Anderoo

Hunting, shooting and fishing  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actively:

• Just fish
    • Fish and shoot
    • Fish and hunt
    • Fish, shoot and hunt

Still out on the rats as well at the mo, waiting for confirmation, one will be along shortly, no doubt. B)

Perhaps, but then again maybe not, that type of dogmatic christianity tends not to stand up well to even the most simple scrutiny. Or maybe its just that christians go to bed early? (I stayed up to watch match of the day).

No its a wee bonny hill top loch in Argyll.

Braw!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote - Emma2 - "There are revisionist anthropologist/historians who provide strong evidence to support the notion that 'christianity' predates the supposed birth of the mythalogical jesus character, and that the figure was invented to but a human element onto their philosophy. Christianity may have been cult of jewish paganism. As such it may have been relativley harmless, however after being imporrted to Europe it rendered the area a spiritual wasteland for 16 centuries.

And there are people who will "prove that the eath is flat"

The word Christian means 'follower of Christ', so how can it predate the birth of Christ?

By the way you reference to "mythological" person of Jesus is wrong - whilst Christians search to prove beyond doubt the things done by him (and, funnily, the more they search, the more they find!) the actual existence of Christ is no longer in question! He is even mentioned in the Quran!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

the actual existence of Christ is no longer in question! He is even mentioned in the Quran!

Fantastic, it says so in the Q'uran, so it must be true? :D

The theory of the jesus character predating christianity, the earliest christians being a group of nostic philosophers with a bluprint for social life whe needed a character to hang the ideas on is to me far more plausable than all that 'virgin birth' stuff and the shameless hi-jacking of an ancient pagan festival hang it on.

Books are full of all kinds of strange characters, doing all manner of incredible things, however that doesnt necessarily make them real!

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

What a great thread, Its refreshing to see that by and large no personal attacks have been made,

Klienie I am bring up a comment that you made in a post about two years ago, That when you where resident in South Africa you you owend a hand gun one wich you purchased and was trained to use by the local police. This was after the horendus murder of a colaegue and friend,Wich must have been terrible for you and I am genuinliy sorry. But, and im sorry to have to use this as a comparison how on earth can the ownership of a hand gun wich realy has only one practical application sit with your faith, At some piont If the worst happend you would have been put in a position to have had to of used it,Now I would have made you one hundred percent right to protect yourself and your loved ones but it would have involved the real possibillity of you takeing a life,

is your Chistianity a reawakening or have you been a Christian all your life?

Also untill Jesus arived ( I have absoulutley no dout he existed ) the concept of The Christ existed a lot of poeple where waiting for him unless I am mistaken So would not followers of that particular doctorine been Pre Jesus Christians?

Also isnt there a passage in the Bible about the beasts of the earth and the fruits of land being put here for mans benifit I wouldnt know the proper phraseing of the passage let alone what part of the bible or any it was taken from nor would I agree with it, I just heard an old Rasta freind of mine who was quite a pious chap use it to justify a healthy Ganga crop he had at the end of an abandond allotment. :lol:

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Quote - Emma2 - "There are revisionist anthropologist/historians who provide strong evidence to support the notion that 'christianity' predates the supposed birth of the mythalogical jesus character, and that the figure was invented to but a human element onto their philosophy. Christianity may have been cult of jewish paganism. As such it may have been relativley harmless, however after being imporrted to Europe it rendered the area a spiritual wasteland for 16 centuries.

And there are people who will "prove that the eath is flat"

The word Christian means 'follower of Christ', so how can it predate the birth of Christ?

By the way you reference to "mythological" person of Jesus is wrong - whilst Christians search to prove beyond doubt the things done by him (and, funnily, the more they search, the more they find!) the actual existence of Christ is no longer in question! He is even mentioned in the Quran!

Christianity may be no more than a rehash of the Horus, Isis, and Osiris 'trinity'. KB Even if you could prove 100% that your omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, immutable, eternal god existed, I could not worship him, for he is a monster.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Also untill Jesus arived ( I have absoulutley no dout he existed ) the concept of The Christ existed a lot of poeple where waiting for him unless I am mistaken So would not followers of that particular doctorine been Pre Jesus Christians?

Also isnt there a passage in the Bible about the beasts of the earth and the fruits of land being put here for mans benifit I wouldnt know the proper phraseing of the passage let alone what part of the bible or any it was taken from nor would I agree with it, I just heard an old Rasta freind of mine who was quite a pious chap use it to justify a healthy Ganga crop he had at the end of an abandond allotment. :lol:

FB Pre christian christians were called Jews.

Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."" Perhaps?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

FB Pre christian christians were called Jews.

Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."" Perhaps?

That could be the Passage Cory thank you,

Jews, Yes of course even a man of limited wit, like my self new that much, but within Juidisum there where Sects and Cults this was the piont I was trying to make. :D

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Funny you should choose that passage. Do you honestly believe that we are in God's image? This is why me, as an analytical chemist, can believe as we are constantly evolving and WILL, one day, be in "his" image! If you want to further this discussion, make a new thread!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Funny you should choose that passage. Do you honestly believe that we are in God's image? This is why me, as an analytical chemist, can believe as we are constantly evolving and WILL, one day, be in "his" image! If you want to further this discussion, make a new thread!

Hi Kleinboet, I'm intrigued by your theory, and would like to hear more.

I will open a thread in the Non Fishing forum, and (if you don't mind) paste your comments onto it.

See you over there.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

That could be the Passage Cory thank you,

Jews, Yes of course even a man of limited wit, like my self new that much, but within Juidisum there where Sects and Cults this was the piont I was trying to make. :D

There are other verses very similar to that throughout the Bible FB.