Should we have left the EU?

John S

Lets get back to compost.

Bugger me i put a small order into amazon prime food dooda and it just arrived ,usually you go through and order stuff and get to the end and theres no delivery slots for weeks ,i put a small one in just to get to the end quickly to taste the disapointment and bugger me it offered me a 4-6 slot and it just came !

5 minutes of wiping with propanol and its in the fridge! Bet it wont work tomorrow !

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cory,

I understand completely what you've typed.  What I can't seem to grasp is how would it be different if you had remained?  For some time into the future everyone  will defend their position at the time of the vote, that's human nature.

I would ask regarding the EU. With finite natural resources and flexible population and infrastructure is it also natural the haves and the  have-nots segregate. The burden will be immense. IMO with or without the UK tribal genetics will be at work

Phone 

If i heard rightly the influx of flying romanians were booked last december so predate coronavirus so were coming anyway so the notion of the crop being left to rot looks a bit dubious ,perhaps the cutters were just delayed rather than non existant?

Could be wrong i was passing when it was mentioned on the news

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

No never can’t be in a ditch again another one of his failed promises I have lost count there must hundreds of them now  !!! I was talking to one of the skippers yesterday that fishes out of Peterhead  he skippers one of top earning boats out of there his words hook brexit big mistake we will never sell our fish .And that makes perfect sense when the U.K. fleet exports 80% of what they catch to Europe the penny has finally dropped .

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1275930/Brexit-bombshell-Boris-Johnson-extension-UK-EU-trade-negotiation-forecast-Hinduja

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Dammit need more compost hopefully that big pile delivered the other week hasnt gone .

I get it in 3's  you pay for 2 and get 1 free

All,

Just finished another above ground garden for the Mrs. I have a truck and got 1 cubic yard of the best compost I've seen in years.  Best part $20.00. Rounded up a clutch of grand-kids' and it's finished a couple weeks or more sooner than I could have without help. 

Reminds me of when I was in my 20's I worked in an 18-acre garden and every January I had 3 lorry loads of horse manure,3 lorry loads of mushroom compost and 25 400 litre bags of peat to spread on the garden .

We had a lot of specimen rhodydendrons and whilst mushroom compost is mostly peat and poop it also has chalk which the rhodies cannot tolerate so i had to leave a 6ft gap round each rhodie and make a mix of peat and manure in a cement mixer to complete the mulch on the beds .

The boss was a tickler for the look of his garden although he spent the winter in the south of france he loved entertaining in the garden in the summer so it had to be perfect (far to perfect for my eyes but he paid the wages) being on sand the soil was poor so you had to continualy put moisture holding material in it and constantly water it .

I was invited to go and look at the garden but decided not to when the owner said they were looking for a head gardenener ,i am not easy to get on with if its not done exactly as i want i get annoyed so thought it best not to get involved or i would end up doing everything while the gardeners stood about ,its the reason i didnt carry on when the old boss sold it in 1993 .

Looking at google earth the layout looks like i left it there was nothing when i started!

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Reminds me of when I was in my 20's I worked in an 18-acre garden and every January I had 3 lorry loads of horse manure,3 lorry loads of mushroom compost and 25 400 litre bags of peat to spread on the garden .

We had a lot of specimen rhodydendrons and whilst mushroom compost is mostly peat and poop it also has chalk which the rhodies cannot tolerate so i had to leave a 6ft gap round each rhodie and make a mix of peat and manure in a cement mixer to complete the mulch on the beds .

The boss was a tickler for the look of his garden although he spent the winter in the south of france he loved entertaining in the garden in the summer so it had to be perfect (far to perfect for my eyes but he paid the wages) being on sand the soil was poor so you had to continualy put moisture holding material in it and constantly water it .

I was invited to go and look at the garden but decided not to when the owner said they were looking for a head gardenener ,i am not easy to get on with if its not done exactly as i want i get annoyed so thought it best not to get involved or i would end up doing everything while the gardeners stood about ,its the reason i didnt carry on when the old boss sold it in 1993 .

Looking at google earth the layout looks like i left it there was nothing when i started!

Brexit   :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg