Should we have left the EU?

John S

51 minutes ago, big_cod said:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: Right ok so billions of pounds off to Frankfurt Germany from brexsick Britain .Oh dear not more bad news there is no end to it.

Brexit LIVE: THOUSANDS flee City – Boris must secure finance deal

financial firms has sparked a mass exodus of bankers from the City of London due to the lack of financial service provisions in the Brexit deal.

Without any specific agreement on financial services, several banks such as Morgan Stanley, Barclays and Goldman Sachs have now moved senior bankers out of London. Instead, these firms have now looked to centres in Frankfurt, Paris and Milan. Due to the "post-Covid phenomenon", some firms are also looking to relocate masses of workers by 2024.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1435463/brexit-news-latest-uk-financial-services-london-boris-johnson-eu-news-paris-frankfurt

Good link.

I particularly enjoyed the bit that reads:

"8.27pm update: Brexit win! Remainer economist admits UK to outperform world and leave EU and US in dust

Britain is on the verge of outperforming the rest of the world thanks to its stellar vaccine roll-out and the stability provided by Boris Johnson's hefty Parliamentary majority, in sharp contrast to the dire warnings issued by anti-Brexit doom-mongers five years ago, a Remainer economist has said.

Paul Authers admitted the UK is several months ahead of both the EU and the USA in terms of its pandemic recovery - and in an excellent position to capitalise.

Mr Authers, the author of books including The Fearful Rise of Markets, said he had voted to stay in the bloc in June 2016, and still wished the result had been different.

However, in a column written for Bloomberg, he pointed to the current strength of the pound versus both the dollar and the euro as clear signs that Britain had bounced back from whatever negative impact severing links with Brussels had caused".
Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

What part of "one is british" didnt you catch ,where do you buy your tackle? Hardys?

Like anything nothing does everything perfectly so you buy with that in mind ,the british company is still in the 80's tech wise foreign ones leave them standing  except on the beach but my latest beats it hands down even on the beach so it lives in the loft

If the company dragged itself out of the last century they may sell more

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

28 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So where did you buy your last metal detector from here or abroad ??? And brexit will illuminate cheap labour don’t be so ridiculous  won’t happen , let’s just think now what’s the minimum wage  under the tories under a tenner and it will stay that way with  the thousands about to join the dole que, with the Brexit and covid fallout .

Minimum wage should be changed to £2 per hour.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 hour ago, Ken L said:

However, in a column written for Bloomberg, he pointed to the current strength of the pound versus both the dollar and the euro as clear signs that Britain had bounced back from whatever negative impact severing links with Brussels had caused".

I think it is a bit early to say that. I would make the 17.4 million that voted for this shambles pay for it. 16bn/17.4m. They can pay from their salary, benefits or the can flog their gaff.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Just now, Ken L said:

Good link.

I particularly enjoyed the bit that reads:

"

8.27pm update: Brexit win! Remainer economist admits UK to outperform world and leave EU and US in dust

Britain is on the verge of outperforming the rest of the world thanks to its stellar vaccine roll-out and the stability provided by Boris Johnson's hefty Parliamentary majority, in sharp contrast to the dire warnings issued by anti-Brexit doom-mongers five years ago, a Remainer economist has said.

Paul Authers admitted the UK is several months ahead of both the EU and the USA in terms of its pandemic recovery - and in an excellent position to capitalise.

Mr Authers, the author of books including The Fearful Rise of Markets, said he had voted to stay in the bloc in June 2016, and still wished the result had been different.

Seriously Ken brexit made no difference to the vaccine rollout we could have done exactly the same being in the European Union .

How’s that pound doing against the euro compared to  the 2016 referendum , slight **** to be exact .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Ken L said:

Minimum wage should be changed to £2 per hour.

And you should be put on it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

1 minute ago, big_cod said:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

You still havnt answered is all your tackle from hardys or are you just calling the kettle black as usual

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

10 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

What part of "one is british" didnt you catch ,where do you buy your tackle? Hardys?

I have numerous trade accounts here in the U.K. and sponsored by pure fishing .You do know who owns hardys !!

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Swerving i see