E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I agree with you, much too late to achieve anything. It should have been done 2 years ago and should have included ALL interested parties.

If you gave them twenty years it still wouldn’t change the outcome.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge

As I have said on many occasions, I think that the UK should and will leave. What I am appalled at is the total dog's breakfast they have made of leaving. The attitude of people like David Davies was "we can sort this out in an afternoon over a cup of tea."

Now they have screwed it up it becomes everyone elses fault.

People keep on about whining remainers. I have heard much more whinging and whining coming from the leavers of late.

I think that a no Brexit is becoming inevitable and both sides, EU and UK will have to spend the next generation or two dealing with the outcome. At least it will do away with the uncertainty. Now we can all be certain that we are well and truly screwed.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

The attitude of people like David Davies was "we can sort this out in an afternoon over a cup of tea."

And, in all fairness that is a presumption with argument on both sides and is therefore a rebuttable presumption.

The only way of knowing if his statement was correct would have been to allow it to conclusion.

I can fully understand his position in quitting when he discovered that he was the negotiator in name only and a totally different discussion was being conducted behind closed doors.

That is NOT his fault or OUR fault it lands firmly on the person who authorised it, Teresa May.

She didn’t even learn a lesson even when the shite was dropped on her from a great height when she was told that her proposals would be accepted, leading her to make a statement to this effect in parliament only to be met with a resounding NON from the summit.

Just wondering what the trade off will be with JC for his support, it’s bound to be costly and even after this trade off this new deal still has to get a majority in the house. I certainly think, whatever it is, it will not gain a majority.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I don't believe that any deal will be passed by this Parliament and it will be a no deal by default.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

You have your opinion which is Shite I cant help that thats your choice your very good at it as for listening to a pile of crap that doesnt interest me scallopers ? yes they are getting banned off the Yorkshire coast and not before time its an even better result than no Brexit which is now looking like odds on but for people like you its what you deserve what a shame what a shame more cheap fags cheap wine cheap holidays bring it on happy days its brilliant ask the millions and millions who do it every single year its only the sad miserable bastards who sit at home stewing in there own **** that complain.

Is that your opinion or did you read it somewhere?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I don't believe that any deal will be passed by this Parliament and it will be a no deal by default.

I have to disagree with you, just my own opinion, I do not think we will leave at all, been saying it a long time.

I don’t think the entire country is going to erupt in violent disorder as some elements are saying, and nor do I believe that the entire populace will shrug its shoulders and carry on as said by a Liberal Peer a few days ago.

I am worried about the Lisbon Treaty and the indicated further expansion of the EU into Africa.

I agree that Parliament will never reach a majority but the only thing they are waiting for is an opportunity to put the blame onto some other group.

• Like 3

Hugh,

First, this is how I understand the "Lisbon Treaty". https://fullfact.org/europe/viral-list-about-lisbon-treaty-wrong/

Second, For some reason, there is NO information that I find that indicates how much the UK is in arrears to the EU (forgetting the negotiated exit numbers). I understand your thoughts on "not leaving' but you may be forced to leave based on the "vote" to leave and not paying "normal" dues?? Has the UK remained current with payment to the EU?

Phone

North Yorkshire MP Nigel Adams has quit as a junior minister this morning in protest over Theresa May’s latest Brexit policy. In a letter to the Prime Minister, Mr Adams said he had stood down as Wales Minister over the Government’s decision to work with Jeremy Corbyn in an effort to break the Brexit deadlock.

The Selby and Ainsty MP also resigned as an Assistant Whip, although he has not formally performed the role in many months. In a swipe at the Labour leader, he criticised Number Ten for pursuing a new Brexit plan “cooked up with a Marxist”. And he reiterated Mrs May’s previous position that “no deal is better than a bad deal,” and described the UK remaining part of a customs union with the EU after Brexit as a betrayal of Leave voters.

He wrote: “I believe we have two great challenges. We must deliver the Brexit people voted for. And we must prevent the calamity of a Corbyn government.“ Sadly, I feel that we are now at risk of simultaneously failing in both.”

Last night the Prime Minister dramatically changed course on Brexit, saying she would work with Mr Corbyn to carve out a new plan which could command a majority in the House of Commons. In a statement from Downing Street, she said: “I am taking action to break the logjam: I am offering to sit down with the Leader of the Opposition and to try to agree a plan - that we would both stick to - to ensure that we leave the European Union and that we do so with a deal.”

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Hugh,

First, this is how I understand the "Lisbon Treaty". https://fullfact.org/europe/viral-list-about-lisbon-treaty-wrong/

Second, For some reason, there is NO information that I find that indicates how much the UK is in arrears to the EU (forgetting the negotiated exit numbers). I understand your thoughts on "not leaving' but you may be forced to leave based on the "vote" to leave and not paying "normal" dues?? Has the UK remained current with payment to the EU?

Phone

The U.K. always pays its dues, in actual fact is usually in credit so to speak as the rebate amount is paid and subsequently refunded the following year.

The current extension to Article 50 is costing US approximately £50,000,000 per day but the true amounts will probably never be known.

EDIT: Sorry Phone, was unable to view your link before just now, in order to avoid any confusion, whilst appreciating that some peoples lives are totally dominated by social media I am not one of them. I read the Treaty in the (virtual) EU Library, well that parts us thick people have access to.

As in all things the treaty should be read whilst mindful of speeches being made by politicians.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

Hugh,

Phone

Full Fact's "core funding comes from three independent charitable trusts: the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, the Nuffield Foundation and the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation".

A look at The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust's site reveals that it has a strong focus on "racial justice" and "Islamophobia". Its pamphlet The Quest for Racial Justice has the picture of a hijab-wearing woman on its cover, so we know immediately what kind of "racial justice" we're talking about.

It doesn't take much to realize that this is a charitable, Quaker in origin, but politically not unbiased organization, believing in multiculturalism and seeing things only from the perspective of ethnic groups and immigrants, legal or not, and not the indigenous population of Britain.

The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust does not define what it means by "racial justice", probably assuming that it should be obvious, and indeed it is obvious what it intends when you see that it is in full support of the Macpherson Report on the death of Stephen Lawrence, which accuses the police of being "institutionally racist" and contains a pearl like this: "A racist incident is any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person" opening the door to any abuse of the term. Or when you read in The Quest for Racial Justice statements like this:

"Stephen Lawrence died at the hands of racists in 1993... In the meantime, many others have lost their lives in a similar way"

without any mention of the many white victims of non-white racism, about whom the national media are totally silent, a situation so scandalous as to prompt even Muslim multiculturalist and leftist Yasmin Alibhai Brown to write an article whose headline says it all: "When the victim is white, does anyone care?".

It's clear that for this organization victims cannot be white. Yet "Almost half of the 58 known victims of racially motivated murders between 1995 and 2004 were white".

Yorkshire Conservative Councillor Roger Taylor called JUST West Yorkshire, a group affiliated with The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, an "ultra-left organization".

Source.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.