Should we have left the EU?

John S

Japan as just decided to start incentivising its companies to pull out of China, build factories at home and source components from outside China.

Given the content of the leaked Five Eyes report, expect the US and European companies to start doing the same.

Globalism gets another nail in its coffin.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be bartering soon - a bottle of Rhubarb wine for a Chicken.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

5 hours ago, Martin56 said:

We'll be bartering soon - a bottle of Rhubarb wine for a Chicken.

We're certainly not done with shortages.

Manufacturing and shipping of all kinds has been on hold for a good while, so try to figure out what will run short and stock up.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The only shortage i have found is breadmakers ! Saw new ones going for many times their pre covid rrp!

Once this is over the second hand market will be flooded with the things mostly because they were grabbed and then fall vastly below expectations and stuck in the loft .

Once things ease up they will be on ebay for sure .

My one was unrepairable (who carries spares except easily lost items the repair guys just swop boards they dont fault find to component level any more ,no spare boards and its in the skip) so just one months use for a well rated maker! sign of the times!

I am using our old one which hopefully lasts but is definately creaking due to it being over worked !

Strangely i still cannot source a decent bread knife that can cut a soft loaf like our 40+ year old knife ,i bought a nice looking german steel one ,to short and dull ,a swiss steel one to dull! The only one i can see with similar tooth patten are very very expensive !

No Amazon reviews come out with a 100% good rating and the 2 above had the highest in the price bracket i allowed ,if those giving it 5 * were happy boy they have low expectations!

Heres mine ,nothing spotted anywhere exactly the same the tiny teeth are impossible to sharpen i havnt sound a file with a sub .2mm size! How they originlly made them a mystery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77h0m51hisfahgs/IMG_20200506_112514.jpg?dl=0

As i used to say to the old guy 2 doors away i think the baby boomers have seen the best of the human output of the planet ,modern stuff is just disposable crap designed to last for the warranty then get replaced its a crazy way of running a planet i can see why some get annoyed

I bought a new router hoping the wifi speed would improve as it boasted 3 transmitters huge aerials ,wireless 6 and all the rest of the eye catching stuff to catch the eye ,it probably had those things but its silly signal didnt go through one wall and kept dropping the connection to the internet ,it was a devil to set up aswell despite the price which should make it plug and pray .

The bt one went back in ,connected instantly and works fine but the wifi lag is annoying ! The new one went in a box and was returned next morning ,bit of junk!

It was also strange usually modern gear is smaller but this thing was huge it must have been 2 foot across once wall mounted so why it couldnt penetrate one wall is a mystery the bt one can do it (just!) Its a third the size with no external aerials at all.

Trouble is if you fit an extender it cuts the speed in half so even worse

Avoid!

https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/dir-3060-exo-ac3000-smart-mesh-wifi-router

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Define "Foreign owned"..

Who are these foreign fishing corporations paying to fish British waters.

What happens when  "British waters" include the full 200nm EEZ and not just the share of it allocated under the CFP?

Do you understand that once we are finally free of the EU all deal regarding ownership of fishing rights are wiped clean and we own all the rights?

5 hours ago, Ken L said:

Define "Foreign owned"..

Who are these foreign fishing corporations paying to fish British waters.

What happens when  "British waters" include the full 200nm EEZ and not just the share of it allocated under the CFP?

Do you understand that once we are finally free of the EU all deal regarding ownership of fishing rights are wiped clean and we own all the rights?

So how was it in the 1950-60 was whitby harbour full of Dutch herring boats full of them ,fishing agreements long long before  we joined the EU,  and U.K. fishing boats have been fishing off the French coast this last month loads of them  winners and losers Ken more losers than winners with brexit ,80% of fish and shellfish caught by U.K. boats goes to Europe  bite your nose off to spite your face .Who in the right mind would vote brexit when they sell  practically all there  produce for top dollar in Europe  and then put two fingers up to your main customer you couldn’t make it up .

I hear the crying every day Now the worst is still come I know a few skippers  who didn’t vote brexit a lot did there words fools they have hooked it for us all  And 3 skippers from Whitby working out of Peterhead now saying brexit was a mistake .

As for quotas who owns them who paid what for them  Locker trawlers From Whitby have £9 million worth of cod quota what happens to that do they get compensation or nothing  it’s a hornets nest .

But it’s a bit like the rest of Britain we own nothing the tories  sold the lot off to foreigners and that’s including fishing quota they allowed that and we want our sovereignty back what sovereignty.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Much more flour appearing online, spelt still scarce unless you dig deep in your pockets.

Spending tomorrow decanting sack of flour into paper bags ready to vacuum seal  for storage

Fancy a pint of whelks right now ,pity the foreigners get them hopefully when the whelkers come begging for us to buy them if their present buyers cannot they get shown the door and go broke ,same with all the rest they dont give a crap about the home market until they need them

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson