyones ailment purely on the basis of seeing someone fishing.

Additionally many people are proud and don't like to sit whinging so they adapt coping strategies which hide thier symptoms from people. For example, if you and I fished together (specially on one of my better days) then you wouldn't know there was anything srong with me.............doesn't mean I'm fit and well though, just means I APPEAR to be for the PERIOD OF TIME WE ARE TOGETHER.

Also, you'll know about the old British gallows humour and I'll often 'brag' about the kings ransom I get off the social to make light of a situation. Give or take a few coppers they pay me a tenner a day......a far cry from what you get. What kind of goodies do you think my tenner buys????

Rabbit , for what it's worth GOOD ON YOU . I feel that i am in exactly the same boat as you. There's tooooo many idle brits on this island that decide to put on a 'ailment' for the doctors to attain disability. I'm not knocking the disabled for one minute , but , there's too much of it going about , if not , then why so much influx from foreign countries (Poland for a start) into this country actively seeking and GETTING work? And all you hear down the local is.........."them poles , they're coming over here and pinching our jobs"

"Well , get up off your arses and get yourselves one of the jobs readily available instead of living off the state" is my only reply to them all.

Getting slightly back onto the thread , anyone who claims disability and is able to drive , fish , shop , travel to the coast , or basically get on with normal life BUT cease to work because of their disability, is in my mind a fraud.

http://www.remploy.co.uk/contact/

If places like the above are doing so well and in need of more applicants then surely there is help for all!!???

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil

Remploy just made a rake of people redundant, or don't they have SKY news in your local pub? <_<

In the previous part of your posting, I think you confused the unemployed with the disabled.........an easy mistake to make after a skin full of cheap lager with a stereotype chaser.

I really am left pondering how the likes of myself and others here would react if perhaps you or rabbit fell upon some kind of poor health issue (which to be fair could befall anyone at anytime)..........I just hope I'd be more charitible than you two. ;)