E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

We will never agree on this for one main reason, some on here have a big personal stake in the EU, so it creates a natural bias. Mike you have said that you have family, business/ financial ties, homes, etc in Europe, and even consider yourself to be European. There are others on here who have similar strong ties, (even if it's just cheap holidays, booze, and fags), so they too have a natural bias towards remain. I and those like me have little, or no such ties. There is nothing in my mind that creates such a strong bias, I base my stance purely on what I see and hear, using my past experiences, (suppose they could be classed as a slight bias), and on that, I base my belief as to what I think will happen in the future. I don't like what I 'see'.

This is something that I've constantly mentioned on here, 'what I believe the future holds inside an ever changing EU', it's something that I've very rarely heard mentioned by the remain camp, either pre, or post, referendum. I've heard references to the past, and the present, and even to the mythical 'status quo', but few if any thoughts on our possible future in the EU, or indeed the direction of the EU itself.

I can only assume that they won't speak of it because they are afraid of what it might hold, and just want to concentrate on what they have now.

There are no doubt, also those who possibly see the UK marching hand in hand with our 'European cousins' to a glorious, free, equal, peaceful, sun lit Utopia, Where all diversity is welcomed, where cultural divides will be celebrated, and differences will all be sorted by talks around a table. A land where there are no borders, where all can travel freely, without any personal/group/sect/religious, phobias, or prejudices, because they will not exist anymore. (There will also be cheap holidays, with cheap fags and booze).

There are of course those who just think entirely along financial lines, and will merely prostitute themselves for any monetary gain.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You obviously dont! In a fascist state the choice of leaving wouldnt have been possible ,you know when blair ruled the roost ,promissed it then reneged on it!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well, at least we've established that you don't know what Fascism is.

I actually read "The Doctrine of Fascism" by Benito Mussolini and Giovanni Gentile last week and this ain't it.

The EU with it's sham democracy, it's totalitarian state control and its tyrannical restrictions on free speech..

That sounds a lot like Fascism.

"everything in the state, nothing against the State, nothing outside the state"

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Brexshit **** **** !!!! hope you are all ashamed and this is brexit disgusting this lady has Paid £500, 000 in tax and this and there will be many lazy ***** never done a days work in there life will have put the cross in the brexit box .?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/30/mum-lived-uk-55-years-denied-residency-10658918/

And the Brexit deceit doesn't end there michael Gove telling porky after porky its never ending as normal full of **** lets have it exactly as it is .

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-claim-of-no-fresh-food-shortages-after-no-deal-categorically-untrue-11799840

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Brexshit **** **** !!!! hope you are all ashamed and this is brexit disgusting this lady has Paid £500, 000 in tax and this and there will be many lazy ***** never done a days work in there life will have put the cross in the brexit box .

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/30/mum-lived-uk-55-years-denied-residency-10658918/

I'm surprised she wants to stay in such a 'Fascist' country.

She'd be better off going back to Italy, a country that has never known Fascism....oh hang on.....well, never known Fascism, as defined in 'your book' Paul.

However if she is stupid enough to want to stay in a Fascist country, without "having to pay thousands of pounds", then she has the option to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, "which is free and simple", or didn't you read that far down.

Any scheme will have teething troubles, and some people might slip through the net. Some who are opposed to the scheme will use any means to try and discredit it, either by using the bias within certain parts of the media, with mournful looks next to a picture of dead parents, or with sad faces, holding papers that they say prove whatever she is claiming. Don't you realise these are orchestrated, and posed for, to try and get maximum effect?

Do you think that the Metro would have published the article if everything had gone smoothly the way the lady wanted it?

I'm sick of this sensational bias that some of the 'remainers', and you in particular Paul, seem to lap up, and spout as proof that everyone has got it wrong apart from you.

As for this 'lady' to agree to using her dead parents, as a tool with which to play the sympathy card, as the paper will have no doubt suggested. I find it disgusting, and disrespectful to their memory.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It's likely an error that will be corrected but just to play devils advocate for a second....

She states that she's been here for 55 years - with 27 years of that being prior to "freedom of movement and residence for persons in the EU", which was established by the Treaty of Maastricht in 1992. One has to ask whether she and her family arrived as illegal immigrants.

She's had 55 years in which to apply for British citizenship based on residency and/or marriage. Why hasn't she?

I have zero sympathy for her, just as I have zero sympathy for the Windrush folks that did the same thing.

Having had jobs where members of the public are invited to provide evidence to support their claims, I can say that anyone spending so much "evidence" that it costs them £35 to post it is waffling and that 99% of it will be irrelevant garbage.

When someone sends in hundreds of pages of documentation, things tend to get binary. Either there's so much going on that you can literally pick up the first document or two and decide that's all the evidence that you need or you can can plough through hundreds of pages of fluff that simply doesn't support anything.

Edit: It seems that her application was turned down last year and the decision has presumably now been upheld by a judge at an appear tribunal.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43839655

Seems that some systems are just as bad, Brexit has done this lady no good at all!

https://www.euronews.com/2019/07/19/france-denies-nationality-to-nurse-for-working-too-much

Rules are rules, I would say that EVERY Country has rules, some more arbitrary than others, if you do not follow the rules you face problems, simple.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Oh what irony. The leavers refer to regaining our sovereignty and not being run by unelected officials and the Buffoon appoints Dominic Cummings who is precisely that . You couldn't make it up.

Just putting your post up to remind you of your comment, later you added the reported firing of an advisor supposedly by Cummings.

Some on here refer to this as ‘moving the goalposts!’

You ask if any other adviser had done this before, the answer to your question is, yes. Simply put.

If you care to educate yourself in the whole process then please do so if you wish, if you prefer to ‘believe’ sound bites from Politicians and alleged rumours in bias media then don’t waste your time. Up to you.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

https://www.germany-visa.org/germany-may-soon-reintroduce-border-checks-with-switzerland/

Interesting little snippet! STUPID German Minister wants to introduce ‘smart’ border checks on the (rather large) border between Switzerland and Germany, he should ask a few remoaner MP’s, there is no such thing as ‘smart’ border controls.