Vagabond

certhia

So sad to report that my beloved Dave, known to you as Vagabond has died. He left to fish another world on 3rd May. I'm thinking he is out there hunting that 2lb roach. He enjoyed the friendships he made through Anglers Net and was still reading your posts until very recently.  We often remembered the Anglers Net gatherings at Wingham and the bass fishing trips out of Lymington and Weymouth.  

My best wishes to you all and thank you for giving Dave so much entertainment with your many posts. 

Edited by certhia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

My sincerest condolences to you on losing Dave, he was an asset to Anglers Net & Indeed a credit to yourself & family. He will be sadly missed on here.

R.I.P. & god bless.

• Like 2

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

This is the post all of us hoped we'd never read. Dave was a pillar of this site, way back in the days when websites ruled the internet, and we were all blessed to have him in our lives. Without him, these forums would not have been what they were. He entertained us with his personality and knowledge, both here and on the bank, and his book, Angling Vagabond, is one that should be read by anglers everywhere. 

Next time I cast a line, it's going to be for Dave. My sincere condolences to you and all of Dave's family and friends. Rest assured, 'Vagabond' will never be forgotten.

Tight lines, Dave, and thanks for the memories - Elton

• Like 2

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

VERY sad news - Elton's said it all - and an angler's, angler - his species count was V impressive!

RIP - Dave.

Edited by Chris Plumb
  • Like 2

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I am sorry to hear that .Another Anglers Net hero gone .No doubt he's already on his list of heaven fish to catch .He will be missed .I had the honour of him visiting here once he was a very nice chap if only more were like him .

• Like 3

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Shame he didn't write any more books - I feel sure Dave had MANY more stories to tell. A quick google reveals that Angling Vagabond is still widely available from all good bookshops (& Amazon!). Worth picking up a copy if you haven't read it. This is what I said about it at the time.... https://www.anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/book-and-media-reviews/angling_vagabond_dave_park/

• Like 3

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Hi Guys, I haven't been on here for many years, ( I was known back in the day as Norrie )

.....but was told about Daves passing by Elton....geez, the end of an era...what a lovely, lovely guy...I had the pleasure of fishing with him many times at Lochaline, where he and his wife Paula supplied many varying foods for our end of day feasts....one that sticks in my mind is Wild Boar sausages, and for dessert , strawberries dipped in melted chocolate ...awesome food. We also fished at Lymington along with John Becker, and Paul Compton...( Do they know of Daves passing?? ) I remember one trip out of Lymington, when a baby Thresher shark followed Daves bait right out the water and up the side of the boat...exciting that was...

So, I suppose it comes to us all, but it was a real shock when I heard about Dave...he seemed to be invincible....just kept going on and on, in his Ford mobile home...I for one, will miss him, but will certainly have fond memories of the time I spent with him..

Att is a  wee photo of Dave, Paul Compton and half of John Becker, Lymington 2006...at dinner in the Mayfair...Happy Times indeed..:)

RIP Dave...

Dave Park.jpg

Edited by madforit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• 4 months later...