E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I voted to leave, but that had nothing to do with immigration. I voted to not join in 1975 and have seen no reason after 40 years in the EU to change my mind.

It's bad enough having a raft of corrupt self serving politicians in our own parliament, but whilst in the EU we have a whole other tranche of the buggers deciding what we can and can't do.

That alone is enough for me, if we can also stem the flood of economic migrants that can only be a good thing, (for the UK).

For 40 years I've had to put up with feeling like I'm living in an occupied country, led by a puppet government controlled from Brussels. A great many remain supporters have never known any other way.

In 1975 I voted to join the 'Common Market', my vote this time, apart from the reasons I've already given, was partly through guilt. Guilt that I was one of those who brought us to this. Had I been more astute, or less naïve, I would have seen what was to come, and tried to convince those around me to vote no. With each 'Treaty' that's been passed over the years, without consultation with the people it affects, I have felt more betrayed by, and frustrated with, each Government that refused to give the people a say in their own futures.

At the risk of being labelled racist, or xenophobic, (what the hell, I've already had that), immigration was another big issue with me. I should say uncontrolled immigration, but it seems that many of the Remain camp can't see a difference. The signs I see that proclaim that we are a friendly nation, and all are welcome, make me shudder. These signs are usually carried by young people who are as naïve now, as I was back in 75, I hope that when they come to realise their naivety, it won't be with regret like I did, but with a feeling of relief, that we got out when we had the chance.

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Steve, there are millions of people who agree with you, me included, just not here. In fact now it's clear that 'project fear' should have been called 'project bleeding obvious' and the 'so-called experts' just 'experts', I wouldn't be surprised if it's now a majority of the population. But too late now - here we are.

• Like 2

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Those are the exact reasons i was for in looking to the future i think it was a big mistake to brexit what really amaizes me is just how naive some many people are i voted out because the sun says so god help us the world we are living in.

Being naïve I voted out because 180 degree turncoat jessa told all to vote in. :whistling:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

And set against operation fear we had operation obvious lies.Oh, sorry, they weren't lies they were "mistakes" and "misunderstandings"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629300

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

And set against operation fear we had operation obvious lies.Oh, sorry, they weren't lies they were "mistakes" and "misunderstandings"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629300

Politicians lie.

In the rare event of them telling the truth, it won't be "the whole truth and nothing but the truth".

Stop listening to them and make your own mind up - even if you only go with gut feeling it's a better result than one based on a politicians misinformation.

• Like 3

and make your own mind up - even if you only go with gut feeling it's a better result than one based on a politicians misinformation.

.....and I think that is exactly what happened, The bulk (not all) of the "remain" group believed the politicians. The bulk (not all) of the "leave" group went with a gut feeling.

Saw an interview with a smallholder cum livery stable owner (salt of the earth or ignorant yokel, depending upon your viewpoint) He said he went with a gut feeling about sovereignty and voted to leave - " and if it means I am slightly worse off financially, then so be it"

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Oh, that's OK then.

You don't think that if these mistakes and misunderstanding had been clarified prior to the vote there may well have been a slightly different outcome?

No, of course not.

And it is it looks as though you will be saddled with good old Boris as PM.

You remember him. The man who said that patients should pay for treatment on the NHS and that he was of the firm persuasion that the UK was better off in Europe (until he saw an opportunity to go after camerons job)

Of course, it could be Gove. The man who co-authored a book on how the NHS should be replaced with a private system (until he "saw the light")

Both of these lying politicians understand, and have always understood, that access to the single market is essential for trade and to attract inward investment.

Both of these lying politicians know, and have always known, that this will not be possible without payment and the free movement of people.

So, it seems very likely that that the UK will end up paying at least as much as they were paying before, in fact, probably more because there will be no rebate. You will also have to accept the free movement of people, so no change there.

The only change will be that your government will no longer have any say whatsoever in future negotiations.

As for the idea that there will be no financial penalty, it is very early days. I keep hearing that the pound and the markets are all fine. It sort of makes me think of someone who has jumped from the top of a very tall building and on the way down can be heard muttering "OK, so far"

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Boris for p m, he supports infrastructure improvements and growth for the u k. onwards and upwards.

like a purpose built multi runway hub airport with new crossings over the lower thames for road and rail. As opposed to delay, disappointment and indecision as is portrayed in this link, yet again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36671328

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Oh, that's OK then.

You don't think that if these mistakes and misunderstanding had been clarified prior to the vote there may well have been a slightly different outcome?

No, of course not.

And it is it looks as though you will be saddled with good old Boris as PM.

You remember him. The man who said that patients should pay for treatment on the NHS and that he was of the firm persuasion that the UK was better off in Europe (until he saw an opportunity to go after camerons job)

Of course, it could be Gove. The man who co-authored a book on how the NHS should be replaced with a private system (until he "saw the light")

Both of these lying politicians understand, and have always understood, that access to the single market is essential for trade and to attract inward investment.

Both of these lying politicians know, and have always known, that this will not be possible without payment and the free movement of people.

So, it seems very likely that that the UK will end up paying at least as much as they were paying before, in fact, probably more because there will be no rebate. You will also have to accept the free movement of people, so no change there.

The only change will be that your government will no longer have any say whatsoever in future negotiations.

As for the idea that there will be no financial penalty, it is very early days. I keep hearing that the pound and the markets are all fine. It sort of makes me think of someone who has jumped from the top of a very tall building and on the way down can be heard muttering "OK, so far"

Free movement is not suitable to many of the u k electorate, that's why remain lost. Even now there is no movement from the intransigent e u on that point, no a la carte. Down to the e u to perform or the u k will not be the last to leave as said by farage in the parliament. Onwards and upwards.

so many negative waves moriarty ( heard that somewhere) . :D