BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Whoops

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

We dont deal with the EU we deal with individual countries which also sell to us ,they will lose far more than us

As to exports its less than half .

But you have to count how many of our exports are really internal exports ,most cars we export are by foreign companies to themselves ,not much tax being paid on those to our tax pot!

There you go on again by your mentioning of foreign labour ,same old crap ! That wont stop after we leave they can still come but the difference will be they will need to ask to come with a confirmed job,we know who they are and where they live,they will be paid at least basic wage ,more importantly their bosses will pay their share of tax employing them and we can chuck them out if caught on the fiddle

We have always had cheap labour but like before we joined they had to ask to come and like before we could refuse!

Perhaps if we stopped your welders the wages would rise and entice domestic welders ,your the one who pretends to be concerned with brits but happily boasts we employ foreigners

As i said before if a company employs mostly foreign workers and it goes bust who cares?

And it may get in your craw despite going to leave productivity and exports have risen since we said we are leaving ,johny foreigner is still coming and foreign companies still coming here to set up trade

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm surprised you're giving PatkolMarine such a 'big up' Paul.

Having spent my life in the fabrication/plating/welding industry, I was interested in their work. I see that at least one of the vessels is being rigged for beam trawling, and scallop dredging :o.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

So Trump threatens to ditch a US / UK trade deal and no response.

Anyone remember the outrage when Obama mentioned it?

Looks like he might have been right.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

So Trump threatens to ditch a US / UK trade deal and no response.

Anyone remember the outrage when Obama mentioned it?

Looks like he might have been right.

I think that we tended to believe Obama Dave, but few believe what comes out of Trumps mouth.

I think a woman on Newsnight summed it up pretty well. He's there to shock, challenge, and generally disrupt what we regard as the norm in politics. Heseltine also said on the same prog', 'Trumps America first policy, is nothing new, it's always been that way'.

So, Trump's like a nagging ache, the longer you live it, the less noticeable it becomes.

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm surprised you're giving PatkolMarine such a 'big up' Paul.

Having spent my life in the fabrication/plating/welding industry, I was interested in their work. I see that at least one of the vessels is being rigged for beam trawling, and scallop dredging :o.

John.

Yes they are booming John they build all sorts of vessels for all sorts of fishing methods a successful company which had seen its workforce grown as there workload has increased I know i many locals who work there BUT some of those would not be working there if it wasnt for skilled foreign labour .

Now has trump just sent Mrs May to the gallows according to the headline of the sun this morning either his trying his best or they are doing there very best to do it but the more you read into it the white paper will fail to get through parliament which means 2 things either extra time with brexit or another referendum which do you think it will be John .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes they are booming John they build all sorts of vessels for all sorts of fishing methods a successful company which had seen its workforce grown as there workload has increased I know i many locals who work there BUT some of those would not be working there if it wasnt for skilled foreign labour .

Now has trump just sent Mrs May to the gallows according to the headline of the sun this morning either his trying his best or they are doing there very best to do it but the more you read into it the white paper will fail to through parliament which means 2 things either extra time with brexit or another referendum which do you think it will be John .

No deal, is looking more and more likely.

I said many years ago that we would face a drastic shortage of skilled labour, especially in that industry. There were no apprenticeships being offered, a 12month course saw you get a certificate, (it might has well have been a swimming certificate, judging by the number of times we had to rectify jobs). Technology took away many jobs, and enabled one man to do the job of many. The foreign workers we employed at the time struggled to read the drawing we used, so we had to detail every part, so it became more like copying than plating. CAD machines took away the need to understand, and develop, plate work. We are just reaping what was sown then.

Fred,(Clifftop) will be able to tell you more about the shipbuilding side of it.

John

Edited by gozzer

Looks like president clump has got himself in a muddle the brexit rag the sun looks to have told porkys not like the sun you will struggle to buy a copy in Liverpool even now after the Hillsboro lies .

Mind you what will the sun headline be Tomorrow trump the fibber either he is liar or the sun is telling porkys or will they just completely change the story .

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/13/fake-news-trump-backtracks-over-criticism-of-may-brexit-plan

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Cod says his link is lies and bias

PI55ED AGAIN.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.