Disclosure

trent.barbeler

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fishing is a personal thing it is to me anyway,if I ever disclose captures its only to a few close Friends who them selves are anglers,if i was lucky enough to catch a fish that could be considered a record only my close Friends would know but i wouldn't bother reporting it to the press.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

I think I have only once or twice, stated my catch on here. If I was to chat to you on the banks it may be that I would let something out of the bag.

I don't know why that is, it's set me thinking now.

sort of have, sort of havent. i have put fish (mainly zander) in the press and i also write articles for the mags. i dont not say where they come from, for example if i caught a big zander from the relief channel, i would say the channel, but i wouldnt give exact areas.

i suppose i am lucky as my target species (for part of the year) is not as popular as pike are in peters case or barbel for you lee so it has far less impact.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

I think it is OK to give a general location. But I would not want or give info that pinpoints the spot.

I agree that fishing is a highly individualised activity.

"Muddlin' along"

Dont feel the need really.Have used a few pics for advertising and given a few pics to friends for their websites or magazines etc.I have no problem with people publisising their catches,after all the comics would be pretty dull without them!I suppose if the truth was known I am just too lazy to do it!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I like to think I'll tell (almost) anything to anyone I meet or who asks. I don't go in for pics in the mags but I have done - can't see the point now. If I were not fishing more or less closed waters then I may not say very much at all. I will also remember those people who seem to ask for info and give nothing in return. I will only open up the once to people like that.

Rob.

I have never sent any details of any capture to the press. I have put a few on AN.

If anglers want the rest of the angling world to know they have caught a PB or whatever thats up to them.

I just wish they would not say where, when, what bait, tackle make, colour of underpants etc.

This just leads to the swim/area/bait etc taking a right hammering in the following weeks.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!